First public desperation

My most memorable experience needing to pee so badly I was seriously uncertain I would make it home was as a student.

I went out to write some music with a band member and had decided before I left home, that I would attempt to put myself in a potential emergency on my way back home. So I decided to drink some water before leaving and continue throughout the evening, without going to the bathroom. As the evening progressed I did feel the urge, however, I was certain it’s still wasn’t quite strong enough and that my challenge would be too easy. So I had another beer... another glass of water...I still wasn’t worried though.. until I realize we have been sitting down all evening and once I stood up The urge to pee multiplied immediately. For a brief moment did consider changing my mind. That’s before I knew it I was saying goodbye I didn’t really have a chance to think about what to do.

so I went on my way... it was about a 5 to 10 minute walk to the tram stop, a bit of a wait, followed by about 15 minutes on the tram. Even while waiting I felt nervous and considered finding a quiet place to relieve myself.. yet I was in the center of a big city and it was still early on, so there was no way I would’ve gotten away with it. So I decided to enter the tram, still fairly confident things will work out just fine.

If you stops in, the busy tram, came to a complete stop. It must’ve been just five minutes or so, so nothing unusual. Nevertheless, it felt like an eternity to me. And this is where I began to panic internally. Which if course only made things worse. My thoughts were racing what to do. I was feeling that sensation of the bladder muscle letting go, the moments before it’s too late. I made a decision to get off at the next stop.. and walk the rest. Worst case, I would prefer to have had an accident outside in the dark, than on the tram. 

I knew it would take about 15 extra minutes to walk home. So I hurried off and started walking. Slowly realizing the additional time was going to be tough to hold. At every traffic light I had to wait I felt like I was going to lose the battle. 

I just about got to the apartment feelIng slight dampness in my boxers. I have to walk up to The 3rd floor, which I just about managed, while releasing a few small leaks, entered the flat and made it to the toilet with seconds to spare before I would have lost control. 

This was only the beginning of future challenges I set myself, some ending better than others.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1