peeing when camping

58 minutes ago, oliver2 said:

Campervan?

A solution to every problem (whereas my wife tells me I have a 'problem for every solution').

We're involved in a vintage fair type event in a nearby village and through the summer have a couple of working weekends, as well as the main show event.  At the first working weekend we were in a borrowed tent, there was one portaloo set up 100 yards across the field (it was a sort of small cabin on a trailer). The nearest to any excitement was my wife telling me of sharing with another lady - simply so they could hold a torch light for one another.

Before the next weekend I'd inherited a small amount of money, so we now have a nice 2 berth caravan (trailer) - so we now have a king sized bed, fridge (for the beer), roof over our heads, wifi dongle, solar power and generator, heating, hot water, bathroom with shower and toilet.  This simpler life did have certain attractions though, well one for a pee fan anyway.

= = = = = = = = =

Talking of the caravan reminds me of another little camping anecdote - very, very tame (sorry).

Last summer, son and I went to a large motorsport event and took the caravan for four nights.  We knew one couple we were camped with in advance, but very quickly got to know the others - three caravans, a camper van and two or three tents.  Doing our own thing in the race track during the days, but meeting up at night and chatting over beers.

One of our new friends was a lady  (everyone in the group knew each other, we were the newbies) - a bit of a rock chick look with Dr Marten boots, shorts, long black hair and piercings.  A little reserved but friendly enough - got the impression she'd had a tough time somewhere along the way.

One evening she announced how she must have been more drunk that she thought on the previous evening - she'd got out of her tent to go to the portaloos - a good walk to the other side of the field and in the morning her socks were soaked, so she commented on being drunk and forgetting to put her boots on.

One of the guys said "Why didn't you just piss outside your tent?  It was pitch black and middle of the night - nobody would have seen you."

Now she didn't say a word... no 'Ewww' or 'That's gross' type denial, which left me wondering whether that's what she did and it wasn't dew that had soaked her socks...

• Like 4
22 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

she'd got out of her tent to go to the portaloos - a good walk to the other side of the field and in the morning her socks were soaked, so she commented on being drunk and forgetting to put her boots on.

One of the guys said "Why didn't you just piss outside your tent?  It was pitch black and middle of the night - nobody would have seen you."

Maybe y’all were hearing “I got out of my tent to go to the loo” a bit too literally…?

22 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

I’m finding it harder and harder to tell @oliver2 whether your posts are humorous satire or actually put downs. I’ll assume the former as you’ve been around long enough to understand the consequences of the latter. 

I’m aiming for good-natured humour and apparently missing quite badly! Absolutely no put-downs intended.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, oliver2 said:

I’m aiming for good-natured humour and apparently missing quite badly! Absolutely no put-downs intended.

It’s hard to hit a small target (and I’m mean there that the deficiency my be my understanding) - I’ll try and up my game. 

6 hours ago, oliver2 said:

Maybe y’all were hearing “I got out of my tent to go to the loo” a bit too literally…?

I believe I was thinking on the same lines as @oliver2 here - that maybe the girl said "I got out of my tent to go to the portaloo", meaning that she literally just got outside her tent to go to pee in the grass, but she said portaloo to be more politically correct.   When someone asked her why she didn't go just outside she didn't react because maybe that is exactly what she had done.   If she was drunk enough not to put her boots on, then I'm sure she was probably drunk enough to not waste time/effort stumbling across the field to the portaloos.   I guess we'll never know for sure though.

• Agree 2

I haven't had that much experience of camping in recent years other than a couple of trips with the kayaking club.   I didn't spot any girls peeing by their tents, but in the morning I did find that there was an area just through a gap in the hedge where the path led down to the river.  This area had a flat area of dry earth with about half a dozen very obvious wet patches - looked like the girls at that end of the field had decided to go behind the hedge rather than walk down to the portaloos.

I was sleeping in a small tent with the zip along the side rather than on the end.  When I needed to pee in the night I simply undid the zip along the bottom and peed out through the gap whilst still lying in my bed.

Like @gldenwetgoose my wife and I have a caravan with a toilet in it.   Where it is normally sited, I often pee outside by the hedge when the need arises, except in the middle of the night when I use the toilet rather than traipsing outside.   My wife uses the toilet more than me, but we only use it for peeing, then when we are finished for the weekend we just empty it out on the ground anyway, so if I pee outside it is only missing out the middle man.   If I'm there on my own, I don't bother with the toilet at all - If I need to pee in the night then I just open the door and pee out of the door or I pee in the sink which has a pipe that drains directly into the hedge.

• Like 3
  • Hot 1
  • 2 months later...

I was recently in the army (in my country all guys have to go serve for 6-12 months) and we had these training camps that lasted like a week and there was no chance to use any kind of toilet there. After we had come back from one of these i heard some girls (there was few voluntary girls) talk about how they had been doing their things over that week and it was so hard not to get hard while they told about peeing in the bushes and how they obviously weren't able to clean up their ladyparts properly for a week and i just imagined what that must have smelled like. One of them even said that at one point she was SO desperate for a number two that she had to walk far far away from everyone, dig a hole and poop in to it. The others laughed and said that no matter how badly they had to go they would never have done that so that means that they were holding their number two for a week and thinking how desperate they must have been after that just turns me on big time.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, 2564 said:

I was recently in the army (in my country all guys have to go serve for 6-12 months) and we had these training camps that lasted like a week and there was no chance to use any kind of toilet there. After we had come back from one of these i heard some girls (there was few voluntary girls) talk about how they had been doing their things over that week and it was so hard not to get hard while they told about peeing in the bushes and how they obviously weren't able to clean up their ladyparts properly for a week and i just imagined what that must have smelled like. One of them even said that at one point she was SO desperate for a number two that she had to walk far far away from everyone, dig a hole and poop in to it. The others laughed and said that no matter how badly they had to go they would never have done that so that means that they were holding their number two for a week and thinking how desperate they must have been after that just turns me on big time.

That's amazing that there isn't any opportunity to even do number two in the evening/at night after the training exercises. One one hand I can see the point--in military training they want to simulate the very real possibility in war of a situation where you are far away from any sort of civilization for an extended period of time and have to make do without conveniences like running water or even an outhouse--but for a training that is mandatory for the entire male population that seems like quite primitive conditions you are being subjected to.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Last weekend I camped in Belgium. They have a lange community of people who offer their garden to camp in. When I asked for the toilet, the woman in whose garden I set up my tent told me I could pee in the garden wherever I wanted. She even admitted that she did it herself when she was sitting in the garden and did not want to go inside.

Oh, I like that Belgian way of life!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1