Morning Fishing

4 hours ago, Colormerose said:

So I decided to take up fishing with my husband guys! I have not been fishing since I was 15 years old. My husband has a small little like john boat fishing boat. so the like size up from a row boat kind of thing. Easy enough for us 2 but too small for tubing. If that makes sense to try and picture. Well that being said it obviously also rocks a bit so no standing up in it or leaning over the edge lol or atleast I definitely wouldn't. So we got me all set up with fishing gear and we set out on Saturday. We went out early saturday morning. 

I tell you my biggest worry was having to pee when on the lake. Ok he's a dude if need be he could pee in a bottle, pee off the side or whatever. I'm a girl there is nowhere for me to go. So I made sure I went before we left and pretty much just didn't drink anything. Well still we were out from 8am to 230pm. I Had to pee so bad, I was so thankful when he finally said let's call it a day and go back to the landing. Now to just get out of the boat and struggle with holding it in while we loaded it up on the trailer. As soon as it was loaded up I made a beeline to the park restrooms. I haven't peed so forcefully in a long time. I barely got my pants down before it came out. Being a girl on a small fishing boat is not easy when out all day. 

Aw, Rose, you missed out on the best part of a fishing trip, peeing off the boat. 😁

• Agree 2
12 hours ago, Colormerose said:

So I decided to take up fishing with my husband guys! I have not been fishing since I was 15 years old. My husband has a small little like john boat fishing boat. so the like size up from a row boat kind of thing. Easy enough for us 2 but too small for tubing. If that makes sense to try and picture. Well that being said it obviously also rocks a bit so no standing up in it or leaning over the edge lol or atleast I definitely wouldn't. So we got me all set up with fishing gear and we set out on Saturday. We went out early saturday morning. 

I tell you my biggest worry was having to pee when on the lake. Ok he's a dude if need be he could pee in a bottle, pee off the side or whatever. I'm a girl there is nowhere for me to go. So I made sure I went before we left and pretty much just didn't drink anything. Well still we were out from 8am to 230pm. I Had to pee so bad, I was so thankful when he finally said let's call it a day and go back to the landing. Now to just get out of the boat and struggle with holding it in while we loaded it up on the trailer. As soon as it was loaded up I made a beeline to the park restrooms. I haven't peed so forcefully in a long time. I barely got my pants down before it came out. Being a girl on a small fishing boat is not easy when out all day. 

You could’ve just put your ass over the edge and leaned forward while your husband sat on the otherside for counterbalance, atleast that’s how we always do it 😊

• Agree 1
11 hours ago, Albionis said:

You could’ve just put your ass over the edge and leaned forward while your husband sat on the otherside for counterbalance, atleast that’s how we always do it 😊

Way to small of a boat for that. It rocks too much at even the slightest movement even like leaning forward to grab tackle box. So definitely not going to do that lol. Plus I was so on edge of being in the boat I sat on the floor lol. It was a carpeted wooden floor haha

• Hug 1
19 hours ago, glad1 said:

Aw, Rose, you missed out on the best part of a fishing trip, peeing off the boat. 😁

Way to small of a boat for that. It rocks too much at even the slightest movement even like leaning forward to grab tackle box. So definitely not going to do that lol. Plus I was so on edge of being in the boat I sat on the floor lol. It was a carpeted wooden floor haha

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Colormerose said:

Way to small of a boat for that. It rocks too much at even the slightest movement even like leaning forward to grab tackle box. So definitely not going to do that lol. Plus I was so on edge of being in the boat I sat on the floor lol. It was a carpeted wooden floor haha

Very understandable, it took many of my friends a long time to get comfortable with the rocking especially in the beginning. Myself i grew up around boats of every size so i’ve been confortable even in the rockiest boat since i was a child 😅

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Albionis said:

Myself i grew up around boats of every size so i’ve been confortable even in the rockiest boat since i was a child 😅

The same here.

For those who aren't familiar with boats, I'll let you in a secret I learned from an old salt. A ship of any size, even down to the smallest rowboat always has a working bucket.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Speaking of buckets, it reminds me of a story I heard from a woman who took an Outward Bound trip. They were traveling from one island to another on a somewhat small boat, about 12 people total men and women, when the motor failed and they were adrift for a few hours. To make things worse (or better in our case), they'd been told before they got onboard to drink up their water so they wouldn't risk dehydration.

They wound up having to pee in the large bucket they'd carried aboard. Some sooner than others, maybe a few more than once. I was told it was a great bonding situation.

Edited by glad1
  • Like 2

Great experience, thanks for sharing. 
Reminds me of my wife.  She never liked trying to hang her butt off the side of the boat so she usually ends up relieving herself in the live well (it’s a small compartment in the boat that has water and air bubblers so you have a place to keep the fish you catch alive until you get back to the dock when you can clean them).   It’s her personal toilet when we are in the boat.  
For me, I enjoy the experience of pissing off the side of the boat (and knowing my wife covertly catches a glimpse I’m sure of it). 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Zorroblade said:

Great experience, thanks for sharing. 
Reminds me of my wife.  She never liked trying to hang her butt off the side of the boat so she usually ends up relieving herself in the live well (it’s a small compartment in the boat that has water and air bubblers so you have a place to keep the fish you catch alive until you get back to the dock when you can clean them).   It’s her personal toilet when we are in the boat.  
For me, I enjoy the experience of pissing off the side of the boat (and knowing my wife covertly catches a glimpse I’m sure of it). 

Haha I'm too afraid still to even move in the boat. I feel like it's too unstable with how much it rocks. 

• Like 1