Guys: do you use the urinal or stall when peeing in a public men's room?

Guys: do you use the urinal or stall when peeing in a public men's room?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Urinal or stall?

• Urinal
    • Stall

2 hours ago, Eliminature said:

As long as the powers that be at the motorsports wouldn't see fit to have me arrested for harassing the blokes! 😉 Unlikely, but you never know.

Off topic, but kind of on topic too, I only understood as an adult that the company name "Portakabin" is pronounced "port-a-cabin" and not, as I thought for many years, "port-akka-bin." 🤦‍♀️

In the words of ABBA: Portaloo / couldn’t escape if I wanted to

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

There was a phase during late adolescence where I'd get pee-shy, too. Without obvious reason, as I never had qualms showing myself naked to whoever cared to watch. But the situation of standing at a urinal and nothing coming out - potentially with friends or colleagues standing next to me - stressed me out. Obviously, that didn't ease my pee blockade...

That period has gone, and I can pee in other people's company again. This being said, I never chose the stall instead - I hate peeing standing into a normal toilet, and I don't like to sit on public toilets, even in more private / cleaner settings such as an office building.

NB: Outside into the vegetation always wins if the option is there.

Edited by Alpian
punctuation
  • Like 2
On 7/18/2022 at 10:18 PM, Alpian said:

There was a phase during late adolescence where I'd get pee-shy, too. Without obvious reason, as I never had qualms showing myself naked to whoever cared to watch. But the situation of standing at a urinal and nothing coming out - potentially with friends or colleagues standing next to me - stressed me out. Obviously, that didn't ease my pee blockade...

That period has gone, and I can pee in other people's company again. This being said, I never chose the stall instead - I hate peeing standing into a normal toilet, and I don't like to sit on public toilets, even in more private / cleaner settings such as an office building.

NB: Outside into the vegetation always wins if the option is there.

Pee shyness often has nothing to do with being nervous about showing your private parts. Though, my pee shyness definitely had some aspect of that too. It felt embarrassing to have your penis out in a public setting even if it was a setting where it was totally normal to do so. I still didn't feel awkward going full nude in locker room etc. but there was something about just having my penis out of my pants that made me feel awkward.

Edited by Loller
  • Hug 1
  • 1 month later...

Urinal - unless they are all taken, and I am very desperate. 
I worry that if I use a stall to pee - I am taking that from someone else who may need it.

I enjoy troughs, but haven’t seen one in ages.  Always thought it would be cool to have a trough that people pee on from both sides (trough in the middle of the men’s room).

• Like 2

It mostly depends on the situation. If I just wanna get back to what I was doing or am otherwise in a rush I'll use a urinal. But if I'm not or I'm trying to dodge a conversation or event I'm not into, I'll take my time, sit down, and relax in a stall (provided they're clean enough)

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Peenicks said:

It mostly depends on the situation. If I just wanna get back to what I was doing or am otherwise in a rush I'll use a urinal. But if I'm not or I'm trying to dodge a conversation or event I'm not into, I'll take my time, sit down, and relax in a stall (provided they're clean enough)

Do you ever hover if you do use the stall? And if you dont mind me asking, which if you do please feel free to not answer. What kind of conversation or event do you mean? 

2 minutes ago, AshySlashy said:

Do you ever hover if you do use the stall? And if you dont mind me asking, which if you do please feel free to not answer. What kind of conversation or event do you mean? 

If I don't feel comfortable sitting on a public toilet seat, yes, sometimes I'll squat and hover over top of it.

Most recently I went to a family reunion at a public park and I spent plenty of time relaxing in the stalls to avoid the more awkward conversations

• Hug 1
10 minutes ago, Peenicks said:

If I don't feel comfortable sitting on a public toilet seat, yes, sometimes I'll squat and hover over top of it.

Most recently I went to a family reunion at a public park and I spent plenty of time relaxing in the stalls to avoid the more awkward conversations

Id imagine with family things it be best to avoid awkward conversations lol

I went to a local festival a few weeks ago and they had a ring of portaloos, and in the middle of the ring, two porta-urinals. 

Now, I've never seen these before but looking from the top they are circular, with a cross that was the wall of the urinal. So four guys stood in a circle pissing onto the dividing wall in the centre. Now, this wall was only just crotch high so if you looked down at yourself, as is normal etiquette, you could also see three other pissing cocks. If you looked up you made direct eye contact with the guy across for you. 

I like urinals but I found this well awkward, and it actually made me a bit bladder shy, which I am normally not. 

Might have been different if I'd had a bit more to drink at that point but I decided to take my following pisses on a nearby tree. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Pontepee said:

I went to a local festival a few weeks ago and they had a ring of portaloos, and in the middle of the ring, two porta-urinals. 

Now, I've never seen these before but looking from the top they are circular, with a cross that was the wall of the urinal. So four guys stood in a circle pissing onto the dividing wall in the centre. Now, this wall was only just crotch high so if you looked down at yourself, as is normal etiquette, you could also see three other pissing cocks. If you looked up you made direct eye contact with the guy across for you. 

I like urinals but I found this well awkward, and it actually made me a bit bladder shy, which I am normally not. 

Might have been different if I'd had a bit more to drink at that point but I decided to take my following pisses on a nearby tree. 

I'd opt for the trees too.

On 7/11/2022 at 8:30 AM, checkmate3579 said:

Almost always a urinal if one's available. Prefer open air above all though -- outside, against a tree, bush, lamp post, or just on the ground.  If I'm biking on a trail, there's usually one spot where others pee and I'll go there as its kinkier and sometimes a pair of panties will appear and I enjoy hosing those down.

I love when you have to piss and someone left an article of soiled clothing, such as underpants, or in the case of females, panties. They are always the target of my pee stream. Otherwise, the trees are the target of my piss.

On 7/11/2022 at 10:55 PM, Bladderlad said:

Urinals for me! Love communal pissing, but like others have said against a tree Is also very satisfying! 

I guess I  would agree with the urinal, more ways to point the piss stream... but would rather be pointing my dick towards a tree or a bush.

• Like 2
On 5/18/2022 at 3:16 PM, James_erased said:

My default preference is to use the cubicle/stall, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I like to relax and properly enjoy the release - something more easily achieved in the privacy of a cubicle. Secondly, access to toilet paper to properly dry off with after. Lastly, no risk of back splash from someone using the urinal to the side, if it’s particularly close and without a divider! 😅

The one exception to this, is if on the rare occasion of being in a unisex toilet - where with the potential for women to also be milling around - it becomes a lot more appealing to use the urinals instead! I remember in particular a bar in Bali of which had not only unisex toilets, but ones of which were rather cramped too. Having girls quite literally brushing up against my back whilst I was in full flow into the urinal was quite the experience, I must say! I made sure to guzzle plenty of Bintang beers that evening to be able to take full advantage 🍻

*giggles* Precisely the reason why I love using the urinals.  At the college I went to, they had unisex bathrooms, and I always loved when a girl would watch me pee!! 

• Like 1

I’ve always use the stalls because I’m kind of a shy peeing type so I’ll always just use the stall. Perhaps whenever a public rest room has less activity I’ll try out the urinal.  

Or alternatively if a place I go to offers the outside as a bathroom then I’ll take that as well. Kinda ironic that I won’t really pee at a urinal in a public bathroom yet I don’t mind the idea of pissing outside even though there could be the chance of people encountering me emptying my bladder or peeing with other people who went outside as a method of relieving themselves. 

• Like 2