What happened to Mr Fox?

That's extremely charitable of them - full on kudos there.   I guess @Admin will be in touch in the future to discuss how you wish to proceed when it comes to renewal / next payment being due.

But yes, after their fairly brief time getting to know us all, MrFox requested to have their account closed.  That was about two-and-a-half weeks ago now.

• Like 1

@WetNightmare He chatted with me in personal chat and it was very clear that he wanted the site to be all about chatting rather than forums.  I tried to explain the virtues of the forum format with ability to reach more people and the ability to message people even when they weren't online.   We had a long chat which I think was more in line with the type of thing he was looking to find, but he didn't see the attraction as he wanted to have people respond to him instantly.  As our chat wasn't busy enough for him, he ultimately decided this wasn't the place for him.

Shame really because the things we discussed in chat were quite enjoyable and insightful.   I get his point that the kind of chat we were having works best when it is interactive and immediate, but the disadvantage is that if you want to continue that chat at a later point, you have to be lucky and find the person online at the same time as you.  I tried saying that in those cases, the direct messaging option was quite handy, but it simply wasn't what he wanted. 

I think he requested closure of his account prematurely really though because we were mid chat when the account got cancelled and he disappeared.  He then created another account just to let me know what happened and invited me to another chat room to finish what we had started.  I've not had any further correspondence with him though.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 5:15 PM, Alfresco said:

@WetNightmare He chatted with me in personal chat and it was very clear that he wanted the site to be all about chatting rather than forums.  I tried to explain the virtues of the forum format with ability to reach more people and the ability to message people even when they weren't online.   We had a long chat which I think was more in line with the type of thing he was looking to find, but he didn't see the attraction as he wanted to have people respond to him instantly.  As our chat wasn't busy enough for him, he ultimately decided this wasn't the place for him.

Shame really because the things we discussed in chat were quite enjoyable and insightful.   I get his point that the kind of chat we were having works best when it is interactive and immediate, but the disadvantage is that if you want to continue that chat at a later point, you have to be lucky and find the person online at the same time as you.  I tried saying that in those cases, the direct messaging option was quite handy, but it simply wasn't what he wanted. 

I think he requested closure of his account prematurely really though because we were mid chat when the account got cancelled and he disappeared.  He then created another account just to let me know what happened and invited me to another chat room to finish what we had started.  I've not had any further correspondence with him though.

I went to that chat room just now.