German Autobahn Parkplatz peeing

Rest areas like this are pretty common in Finland, too. Very few rest stops have actual toilet facilities (the places that have them have usually gotten vandalized pretty badly), but there is trees, bushes etc. for that purpose.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Loller said:

Rest areas like this are pretty common in Finland, too. Very few rest stops have actual toilet facilities (the places that have them have usually gotten vandalized pretty badly), but there is trees, bushes etc. for that purpose.

Do you end up seeing much pee action at Finish rest areas? Are people as open about peeing at them as the are in Germany or do they try to hide more?

9 hours ago, GWash17 said:

Are you German?

No, but I spent many summers traveling in Germany and my farther would usually always pick up a new BMW, Mercedes or Porsche European delivery on these trips so we were usually driving around. 

• Like 1

Yes, I recognize this. I often go to Germany for holiday and when driving on the autobahn I usually go to "parkplatze" without toilet. Big chance to see someone peeing there. Mostly men, but sometimes I also see women going on the bushes. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I loved this about my time in Germany, they have a much freer attitude towards peeing (and sex for that matter) than even many other European nations.  Saw many people peeing in parkplatz male and female whilst there. 

Back home in the U.K. it’s less common but most A roads have lay-bys that don’t have any facilities and you’ll usually see signs that people have peed there, but since they’re so small and there’s so many I expect if someone needs to pee they’ll drive past any with vehicles stopped in them already until they find a completely empty one so you’re far less likely to see anything. 

once or twice though I’ve had a  pleasant surprise. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Havelock said:

No, but I spent many summers traveling in Germany and my farther would usually always pick up a new BMW, Mercedes or Porsche European delivery on these trips so we were usually driving around. 

Ach, das ist sehr gut!

12 hours ago, Havelock said:

Do you end up seeing much pee action at Finish rest areas? Are people as open about peeing at them as the are in Germany or do they try to hide more?

Not much, really. Some people are more open and some people try to hide more. I personally don't walk very far to the woods so if someone else comes to the rest stop, they will probably see what I'm doing, lol.

I can't really pass comment on the German situation - but as you asked about other EU countries, I've recently been spending quite a lot of time in mainland Spain.

My travels have taken me across the country, well away from the touristy costa areas and most recently was a 1600km road trip.  The vast majority was on motorway roads, where stopping on the hard shoulder for anything other than a breakdown is I believe illegal.  These had periodic picnic areas which consisted of a service road off the motorway, usually with parking at the kerbside on either side.  No facilities other than rubbish bins, and most of the ones I passed seemed quite open with no trees.  I didn't stop at any, and those I passed seemed quite unused - just the odd van or lorry.

Perhaps the reason was that alternating with these were fairly frequent (every 50km or so) fuel stops, most of which were a petrol station with a decent cafe attached and ample toilet facilities.

In contrast, all the rest of my recent travels have been to a fairly rural area with twisty roads between towns 30km apart and very few facilities.  There I'd noted that in the occasional farm tracks off the road and turning points there seemed to be an abundance of tissues.  (There's a post about it here https://peefans.com/topic/21651-half-life-of-a-tissue-does-anyone-know/?do=findComment&comment=295588)

I've only once passed a car stopped, with door open and what looked like a passenger squatting at the side of the road - but on the opposite side, so no detail to be glimpsed.   I'd definitely say it happens quite regularly though.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Havelock said:
@JDG numerous times I was stuck in a “Stau” and experienced exactly what you are talking about. Shortly after the fall of the Berlin Wall, my family and I were driving on the Autobahn to Berlin when traffic came completely to standstill for hours with a Stau. I remember climbing around the car, trying to amuse myself and standing on the center console looking out the sunroof. Some men and a few women farther our had ventured into the adjacent field to pee. The car in front of us was an east German family in a light blue Trabant. After about 30 minutes the mother opened the passenger door and let her daughter out. It was a very hot day and she was wearing a sun dress and no shoes. She got out rubbing her eyes and stretching as if she had just woken up from a nap in the car.  She standing near the Trabi’s back fender on the hard shoulder of the autobahn facing backwards towards me but seeming not to pay attention to me at all. She reached up under her dress for her panties and I knew exactly what was likely to happen next. She squatted down with her dress hiked up and her panties around her knees in a low squat. Soon a stream emerged from her squat, producing a puddle on the dry tarmac. She looked down at her crotch and the puddle as she was making it. When she finished she continued to look down and swayed side to side slightly perhaps to shake off some drops. The puddle continued to spread. She then stood up slowly looking around the scenery and pulling up her panties which at first caught in her dress until her mother hoped out of the car and straightened her out. Then the son emerged from the car, pulled down his pants and peed an arc onto the guardrail and a bit over into the grass. Within the next hour many others would break the seal. The mother in front of us, who was fit, young and also wearing a summer dress and sandals opened the door, got out and much like her daughter gazed back into the traffic. Standing quite near the open door she quickly reached under her dress and in one movement took her panties to her knees and squatted. Immediately she produced a furious stream on the tarmac as she gazed straight past me at the traffic behind us. She produced a bigger puddle than her daughter which had little streams in all directions. She bounced up and down a couple of times, quickly pulled up her panties and stepped away to the back of the car to avoid her puddle and get something from the trunk. At that point I decided I would get out of the car and walk around. I witnessed multiple people peeing. Near the center divide a brunette mom in a dress was making a puddle that ran under her car while her son peed on the guardrail. A hippy looking group of young women in a van were listening to music, got out and squatted behind the van making an audible splatter... 

I love Stau’s. I would almost try to get myself stuck in a mid-summer stau if I could. 

Lol, you're very right. An added bonus in the Stau I described was that we were right on top of a big hill with an almost 80 degree slope. So people couldn't wander off into the adjecent field for privacy and had no choice but to pee right there on the tarmac. 

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Since it was 70s and the German mom peed right in front of you it must have made for quite a sight with her squatting low, her full natural blond pubic hair exposed along with her slit, you were truly a lucky young man to have witnessed this slice of heaven there.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • 1 year later...

I have the impression that public peeing has become much less common for women at the Parkplätze. Maybe because of smartphone's cameras? Germans are known for valuing privacy (they helped dream up GDPR)...

Also, the parking infrastructure along Autobahnen is being renewed and improved, with many of the old small parkings giving way to less frequent but huge stopovers mainly destined for truckers.

But it definitely helps that toilets at the bigger stations are expensive to use (I believe it's around 70 cents, regardless of what you do in there) and those at smaller parkings are notoriously dirty (maybe to push people towards using the revenue generating places). So yes, smart people use the smaller parkings and go into the bushes. But as many women are less keen to expose themselves in public than men would like, I feel the proportion of sexes is not equally distributed. Also, the fewer ladies seem to venture further into the bushes or stay very close to their vehicle.

Have seen less public peeing in other countries, as toilets tend to be free (or included in the toll you pay there). But definitely it happens in other countries around the continent as well.

• Agree 1