Pee at home

Hello,

I'm curious if any of you here were allowed by your parents or grandparents to pee in bed, on the floor, or in your pants when you were a kid, at home, or even outside?

Do not hesitate to detail your answers 😉

PS : Sorry if my English is not correct, I am French, the most important thing is that I am understood.

For me the answer to those questions isn't really as simple as "yes" or "no", so the answers will be a little complicated / long. 

BED.  Before starting kindergarten (when I was 5) the general rule (enforced by parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles) was that after going to bed I was to stay in bed until getting up the next morning: which basically meant if I had to pee after going to bed, I was allowed to pee in bed; however (if I wasn't wearing a diaper, which I did sometimes wear to bed at that age) I did hear about it.  After that, I was allowed / encouraged to get out of bed to go to / use the bathroom if I felt like I had to go in the middle of the night at all of those people's homes except at my mother's parents' house (the door to the one and only bathroom in their house was literally right next to the top of the steps), where the "stay in bed rule" continued until I was 8. 

FLOOR.  There were certain places where all (parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles) allowed peeing on the floor.  At my parents' house I was allowed to pee on the floor in the garage; there wasn't any specific point at which I was no longer allowed to do that, but I really didn't do it all the much.  At my mother's parents' house I was allowed to pee on the floor in the basement until I was about 7, again I didn't really do it all the much.  At my father's parents' house I was allowed to pee on the floor in the garage and in the basement, there wasn't really an end date on being allowed to do that, possibly because of how infrequently I peed in those places.  At houses belonging to aunts and uncles it was pretty much not allowed. 

PANTS.  I pretty much was never allowed to pee in my pants whenever I wanted.  However, I distinctly remember two separate occasions when while in a crowded public place with no bathrooms I had to pee (I think I was 4 both times) where my parents told me to "just pee in your pants".  Once (at a holiday: lots of people there) in my mother's parents' house I had to pee and the bathroom was occupied, and my grandmother told me to pee in my pants.  Growing up there was this game I played with my friends which was a cross between duck-duck-goose and truth-or-dare; "pee your pants" was a fairly common dare...playing outside / away from adults generally the pants dried enough that I didn't get in trouble for it.

OUTSIDE.  In this case I'm talking about peeing on / in trees, bushes, ground, etc (not in pants).  Pretty much that was allowed by all adult family members at all ages, but the basic rule was use a tree, bush, etc.

Edited by thisguy20
fixed a typo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1