Pee mindfulness

Kupar

Oh - and if you're curious, here are a couple of links. I don't think the second one understands where I'm coming from on this 😉. The perspectives in the first one are interesting though:

https://www.mindful.org/to-pee-or-not-to-pee-mindful-weighs-in-on-flow/

https://www.everydayhealth.com/incontinence/can-mindfulness-help-treat-overactive-bladder/

22 minutes ago, mickymoist said:

That is interesting I definitely a few of the people in the first one have just peed but are being a little coy about it 😀

That's exactly what I thought. Some were very careful with their words 🙂 

I made a comment about this recently. I notice that when I am doing a naughty pee or turned on pee or having some fun, I really notice the feeling of the person flowing through my urethra and coming out, and if I’m setting I feel the sensations of the warmth and wetness and where it goes and really feel and experience it all. Just the sensations can turn me on and I really enjoy it. 
However when I’m just going to the toilet without thinking, even when I’m bursting, I just go and it’s just a process I go through without thinking. Occasionally I do get that feeling of relief of going if it’s been a while but it’s just a passing thought and soon gone. 
it did make me think about how being more present in the moment and actually turning off and feeling things more can make it more enjoyable but also makes you stop and be present. No rushing around thinking about the last of future, just be present in the moment. I expect it’s a much happier existence to be honest. 

• Love 2
  • Hot 1

I've been a follower of mindfulness since my late teens. Although, I'm not sure how well I practice it or how consistently. And, yes, I'll sometimes bring it into when I pee. Peeing in the moment, you could say. 😉

I find it easiest to do when I'm out and about in nature, taking in the all sights, the sounds, the smells around me. My senses heightened, I enjoy a most pleasant release. Stream of consciousness takes on a whole new meaning. 

Edited by glad1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, glad1 said:

I've been a follower of mindfulness since my late teens. Although, I'm not sure how well I practice it or how consistently. And, yes, I'll sometimes bring it into when I pee. Peeing in the moment, you could say. 😉

I find it easiest to do when I'm out and about in nature, taking in the all sights, the sounds, the smells around me. My senses heightened, I enjoy a most pleasant release. Stream of consciousness takes on a whole new meaning. 

I definitely feel that I need to try that.   I certainly enjoy peeing outside and being at one with nature, but I've not really been significantly mindful about it, so about time I tried it.  I have practiced a certain amount of mindfulness generally, although not always that regularly.   And to answer the question in the video, I've never felt the need to get up and pee part way through meditation - mainly because my meditation is fairly short.   I did once do a meditation course which involved going to a session with five other people once a week.  It was about half an hour drive from me, so I always drove there and then peed in the car park before going in which meant that I was fine to last the time of the course.   There were a couple of times where one of the ladies left the meditation and went to the toilet during the session.   At those points I meditated on the faint tinkling and hissing I could hear through the door to the single occupancy toilet.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, toseepee said:

Pee in the moment. Remember, pee here now

OK. I will... but just into the toilet ... 

... and very satisfying it was. I closed my eyes and focused on the feeling just as I was about to start - then used my pelvic floor muscles to prevent the flow from starting, then relaxed and repeated a few times, noticing the feelings of desire buildings and the relief, then the sound of splashing into the water. It wasn't a long wee, but thinking about it made the experience better than 'just doing it'

• Like 1