Question about observation of women's pee streams.

On 10/24/2021 at 8:38 PM, Dr.P said:

I believe that natural exit angles strongly affect women's preferred peeing styles (sitting, squatting, standing, legs apart, or together, when using toilets, urinals, or neither.) So if one exit angle is a very common characteristic of a certain female population, like that of Japan, it might be expected to affect toilet and/or urinal designs for that population, if the designers are aware of it. Since I believe most of the designers still are men, even in today's world, they may not be aware of exit angles, and their consequences for female users.

In addition to definite forward and downward pee-ers, I think there are a substantial number of women whose streams exit at intermediate angles from their bodies, putting them somewhere "mid-angle," between forward and downward pee-ers, and possibly confused about how to deal with certain peeing situations, or toilet or urinal designs. I don't know the statistics of their numbers in various populations, but we certainly don't want to neglect them. At least one of my closest gf's was among them, and I see countless examples, online.

Have you met a woman who prefers urinals? 

@yellowii, No, I never have. The closest to preference was a platonic woman friend, in the bars of L.A., who said that she could tolerate them, in response to complaints about them from other women. She bragged, "You just straddle that sucker, and let fly!"

My wife is definitely a downward pee’er.  In typical uk toilets the bowl only has water in the small area at the base and 70% of the time she hits the water without leaning forward.  However, if she is really desperate then it tends to hit the porcelain first and then as the initial pressure drops it falls back into the water.  When I have seen her pee outside in any type of squat position then it falls straight down.  If she has a high squat and bends forward then it can even go slightly backwards.

There have been a couple of exceptions.  If she sits on the edge of a low step and has her knees raised then that tilts her anatomy and the pee comes out on a 45 degree angle and misses the step rather than running down the front of it.

Also, once (and only once) she was very drunk and slumped onto the toilet leaning back against the cistern with her legs spread wide.  She let out a high pressure stream which at first hit the seat and went beyond, but then as pressure dropped it fell short of the seat but was still just below it.” And some went through the gap under the seat. However, she was basically almost laid back so the angles of her body were such that even though it came out at what would normally be straight down, it was firing forward due to the pelvis being tipped right back.   She didn’t realise whilst she was peeing but was mortified when she was done.   She also asked why I hadn’t stopped her but I said I was enjoying it too much and she was too drunk to try and control it anyway. 

• Love 2
  • Hot 1
On 11/5/2021 at 1:02 AM, ukpeegirl86 said:

. . . . .When I stand however, my stream is very much straight downwards, much to my frustration and despite my efforts. When I’ve squatted outside or on the floor, my stream begins forming a puddle well clear of my feet ahead of me. As I reach the end of my piss the stream will tail off and my puddle will form underneath me for the last few seconds. For this reason I find that when I squat outdoors or on the floor, I make quite q big puddle if I release freely.

Thanks for sharing.  It is very interesting that you are a forward pee'er when sitting or squating, but not when standing.  Any idea why standing is so much different for you?  My guess is that it is being deflected downwards only when standing.

BTW, Everybody should be able to release freely. 🙂

Edited by DoctorDoctor
  • Agree 1

@ukpeegirl86, You're a girl for my most erotic dreams! Thanks for sharing your most intimate information.

I had one g.f., long ago, who peed in similar forward directions, when sitting or squatting, but not as high as you describe, for yourself. She Liked to spread her thighs as far open as possible, when sitting on the toilet, rather than keeping them together, as you do. I asked her if she spread her legs to keep them dry. She answered that her legs rarely got wet, when she sat. Spreading her legs just felt good to her. I was able to verify that, when I watched her pee, many times, over a relationship lasting more than 3 years. When standing, her stream made an angle of  about 45 degrees to the vertical, so it landed a foot or so in front of her feet, rather than straight down, between her feet, as you describe, for yourself.

Interesting to read that your thighs get wet, when you keep them closed, sitting down on the toilet, unless you lean forward. I have always thought that would happen to true forward pee'ers, but have rarely been able to verify it. Thanks again, for sharing! Hope to see more from you.

I see there is a picture topic of women "Peeing from behind", but it actually it looks like downward peeing women who direct their streams downward or rearward when outdoors.  Is peeing to the rear a method of the downward pee'ers when outdoors and a woman who pees forward, tends to choose a posture that helps send her stream forward, those squatting and peeing to the front is chosen by naturally forward pee'ers.

• Agree 1

I really don't understand what you're asking there @DoctorDoctor - the thread of Peeing from behind is very, very simple. It is just a set of photos where the subject is facing away from the photographer.  Nothing more, nothing less.  In other words photos of women with their backs to the camera.

All this philosophising about women doing this or that...   We've heard from ladies who will lean forwards a little on the toilet to direct their streams down a little - but otherwise I wonder if anyone actually cares.  Certainly the vast majority of us just enjoy ladies' pee for what it is - a magical release in whatever form it takes.

gldnwetgoose wrote: 11/7/21 1:10 p.m.

"I really don't understand what you're asking there @DoctorDoctor - the thread of Peeing from behind is very, very simple. It is just a set of photos where the subject is facing away from the photographer.  Nothing more, nothing less.  In other words photos of women with their backs to the camera."

I understand, and totally agree with you on this.

"All this philosophising about women doing this or that...   We've heard from ladies who will lean forwards a little on the toilet to direct their streams down a little - but otherwise I wonder if anyone actually cares.  Certainly the vast majority of us just enjoy ladies' pee for what it is - a magical release in whatever form it takes."

Here, I take a very different point of view. To me, the numerous small details add to the intimacy of the peeing situation, whether it is observed in a photo or video, or personally, in real life. That makes it much more real, and tangible, to me, and it gives me some insights into a lady's personality. And I think those same small details matter very much to a significant number, but not all women. It appears that exit angles (downward, mid-angle, or forward, even sideways, or upward), stream characteristics (strength, single or multiple streams, sprinkles, dribbles, or sprays) often have a strong influence on women's choices and preferences for peeing postures or styles, basically for practical reasons, as pointed out by ukpeegirl86, in her recent post. I want to thank her again, for a very interesting and enlightening post (to a male, anyway!)

"When I sit or squat my stream always directs forwards, sometimes by quite some distance. If I’m sitting on a toilet my stream always hits the porcelain rather than the water. On occasions when I’ve been really desperate my steam has come at such an angle that it’s come through the gap where the toilet seat sits on the bowl and I’ve wet the back of my trousers and my underwear through the gap."

This demonstrates certain conditions, set by her individual anatomy and physiology, which she has dealt with for most or all of her life. So peeing for her is more complicated than a simple release of pressure from her bladder. She then explains how the unique characteristics of her stream have influenced her choice of peeing styles, and ultimately, her final selection:

"I always have to keep my legs closed when I’m sitting on the toilet as otherwise my stream will overshoot the front of the toilet and go onto the floor and/or my clothing below. When I sit on the toilet to pee I find that leaning forwards changes the trajectory of my stream, sending it downwards so that I don’t spray the back of my thighs with piss as I sit on the toilet."

This descriptive narrative gives me insight into the lady's anatomy, personality, and motivations, with regard to peeing. I have always been fascinated by the easily observable fact that, when sitting on toilets, some women pee with their legs spread wide, some with their legs closer together, but not touching, and others, like this lady, with their thighs tightly closed. Some lean forward slightly, some lean far forward, and some sit up straight. I have always wondered whether these choices are dictated by practical considerations of messiness or neatness (avoiding wetting clothing or legs), germ or filth phobias (Eeuiu! Ick! I don't want to get any pee on me!), or exaggerated feelings of modesty or privacy (I don't want anyone, even another woman, to see how I do it, how it actually comes out of me!) I have discussed these choices with a number of women, some of whom were gf's, and some of whom were platonic, and sometimes got straight answers.

In the case of ukpeegirl86, it appears that her predominant motivation in her choice of peeing styles is practical neatness, avoiding getting her clothing or legs wet, exceeding possible germ phobias, although she dislikes spraying the backs of her thighs with piss, and so leans forwards. Apparently, feelings of modesty or personal privacy are not strong motivators, for her.

Thanks again for your insights, ukpeegirl86!

Dr.P

• Agree 1
11 hours ago, DoctorDoctor said:

I see there is a picture topic of women "Peeing from behind", but it actually it looks like downward peeing women who direct their streams downward or rearward when outdoors.  Is peeing to the rear a method of the downward pee'ers when outdoors and a woman who pees forward, tends to choose a posture that helps send her stream forward, those squatting and peeing to the front is chosen by naturally forward pee'ers.

As gldenwetgoose said, that thread seems to be for pictures of women viewed from behind while they are peeing as opposed to from the front or side, regardless of the posture they use. 

I suspect that "forward pee'ers" are more likely to stand or squat high, and only squat low if they can spread their legs quite far, while "downward pee'ers" are likely to squat, and only stand if they can spread their legs quite a bit. Though as mentioned by someone in this thread, there seem to be some women who are downward pee'ers when standing and forward pee-ers when sitting or squatting (in other words, bending the legs at the hip for those women kind of "pulls" the stream a bit with them), and for them I imagine the legs need to be spread regardless of the posture.

• Agree 1

CarbOnBased wrote (11/7/21 9:40 AM):

"I suspect that "forward pee'ers" are more likely to stand or squat high, and only squat low if they can spread their legs quite far, while "downward pee'ers" are likely to squat, and only stand if they can spread their legs quite a bit. Though as mentioned by someone in this thread, there seem to be some women who are downward pee'ers when standing and forward pee-ers when sitting or squatting (in other words, bending the legs at the hip for those women kind of "pulls" the stream a bit with them), and for them I imagine the legs need to be spread regardless of the posture."

@CarbOnBased, Very interesting insight. I think you are onto something significant. Thanks for posting. I never had a gf whose stream behaved in the exact way that you describe.

But "Michelle's" situation was interesting, in this regard. When sitting on the toilet, with her thighs closed tightly, it seemed to me, from her tinkle in the water, that her stream went downward, even if she didn't lean forward, hardly at all. So I concluded, initially, that she was a downward pee'er, since I didn't think she would like getting her legs wet. But when she opened her legs, to allow me to wipe her, I found some dribbles on her inner thighs, as well as on the backs of her thighs, which she showed me, to ensure that I did a good job. So I was confused, a bit.

Much later in our long relationship, when she became a lot more relaxed with me, watching her, she sat with her thighs open an inch or two, so I could see her single stream, coming out nearly forward, at an approximate 45 degree angle downward from her horizontal thighs, putting her exit angle in the "mid-angle" category, surprising me. On rare occasion, her stream would deviate to wet her inner left thigh, giving me more dribbles to lick or wipe.

I was so surprised by her "new" peeing style, that I asked her why she changed. She said she had not changed at all; she had always done it this way. When I reminded her that she had always kept her legs together, when I watched her pee,  in the past, she told me that she only did it that way, in my presence, since I "pushed it too hard," and she didn't want to give me the satisfaction of letting me see everything. A good lesson for me.

With her newly relaxed attitude, she volunteered to show me how she did it, outdoors, "behind a bush," as she put it, one night, when we were in her apartment, and I asked her to do it squatting, over the toilet. She said that "hovering" over the toilet was too hard on her leg muscles, so she would show me something else.

She put the seat of the toilet up, to get it out of the way, then straddled the bowl, near the back, and bent her knees only slightly, so she was still nearly standing, with her legs spread about shoulder width apart.. After opening her lips, with her fingers, and then letting them relax, she started to pee a neat single stream, coming out at about a 45 degree angle in front of her now nearly vertical thighs, and landing within the front part of the bowl. Although her main stream was well controlled, a small, secondary stream ran down her inner left thigh. She stopped, and wiped her thigh with t.p. Being a gentleman, (lol) I volunteered to wipe her thigh for her, while she peed, to make it easier for her. She accepted, and I took good care of her, while she peed, and with my tongue, when she finished. She said that I would be a good guy to have with her, the next time she had to do it outside. I replied that it would be a labor of love, for me.

Dr.P

• Hot 1

My statement about the "Peeing from behind" thread was simply describing the possibility that the majority of women featured in that thread are "downward pee'ers" (because that posture naturally gives the best view from behind).  And, women naturally (possibly unconciously) adopt a posture that fits their natural stream direction out of convienence or reducing the messiness.

I certainly enjoy all types of female peeing.  I am just making observations that others have also made.

• Agree 1

@Dr. P--it's great that she got more relaxed over time and eventually let you see more. It must have felt like a treat when she opened up to you later, though it seems interesting that she said she didn't want to give you the satisfaction of seeing everything. I'd think it was more common that people would want to make their partner happy, but just would find it awkward to let someone watch.

@CarbOnBased, Thanks for your interest and understanding. The total story was a lot more complicated than what I presented here. I have given more details in previous, long, story posts on PeeFans, in which I identified her as "Michelle," or "Melissa," both fictitious names, of course.

When we first began dating, the sex was good, and our relationship was very harmonious, but she was extremely reticent about her peeing, closing and locking the bathroom door, in her apartment, and running tap water while she peed, to cover her hiss and tinkle. This was very frustrating for me, and I tried very hard to get her to loosen up, a bit, by revealing my fetish, and telling her how much closer I would feel to her, if she would let me share the bathroom with her. I was unknowingly insensitive to her feelings about her privacy, and she resented that very deeply, but never expressed that resentment to me.

She finally gave in and let me in the bathroom with her, saying, "I don't know why you want to watch me do it. I just sit down. You can't see anything. You've seen me sit down, when I'm naked, and in lots of other positions, too. So what's the big deal?" I told her it was the intimacy of the bathroom situation, which didn't impress her, at all. Since she always peed with her legs pressed tightly together, her description was accurate. I couldn't see anything interesting, while she was peeing. But she did allow me to wipe her, afterward, which was intimate, for me, in addition to listening to her hiss and tinkle.

After several years, which were very pleasant, except for the bathroom situation, which remained the same, she met another guy, broke up with me, and married him. I was devastated, and destined for a "dry" spell, which lasted 3 years. The guy divorced her, after those 3 years, and her daughter called me to ask me if I was still interested in her mother, who was now free. Of course I was!

I called her mother, at the number she gave me, and we got back together, within a couple of weeks, after discussing how our "new" relationship would be, including "bathroom privileges." She seemed very relaxed about the subject, at this point, compared to her previous tension and anxiety. I was very grateful  to have her back, at all, and was also a lot more relaxed, in discussing it with her.

She said, "Well, it doesn't do anything for me, but you can come with me, if you want to. I still don't know why it's such a big deal, for you. But I'm not going to announce it, or invite you to come with me. It's up to you to follow me. I'll leave the door open."

Soon after these discussions, we had our first private dinner together, in her apartment, in our "new" relationship. We had agreed that I would be staying over, for the night. We got up from watching TV, to go to bed. I was several steps behind her, when she disappeared, into the bathroom. By the time I got there, she was already sitting on the toilet, peeing copiously, with her thighs a couple of inches apart, skirt pulled all the way up, around her waist, so I could see everything. It hissed and sprayed, wetting her left thigh, all the way to her knee. She didn't adjust her position, or take corrective action, but just let it happen. I quickly dropped to my knees, in front of her, for a better view. She kept her legs open. When it finally stopped, she commented, "Looks like I didn't do such a good job. I could use some help, wiping," as she handed me some t.p.

That was the point at which we had the conversation about my "pushing it too hard," in our previous relationship, which was true, and became one of my biggest regrets. She said I seemed much more relaxed, now, and she felt much more comfortable. The relationship continued, in this new mode, for several more years. We are still in occasional telephone contact, to this day, after a friendship which has lasted decades.

Dr.P

To add some data; I think I’m sort of like ukpeegirl86. When sitting on the toilet or squatting my stream directs forwards. I usually just hit the porcelain when sitting on the toilet yet I never have to be careful not to pee over the toilet bowl/under the toilet seat,  not even when I’m desperate. 

Standing up though I can pee straight down without getting any pee on my legs or feet. Either standing over a toilet or in public when wearing a skirt and no panties. With one exception though; if I have shaved very recently (like.. the same day or the day before) chances are that a little bit of pee will flow down one or both of my legs. Which makes sense to me because if the whole area down there is perfectly smooth and I’m not peeing full force gravity doesn’t win entirely :’) 

I pretty much never do a classic female squat in public but when I do go outside and I’m wearing pants or if I shaved very recently I usually rest my back against a wall or a tree (with my knees in a 90 degree angle, as if sitting on an invisible chair :’) ) and then pee straight down like that. 

• Hot 4

@M.Vixen: Thanks for your very detailed, and extremely interesting information. And a warm welcome to the site. I never thought about the effects of shaving on secondary stream directions, which you point out. My gf, "Michelle," whose secondary stream ran down her leg, when she did it in her high "behind a bush" squat, did not shave her vulva. But she had naturally very sparse pubic hair, which would not have deflected her weak, secondary stream, which ran down her smooth lip to her leg. I have seen photos of women leaning back against walls or trees, as if they are sitting on invisible chairs or toilets, as you describe, and peeing straight down. Never been lucky enough to see that in real life.  Thanks again for your very interesting post. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Dr.P

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 12:12 PM, sd91 said:

Forward pee'er here. If using a toilet I don't usually have to worry about it. If I'm desperate I would probably lean forward a bit more though to just be sure that it doesn't go between the seat and the bowl. I'm always a forward pee'er but most of the time there isn't enough pressure to give it much distance.

Anywhere that isn't the toilet, my feet and legs usually stay nice and dry. Usually.

Would you pee upwards if your desperate enough and spread your lips apart and aim up?

• Like 1
On 11/13/2021 at 4:04 AM, M.Vixen said:

To add some data; I think I’m sort of like ukpeegirl86. When sitting on the toilet or squatting my stream directs forwards. I usually just hit the porcelain when sitting on the toilet yet I never have to be careful not to pee over the toilet bowl/under the toilet seat,  not even when I’m desperate. 

Standing up though I can pee straight down without getting any pee on my legs or feet. Either standing over a toilet or in public when wearing a skirt and no panties. With one exception though; if I have shaved very recently (like.. the same day or the day before) chances are that a little bit of pee will flow down one or both of my legs. Which makes sense to me because if the whole area down there is perfectly smooth and I’m not peeing full force gravity doesn’t win entirely :’) 

I pretty much never do a classic female squat in public but when I do go outside and I’m wearing pants or if I shaved very recently I usually rest my back against a wall or a tree (with my knees in a 90 degree angle, as if sitting on an invisible chair :’) ) and then pee straight down like that. 

Like how far in front of do you pee when squatting? Have you tried to aim further or higher your stream?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 10/30/2021 at 5:47 PM, BGSB86 said:

I’m a forward pee’er. If I’m not sitting but rather squatting on a toilet i have to lean a little forward so I don’t overshoot the bowl. If I am desperate, my stream is like a laser!

Forward peeing is really good combined with a strong piss stream 

• Agree 1
  • Hot 1