When nature calls

5 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I went for a bike ride with my daughter today and things didn't quite go as planned. The idea was we would drive to a nice country park, do a 10 mile round trip, stopping in the middle to eat some sandwiches and drive back. The way there went great! We found some nice benches to sit down and enjoy our sandwiches, the weather was beautiful, the birds were singing, it was perfect. We spent a good 45-60 minutes sat together and completely finished our bottles of water. We couldn't find anywhere to refill them, the cafe was closed and there was only an ice cream van but it was no biggie, it was only five-ish miles back to the car. 

The route there seemed kinda long and convoluted so in my infinite wisdom, I thought we could take a different way back and it might be a little quicker. That was a terrible mistake, we ended up getting horrifically lost... horrifically, horrifically lost. The place is more than 20 hectares! We were going round in circles. I couldn't even go back the way we came because I couldn't find the benches. I don't have a smart phone and my daughters was in the car. I went past the same cliff at least twice. I pretty much went mountain biking at one point! 

After a while the water had made its way through me and the urge to pee was getting stronger by the minute. Every time I stopped to look around the desperation came back hard. I mentioned it to my daughter and she said she needed a wee too so we went off the trail, luckily there was plenty of trees for cover, being a nature reserve and all. We propped our bikes up against a tree, pulled down our shorts and squatted next to each other, within seconds the air was filled with the relieving sound of pee hitting dirt. It felt amazing to finally have a wee and I really enjoyed doing it in nature, even more so with company. The place was relatively quiet but I did get a tingle knowing that a walker could possibly stumble across me in a very compromising position! The quiet patter next to me soon faded away but I was still going strong, it definitely seemed like more than a bottle of water was coming out of me. I eventually finished with a few dribbles running off my bum and after a quick shake of our hips we stood up again, pulling up our shorts in unison with smiles on our faces. Looking back I could see two wet patches on the dirt, one slightly bigger than the other. 

It took us an hour to get back to those benches, more by sheer luck than anything else and those 10 miles became 16 miles. We admitted defeat and went back the way we originally came but overall we enjoyed it. I had a full bottle of water when I got home, I was so thirsty! I'm sure I will be nipping to the loo shortly and I'm really looking forward to sitting on the toilet this time. 

Oh! I'm glad you had each other for company - I can imagine either of you getting a bit panicky about being lost. But ... the wee together in the countryside was a bonus you may not have enjoyed otherwise 🙂 

Thank you for telling us about it Sophie - as ever, beautifully described xx

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

You gotta love nature! 

Your day sounded just about perfect, except maybe for the getting lost past. But, even that turned out to be a blessing in disguise when you got to enjoy a well-deserved wee in relative privacy.

And, you weren't the only one who got a tingle from your encounter with nature. It makes me wish I'd gotten out on the trail earlier today.

• Thanks 1

Perfect - well not exactly I guess, but it's got all the important bits.  Family bonding, mother and daughter time, healthy outdoor exercise and pee relief.

Glad you found your way home, otherwise we'd never be reading the tale.   Thanks for sharing xxx

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Perfect - well not exactly I guess, but it's got all the important bits.  Family bonding, mother and daughter time, healthy outdoor exercise and pee relief.

Glad you found your way home, otherwise we'd never be reading the tale.   Thanks for sharing xxx

Sibling bonding via a nighttime beach pee moment

18 hours ago, Kupar said:

I can imagine either of you getting a bit panicky about being lost

If I went past that cliff a third time I'd probably start crying to be honest. I was reaching my limit of "I'm okay, this is fine" 

• Hug 1

Getting lost is never fun.  Been there, done that.  But an important lesson was shared ... when you've got to go, it's ok to take advantage of whatever "facilities" are available.  Even if it's just a tree or bush.  Your daughter will thank you for that someday. 😎

• Agree 2
Just now, Sexismygod said:

Getting lost is never fun.  Been there, done that.  But an important lesson was shared ... when you've got to go, it's ok to take advantage of whatever "facilities" are available.  Even if it's just a tree or bush.  Your daughter will thank you for that someday. 😎

I am so, so glad she isn't pee shy. She greatly prefers porcelain but will go outdoors if necessary. 

• Like 1

Very nice account of your outdoor adventures @Sophie So glad you managed to get back home and it was not a mountain rescue matter. Helicopters, sniffer dogs and the like Lol 🤣

and so glad you both managed to empty your bulging bladders in the wild, wild outdoors x 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, cheekyfe11a said:

Very nice account of your outdoor adventures @Sophie So glad you managed to get back home and it was not a mountain rescue matter. Helicopters, sniffer dogs and the like Lol 🤣

and so glad you both managed to empty your bulging bladders in the wild, wild outdoors x 

It would have been sniffer dogs for sure, helicopters wouldn't be able to see me! I don't know about hers but my bladder was definitely bulging. 

5 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

Bike ride and peeing outdoors. That bit sounds perfect as it's what I enjoy, but not the getting lost bit. Sounds like you had fun though and probably laugh when you look back at it.

Looking back at it we are laughing. Especially when we look on Google and recognise some of the places we were at. We pretty much explored the whole area! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 2