Male circumcision vs FGM

I just want to know everyone's general opinion on this. Apologies in advance if anyone gets offended/triggered by what I'm about to say...

Now obviously I fully support the outright banning of FGM. Its draconian, barbaric, and outright pointless. I just think it's strange how the western world doesn't recoil with shock, disgust, horror and anger in the same way when it comes to newly-born boys getting their genitals mutilated with a vicious, razorblade-laden, miniature guillotine-esque device... Especially when said boy isn't able to verbalise his objection to the whole ordeal or understand what's happening.

Now don't get me wrong here, I wouldn't dare compare the two practices and fully understand that FGM is much much worse. It doesn't provide any tangible benefits and the negative consequences to a woman losing her clitoris and having her labia sewn up are unspeakable, however I do feel that a person, male or female, should have the right to choose what happens to their own body, and parents who force their newborn sons to go through circumcision before they can even express their levels of anxiety, voice their concerns, give consent or understand their surroundings are depriving them of such a right.

Edited by PissOnMyParade
  • Agree 3
  • 1 year later...

I am uncircumcised and believe it should be a crime to mutilate young boys without their consent.  I'm very happy with my foreskin and take pride in being the poster boy for daily cleaning which is absolutely necessary if uncut.  I can retract my foreskin to look as if I'm cut if I choose, but I can go back to covering the glans with my foreskin at any time to protect its rich purple color and high sensitivity.   Masturbation is so much easier with a foreskin also.  No need for lotion, ever!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 11/1/2023 at 10:27 PM, awkwood said:

I am uncircumcised and believe it should be a crime to mutilate young boys without their consent.  I'm very happy with my foreskin and take pride in being the poster boy for daily cleaning which is absolutely necessary if uncut.  I can retract my foreskin to look as if I'm cut if I choose, but I can go back to covering the glans with my foreskin at any time to protect its rich purple color and high sensitivity.   Masturbation is so much easier with a foreskin also.  No need for lotion, ever!

Circumcised here.  I agree with your post, and as regards cleaning, I think that any excuse to spend time with your cock is a good one!

• Like 1
On 11/1/2023 at 10:27 PM, awkwood said:

I never thought about it before but I guess it makes sense. I am a circumcised male and I believe I have greatly reduced sensitivity in my glans. I can still achieve orgasms but they are short and not very strong, and I have wondered if that may be part of it.

• Like 2

I was intact until my late 30's  and then was  circumcised (on medical advice) as an adult due to a sclerotic skin condition.

Having experienced both options,   I can say that intact feels much better.   Also, the circumcision did not cure the sclerosis.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I tend to be weary of reducing male circumcision to female "circumcision" when it comes to arguments against it, since the scope of the procedure is just so different in most cases. However, morally I am still very much against male circumcision without informed consent and/or medical complications. I know a lot of people tend to bring up issues of sensitivity loss etc. which is something I cannot really speak to and I have heard conflicting info about, but just in general I am against irreversible cosmetic surgery done on children, whatever it is, without present medical reasons. But if someone decides to have it done in adulthood purely as a body-mod thing, I'll just tell them to consider the pros and cons properly and if they still want to have it done I have no objections. It's their bits not mine lol.

Edited by avatar