The Babysitter - An illustrated story

In the picture where Ian is yelling at her, Sandy looks as if she were yelling too - in the text she's more excusing herself and explaining. So I'd adapt that image. The style is nice and the other images are in sync with the story: Great job!

BTW: Compared to your ethnic series, I prefer this softer style of drawing and more pastel colours. The more comic-style exagerated features are fitting for the story, even though I'd generally prefer the naturalist style of the ethnic series (I imagine the latter is a lot more work to get right?).

Edited by Alpian
  • Like 1

I'm in awe once again of your talents @Gotah - these illustrations are absolutely perfect in my opinion.  They are right up there with anything you'd find published and I see absolutely nothing that needs to be improved on.

Body style wise, obviously it's your story, your characters and your illustrations.  So your choice of exactly how Sandy and Liza look.   As it happens they're ticking all the boxes for me, would love to meet either of them in real life.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Alpian said:

In the picture where Ian is yelling at her, Sandy looks as if she were yelling too

Sadly I still struggle to get facial expressions right, but I'm working on it. Sandy was supposed to look more sorry rather than angry.

10 hours ago, Alpian said:

(I imagine the latter is a lot more work to get right?).

It's actually the opposite lol - and the reason why is because for the ethnic series I use references so it makes drawing the pose much easier and faster. After that it's just about adding clothes and detail - and color of course. That's not as exhausting as you may think.

For my illustrated stories however I don't use any references, I draw all from imagination and that makes it hard to get proportions, perspective and anatomy right. Because of that I spend most of my time drawing and redrawing poses or body parts until everything looks more or less ok. I'm still not good at it, I still see unproportioned and badly drawn bodies in the illustrations I've done so far lol - but that's the point of these stories, practicing anatomy while drawing something that I and many of you like to see 🙂

• Love 3
  • 1 month later...

Hmmm - Given that Gotah is the author of this (absolutedy awesome) illustrated story, you're suggesting he starts drawing pictures of young children peeing ?

I’m sure you’re not  saying you want to look at illustrations of small children peeing?  I'm guessing you don't when it's put like that.

Site rules permit us to mention underage memories or experiences in a context that they are not sexual, and that is at staff discretion. That is an exception to the under 18 rule, but it's difficult to argue that a fictional story works on that basis too.

If you weren't familiar with that site rule, please check the rules at   

Edited by gldenwetgoose
Maybe my comment was a bit over the top?
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much @Gotah for this second instalment! Just fabulous. Your illustrations of desperation are extraordinary, and your contributions to this fiction thread are unique and wonderful ... as well as being a huge turn-on ❤️

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...