Tips for hunting (mainly in smaller cities)

Firstly, hopefully I am allowed to ask this here and if I'm allowed to, that it's in the right subboard! 

I have never been a pee hunter, although girls peeing in public out of convenience is my biggest turn-on. As most of you know by now, I am very lucky to have a girlfriend who pees outside a lot. Apart from her, the sightings that I have had were all due to be being in the right place at the right time, not because I have been looking for those sightings. I mainly got my sightings from our national holiday which is usually a big street party (but celebrated only once a year obivously, and hasn't been celebrated in 2020 and 2021 due to corona, so not a good general source) and no-facility rest stops along the highway (but I live in a very densly populated area of the country, so there are only big reststops with facilities in my area. Although my best sighting ever was on one of those big rest stops!). Then I have had 3 or 4 sightings around McDonalds during nighttime when just the drive thru is open and the restaurant itself (and therefore the toilets) is closed. But that hardly ever happens, whenever I go to McDonalds at night I usually hang around a bit longer than needed, but even men don't really pee there generally, let alone women. I also had 1 sighting of a drunk girl who openly pissed on the side walk, while her friend that was covering her wasn't taking her job very seriously, but just yelling to everybody walking past DON'T LOOK THIS WAY!!!!!  so naturally everybody watched. But as awesome as that was, it was pure luck and a one time thing. 
Long story short, my sightings were pure luck OR based on events that almost never happen.

I really like hanging in the Pub with my friends, drinking, talking etcetera. We usually drink till closing time which is 4am, so you'd say that that gives a lot of potential. After not having been to the Pub for 2 years due to corona, we are finally planning on a Pub night this weekend. I would really like to start trying my luck with some hunting after the closing time, but I have been reading up on some hunting guides and all of the tips I generally read just aren't applicable to my situation I'm afraid... Short description of my city:

-Considered midsize for our country (around 70k inhabitans)
-No university city, so no students
-No nightclubs, just bars
-Bar area has around 10 different bars, all closing at the same time and all based around 1 square. Immediately outside of this square, resendential areas start and there are even 1 or 2 houses around the square as well
-I would say 80%-85% of people that come drinking are from my city, not much outsiders.
-The outsiders are from the neighbouring cities, so I'd say 80% of patrons come by bicycle (as also to the neighbours you'd be cycling maximum of 30 minutes) and the other 20% lives in the resendential areas immediately surrounding the bar area so only have to walk for 2 minutes.
-There's a night bus to the neighbouring cities as well

So basically all tips I have read are not applicable to me. Biggest tip I read is to hang around a parking lot of a nightclub, as usually you have to walk for a few minutes and the cold might hit the ladies' bladders so they squat between the cars. But we don't have a nightclub (even though the bars are open till 4am), no big parking lots away from the bar area where people might park and nobody comes by car anyway. There's bicycle parking available on the square, so it's literally less than a minute walk from the pubs to people's mode of transport. Also the stop of the night bus is right next to the square, so again just a 1 minute walk away.

Do people feel like there is potential for sightings in my city? I have been thinking about 2 things: the nightbus I mentioned starts in the big, university city (700k inhabitants) of our area and it takes around 45 minutes for it to reach my city. Would it be a good idea to hang around the train stations of our city? What I did when I was still in uni, was bicycle to the train station in my city, take the train when it was still running (which was just 10 minutes) to the big city, party there, take the night bus back (train obviously doesn't run during the night anymore) and pick up the bike from the station. I peed in the bicycle parking a couple of times because I'd been drinking beer and was in the bus for 45 minutes, but I also found that at the stations there's not a lot of people getting off the bus though. And the station isn't that big anyway..

Second thing is, plan some night out in the big city, but when I was still in uni and partied in the big city a lot, I didn't really get any sightings there to be honest. It sometimes seemed to me that the city was too big, everything was still open at 5am and there was light everywhere, so not much place to hide. Also, people don't tend to use the car here as they want to drink alcohol, so they'd use public transport which actually has a pretty good coverage during the night in my area. And unfortunately in the big city, the starting point of the night buses is the Central Station, which has a 24/7, very clean toilet available.. Also, the bus will stop on various stops across the city, so even though the nightclubs are pretty scattered around, you'd be no farther than 5-10 minutes walk from one of the stops.
Also, I don't really like partying anymore, I like hanging at the bar and being able to talk with my friends over the music. And to be fair, I value a good night out with my friends way way more than a sighting, so I don't really hang out in the big city anymore😅 

Sorry guys for the very, very long story, but any tips for hunting in a city like mine would be very appreciated!

• Like 1

I'd say that "being in the right place at the right time" as you put it is your best bet in a place like that. It's not that there wouldn't be outdoor peeing going on in such a city--I used to go to bars with friends (all guys) in a town with about one-tenth the population of this city and they regularly peed outside, anywhere from parks to store parking lots, though they were also of the type that would also walk around to buy drinks at liquor stores before/after going to the bar. It's just that the "action" is likely to be very spread out.

Since all the bars are within a small distance of each other, it's not as though there are likely to be a lot of drinkers walking all night around a large downtown area, they are likely to only congregate around that one block and otherwise go their separate ways. Those on bicycles can literally stop anywhere along their route from the bar square to their destinations for a quick pee, and will have many places to do so that are less likely to bother someone than right along the main square. Those who have just a two-minute walk home are unlikely to need to stop along the way for a pee at all. That leaves people waiting for a bus as the only ones with much likelihood of having to go within a small, predictable area.

Demographics also has something to do with it--if it's a city where mostly families live and/or the people at the bars are largely guys going out with their work buddies at the end of the work day, I suspect there would be significantly less outdoor peeing than in a city with a large "young party crowd" who are just trying to get drunk and don't care so much if they make a fool of themselves.

• Agree 1

It sounds like a very small European town I spend a lot of time in, although in my case without the bicycles so I think probably a different country.

The factors which I had concluded work against sightings are the fact that most people live very close to the place they're drinking, and possibly in many people's case a difference in drinking culture.  The two factors alone meaning that people will be more inhibited (at least in a public peeing context) when there is the risk of being in their own neighbourhood.

The two glimmers of hope I can offer are to ask if you have any annual carnivals or celebrations -where people would gather away from their immediate location and may well be there for extended periods of time drinking?   And in the case of the town I'm referring to, there is a local beauty spot a few km out of town with a picnic area and parking.  On a weekend or public holiday many families will spend the whole day there having barbecues and the like.  The trees around the back of the car park are littered with tissues.

• Like 2

Hi there!

It certainly does not sound like you have the best town for sightings, but you never know. They are often there to be had. I would not overlook the 4am bar closing element. The problem with the 4am closing is that not enough people make it that late and so by the time the bars empty out and actually close, there just is not a ton of volume on the streets. And for the most part, open bars mean open bathrooms. So you may want to consider checking out a nearby area where last call is 1 or 2 am.

The other thing is patience. For all of the sightings posted on this site there are hours and hours of dead time spent just waiting it out, often for sightings that don't come. So be patient. And the more time you spend looking and observing behavior, the better you will get at it.  Some of my favorite sightings are the ones I have gotten just by being very observant.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Also do you have the details of your big rest stop sighting and/or has it been posted on the site already?

• Agree 1

Nice posts, thanks all! 

@Carb0nBased you are very right I think. When I cycle home, I always stop halfway through to pee. I have to cycle adjecent to water where there's not much houses so I usually pee under a viaduct against the pillars. Probably a lot of people pee like that, on their way home.

To answer your question about the city, the people going out are of all sorts and shapes. As much guys as girls. I started with my first steps in the Pubs when I was 14-15 as a lot of people here and there's not really a maximum age. So there's no general demographic trend I would say. 

@gldenwetgoose it's definately in Europe and given the amount of bicycles you can probably also guess which exact country 😉

To answer your question, we have a national holiday which is a huge party. Back when I was a party animal I used to go to our capital, which had a lot of freely accessible festivals and concerts on the day. I used to see tons of girls peeing there. Now I'm growing older I'm not a party animal anymore and stay in my hometown. It's AL centered around the square, where they usually set up a big stage for concerts and the pubs generally set up a bar outside of their doors, so the party is mainly in the street. But you can walk into the pubs very easily to use the restroom and there generally aren't much more queues than on a regular Saturday night. 

In summertime, we also have a festival going on the whole summer (just on weekends) in a park just outside of the city center. But the whole park is then designated as a festival terrain with loads of Portapotties etc which everybody uses as they are kept in great condition. There's no camping area or anything as it's a way to small festival for that. 

@Kupar lol, yes, can't complain! But to take the taxi from that bar area to my house (5 minute ride) would cost 25 euros so the public transport HAS to be good..

@The99Club I might consider hunting around 1! But to be fair, lots of people stay till 4 here (it's just the usual closing time pretty much everywhere in the country, so people are very used to it) and it does give the advantage of a lot of people on the street at once instead of people one by one going home.

I haven't written that sighting on here I think. I am more than happy to share, but can somebody confirm if it's okay if I do so in this topic? 

@JDG, I mostly agree with what others have already written. It does sound very much like 

In trying to give you some options, I've picked up on the fact that you mention a lot of people travel to the area on bikes.  Are there common routes that they take away from the area?   Might be worth trying to work out these routes and then going along them to find places that look like likely candidates for peeing - bushy areas, a group of bins, quiet alleys etc.   One option would be to walk the route in the early morning and see if you can spot wet patches.   You can be sure that people are creatures of habit and if they regularly use the same route, they will probably regularly use the same pee spots - as you yourself have said that you have done with the viaduct.    If you can find such places that are popular then you could wait around and see what materialises.   Unfortunately, as @The99Club says, if you want to play the hunting game, then you do have to wait around and be patient.  I have had some nights where I see countless sightings without even trying, but then other times I can be hanging around for hours with little in the way of results.

The other option, as you mention is to consider people getting off night buses after travelling back from the big city.   But it sounds like most of the party people are based in the larger city already, so there may not be that many that get off at your place.    Another option is to go further afield from the big city - so consider stops along the bus route - the further people travel, the more likely they are to be desperate when they get off.  You would be looking for a place where there is a reasonable residential population, so more people likely to go into the city and also where there are no facilities near the bus stops.    It is a bit of a long shot, but might be worth considering.

The locals probably won't be much help to you as they don't have to travel far from the bars.   So your only options are going to be people travelling away from the bars on bikes or people arriving back into the area on the bus.

One other consideration - do you ever have queues to get in places?   That is usually a good source of sightings as people are desperate in the queues and have to leave the queue to pee.  It sounds like you have an area with easy access to bars though, so I'm guessing you don't get queues so much.

If I'm honest, it sounds like your infrastructure is "too good".   Toilets that stay open all night and are clean, bars that have easy access and toilets, a good public transport arrangement all conspire against you.   There will be sightings to be had, but you will have to spend time working it out I'm afraid.

@Alfresco it might be a good idea to find out about the bicycle routes! There are multiple I guess, the one towards the neighborhood where I live unfortunately goes through a nature area. I say unfortunately, because it's quite dark and not accessible by car. If I could sit in my car it would be okay, but hanging around in the dark in an area where nothing is there seems suspicious and I wouldn't feel safe myself I guess.. But finding out the main routes to other neighborhoods sounds good! 

Checking out other bus stops might also be a good idea. Especially in other, further away towns as you say. I think there are some less populated towns farther away from the big city, with more places to hide for a pee. But on the other hand, those towns are serves by another bus line which immediately hits the highway after leaving the big city and therefore it takes less time than the bus to my much closer home town, because that line goes through the inner city only..

Queues are non-existent here I must say. Even though most Pubs are quite packed on Saturday night, there aren't any bouncers at all, so you can freely leave and enter. 

• Like 1

One other thought, which is general and not specific to this situation. One way to get better at hunting for sightings is to always be working even if it's not in a hunting/sighting environment. In other words, observe women's body language and habits and see if you can tell when they have to pee and/or are headed to the bathroom. If you're out in public somewhere near a ladies room, check out the next 10 women that approach and see if you can figure out of they're going in or just passing by. In a restaurant a woman may start looking around and/or getting quieter because she is looking for the bathroom or figuring out her exit strategy from the table.

These are small things that won't really lead to sightings but you might be surprised how much they will help. So many sightings are achieved by observing subtle body language rather than waiting for something blatant to jump out at you.