Hot Tub Pee Etiquette

I've not been in a hot tub many times and when I have it's been with my family and we have all peed in the toilet before we got in. Wouldn't it get smelly if multiple people peed in it? It's chlorinated but there's a lot less water than in a swimming pool so it'll be more concentrated I'd have thought? 

9 hours ago, ukpeegirl86 said:

I think for me I’d just pee in the water and say nothing, but at a party with a hot tub I attended a while back people went into the house to pee until the drinks had been flowing at which point one of the guys peed up the side of the garage.

In the general froth, bubbles, chit-chat and fun, who's going to notice a discreet pee?  I've peed in hotel hot tubs with complete strangers, but that's easy because strangers do their best to not notice each other in these situations (or maybe that's just me .. lol 😀).  I have no qualms peeing quietly in the tub during a party and have done so on a couple of occasions.

Just don't unleash a flood of dark yellow fluid ... hydrate and be cool, kids 😎

Edited by Sexismygod
  • Agree 4
44 minutes ago, Sexismygod said:

I've peed in hotel hot tubs with complete strangers, but that's easy because strangers do their best to not notice each other in these situations (or maybe that's just me .. lol 😀).  😎

Me, discreetly looking out for signs of anyone peeing: yes, I’m not noticing strangers at all 😉

• Haha 1
On 10/28/2021 at 7:55 AM, wannawatchuwiggle said:

Wait..what? There are "rules" ?? 

😜

Exactly. I’ve always just peed in my bathing shorts. Rules were never discussed. I assume others think you will get out and pee in the bathroom. WRONG! 😆

23 minutes ago, Peevert said:

Exactly. I’ve always just peed in my bathing shorts. Rules were never discussed. I assume others think you will get out and pee in the bathroom. WRONG! 😆

I’m going to look really odd when I remind people there’s a rule of peeing in a toilet and not the hot tub when people come over 🤣

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Peewee123 said:

I’m going to look really odd when I remind people there’s a rule of peeing in a toilet and not the hot tub when people come over 🤣

Not at all.  Everybody says that.  And then pees their pants in the hot tub. :D  

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1
12 minutes ago, Alfresco said:

I haven't had any experience of hot tub parties as such, but have plenty of experience of hot tubs.

In public hot tubs, if other people are in there, both myself and my wife pee without question or announcement - just letting it go whenever the need arises.   Normally people aren't in public hot tubs that long, so there isn't really a case of people questioning the fact that you stay there a long time without getting out for a pee.   We have both peed in hot tubs in hotels, gyms, health clubs and on cruise ships.

In public hot tubs if we are alone, we still pee in the water, but we tell each other that we are going and I usually put my hand over my wife's crotch whilst she pees.   Interestingly, because the water is so hot, the pee actually feels cold.

As for etiquette by other people, well, difficult to tell in a public hot tub as you just don't know what others are doing and again most people aren't in there that long that you would say they must have needed to pee during the time.   However, I would say that there is a good chance that if people need to pee, they just let it go.   That would be especially the case on holiday when they are probably drinking plenty and they get in a hot tub and the water makes you want to pee and then well, people most likely just let it go.

Then, you have the ones who get into the hot tub just to pee.   I've seen this at least twice for sure and probably other times.   The most obvious were two separate events on two separate cruise ships.   In the first case, I had been sat on a sun lounger on the pool deck.   There were plenty of people around including two ladies in their thirties who were sat nearby on sun loungers, drinking cocktails and reading their books.  They had been there quite some time.  I went into the hot tub - partly because I wanted to go in the hot tub and partly because I needed a pee and the nearest toilets were a bit of a distance away.  I joined 5 other people (3 ladies and 2 men) in the hot tub and was enjoying the bubbles as well as having emptied my bladder.   About five minutes later, these two ladies got up from their lounger, climbed the steps to the edge of the hot tub, entered the water.  The tub wasn't that big, so we moved along a little to give them space to sit and one of them sat to my left so she was between me and the steps.  The other sat on the other side of the steps.   They stayed there no more than a minute and then they stood up and left.   I couldn't help but think that the only reason for being there for such a short time was to empty their bladders.   The girl on the other side of the steps climbed out first and as the girl nearest me was stood waiting for her to ascend, I asked her "Do you feel better now?" and she said "I sure do" and both of them giggled.  

The other obvious one was when we went on a cruise to Iceland.   It was much colder and far fewer people were sunbathing.   On the aft deck, there were some loungers and also a hot tub.  My wife and I had been in the hot tub and there were two young ladies - probably about 25 who came down from the bar on the deck immediately above.  They had long drinks with them and they were wearing skimpy bikinis with G-string bottoms.   I couldn't help watch them go by and my wife noticed and commented about there arses being on show.  I acknowledged and said I wasn't complaining.   Anyway, they went and lay on the loungers and drank their drinks.   After a while, we got out of the hot tub (and yes, we both peed whilst we were there), put on our robes and went up the stairs to the bar area.  We got drinks and sat at a table enjoying the quiet aft deck of the ship.   A bit later, one of the girls came up the steps and got more drinks from the bar, returning to her friend.   They drank those drinks as well, then shortly got up and went into the hot tub.   They stayed in there for just a few minutes and then went back to the loungers.   I guess that they thought that it was quiet enough that nobody would realise that they only went in long enough to pee and they didn't want to go inside the ship to to the toilets which would mean they would either have to go one at a time or they would have to take their stuff with them.

Finally, I will say that we have a hot tub at home and I can confirm that peeing in the water does mess with the chemistry so I have generally tried to avoid peeing in the water.  The tub is in a wooden building.  I have peed in the water sometimes, but more often than not I will wait until I've finished my time in there and then I either sit on the steps of the building and pee onto the grass or I open the side window and pee out of the window onto the side of the adjacent shed.  My wife doesn't seem to be able to help herself and as soon as she gets in the water she says "Oops I did a wee again".   Then if she needs to pee whilst we are in there, she just pees and tells me she is doing so.  I have told her that if she is going to insist on peeing in the hot tub then she should at least let me enjoy it, so sometimes she puts my hand between her legs and on one occasion she actually sat up on the side and opened her legs and peed straight into the water.   Sometimes if she does manage to hold her pee whilst we are in the tub, she will release it as soon as she gets out.  She will stand on the floor of the wooden building with her legs apart and just pee straight down onto the floor.   The floor is made of deck boards and the pee splashes between her feet and onto her feet, then some falls between the boards and some runs along the boards.   We just leave it there and we've never had an issue with smell or anything.  

As to the question of whether people wear swim gear in hot tubs - in public hot tubs I have always worn swim shorts and my wife wears a one piece, but if nobody else is around and the jets are on then I often lower my shorts and I've been known to push the crotch of my wife's suit to one side.   In our own hot tub, it varies.  If I'm on my own then I rarely where shorts - just another thing to have to get dry and also I find that they fill up with air from the bubbles.   If I'm with my wife then if it is dark we will usually go in naked.  If it is light then we usually go in with swim kit on, but quite often it ends up coming off part way through as long as we can't detect any neighbours in the adjacent gardens.  

Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun in your tub!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

As much as I love to let freedom reign and piss where you like, as a hot tub owner myself I would prefer people did not. Merely comes down to water chemistry and trying to keep everything balanced. Having a few people in a hot tub over a night is already going to throw water chemistry out of whack as it is.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Wanted to comment here again. I was in the hot tub tonight with a friend who shares some enjoyment for this. Knowing my personal feeling about the tub, she sat over the edge to pee outside. It was very sexy and I enjoyed watching quite a bit. Likewise, I stood up and pissed outside the tub, she enjoyed the angle there as well. Good times to be had not peeing in the tub, while in it.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • 4 months later...

I have an update! I have a good female friend, "K" (I am male). We used to work together, and she was kind of my "work wife." We've been close friends for about 10 years, so no topic is off limits. We often talk about sex, and once in a while talk about peeing. K is very attractive - 40, fit, with blonde hair. 

K and her family (husband, two kids) recently moved to a farmhouse in the country, and have been fixing it up. They installed a big new hot tub out behind the main garage / out-building. The location of the hot tub is a bit of a walk from the house, where the closest bathroom is. When she first sent me a photo of the new hot tub, and I noted its location, I asked her "What will you do if you have to pee, isn't that kind of far from the house?"

She hadn't really thought about it, but said, "Oh, I don't know, good question. I guess if it's just me and [husband] I'll probably just go over the edge. If it's with company, I'll probably get out and go around the other side of the garage, or maybe walk to the house. I guess it would depend who I was with, and how cold it was outside!"

I didn't want to dwell too much on it, and creep her out by asking too many follow-up questions, but the possibilities got me excited to think about. 

In past conversations, she has admitted to peeing in hot tubs before, so I suppose that might be on the table as well, although she didn't mention it this time. 

• Like 3

I have a hot tub but usually get out and piss through swimming trunks beside it... can't go nude as I live with family... however there is a motel I love in a small city called Tauranga on the East Coast of the North Island of NZ which has private hot tubs out the back of every unit... fully fenced in so I can comfortably go nude and just piss where ever I want... either in or out of the tub. It is cleaned out every day by the cleaners so I suspect they are pretty used to guests pissing, masturbating or fucking in them.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

For our personal hot tub, my wife gets out of the tub and pees on the grass.  We tub naked so I get to enjoy the show as she spreads he legs and pees in front of me.  I will just stand and pee over the edge onto the grass giving her a show as well. 

When we visit our friends hot tub, the girls go inside to use the toilet but the guys just get out and pee around the corner of the house.  I used to tub with a bunch of teammates after hockey and with lots of beer flowing, we would all just stand and pee onto the snow beside the tub. 

The main reason for not peeing in the tub is the impact on the water chemistry.  This is also one of the key motivators for tubbing nude as it keeps laundry soap residue out of the tub.  We have made a few exceptions when we have peed on each other prior to entering the tub.

• Love 1

"Interestingly, because the water is so hot, the pee actually feels cold."

I absolutely need to do this with someone...for science...

My friend, her ex and I once hotubbed together. Her ex had sprayed the wall prior to going in, but she suggested he could go inside the hot tub next time. She pees in it all the time, regardless of impact on the water chemistry, claiming it as her personal bathroom.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, GSBOY69 said:

For our personal hot tub, my wife gets out of the tub and pees on the grass.  We tub naked so I get to enjoy the show as she spreads he legs and pees in front of me.  I will just stand and pee over the edge onto the grass giving her a show as well. 

When we visit our friends hot tub, the girls go inside to use the toilet but the guys just get out and pee around the corner of the house.  I used to tub with a bunch of teammates after hockey and with lots of beer flowing, we would all just stand and pee onto the snow beside the tub. 

The main reason for not peeing in the tub is the impact on the water chemistry.  This is also one of the key motivators for tubbing nude as it keeps laundry soap residue out of the tub.  We have made a few exceptions when we have peed on each other prior to entering the tub.

I will keep that in mind if I ever buy a house with a hot tub (I will never afford a house)

10 hours ago, Bacardi said:

Feels like that in the shower too. Although my husband tells me I like my showers so hot he doesn't like to shower with me often 🤣 but I often like to stick my fingers between my legs and feel the temp difference. Like the cool pee running through my fingers while the water is extra hot. It's really neat.

Quick, lets meet in a hot tub and drink lots of water on the way!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ms. Tito said:

I will keep that in mind if I ever buy a house with a hot tub (I will never afford a house)

You can get portable, inflatable hot tubs which cost quite a lot less* than a house does

* understatement go brrr

8 hours ago, oliver2 said:

You can get portable, inflatable hot tubs which cost quite a lot less...

This is what I have - a "Saluspa." It's ok, all in all. Not terrible, not great. It's on the small side, really only two adults fit in it. My wife doesn't like how the whole tub moves around with any body movement - not like how a "rigid" tub is. It gives her the feeling of motion sickness, which is one of the reasons why we never seem to stay in it very long. 

Since the tub has "give" to it, it's not firm enough to sit on the edge. So it would be difficult for her to sit over the edge to pee, even if she wanted to. 

We're thinking about upgrading to a "real" hot tub.

• 2 weeks later...