If you could live life over again, what would you do?

1badboy

I hesitate to write this but I think I will write it now.  I am not remotely close to being a guy who's figured everything out, and problems in my relationship with my wife have forced me to evaluate what I do wrong as a man.  I am not going to try to be progressive, or view women and men as the same.  I am just going to be honest.

People always say that women go for the "bad boys" and I think that is basically true -- but not because they are bad.  When I went to University there was a welcome week for the freshmen, before classes started.  One of the girls in our group was in a total 'funk' before the party at the end.  At the party a couple of fat drunk fraternity guys showed up.  They were trying to break bottles over their own heads, and really kind of hurting themselves.  Wow did she like those guys!  She immediately came alive and became very talkative drinking and doing shots with those guys in the kitchen.  I didn't understand it then but I think I understand it more now.

What women like are 'assertive' men.  Men who 'take charge'.  Men who do all of the leg work and preparation so she can come along for the ride.  Almost like a 'father' figure.  The 'bad boys' are going to show her something new, and they are going to do work.  They are not going to ask her if she wants to go to a certain club, or restaurant -- they are going to take her there.  They are not asking her what she wants to do (That would be putting the effort onto her) they tell her what they are going to do.

You don't say "Would you like to eat at (The super expensive) restaurant?".   And she says, " Oh no, it's too expensive..."  Instead you say, "I've made reservations for Friday night.  Dress up!" And you take her to that restaurant and surprise her.

If you're not like this you need to become more like this -- as a man.  This advice is geared towards men.  I am not generally this way.  And several of the women I dated were lesbians.  Yes some lesbians go for men too.  And after I broke up with them they went back to their girlfriends.  These were assertive lesbians.  They planned most of the dates,