Fetish vs Addiction

Just a random thought. Does the desire to pee any and everywhere ever become an addiction or does it stay a fetish. What do you say takes it from one point to another?I'm alone in my house today for awhile so the sudden urge rushed in, and the pee explosion between my thighs was exhilarating so this question came to mind. Please share your thoughts. Thanks. 💦

• Hot 1
14 hours ago, PeeGurl74 said:

Just a random thought. Does the desire to pee any and everywhere ever become an addiction or does it stay a fetish. What do you say takes it from one point to another?

That's a really interesting question. There have been many times when the urge was so strong as to be almost undeniable. In some cases I have taken risks that were definitely on the extreme side because of that heightened state of mind.  The buzz was so intense.

For me, the key word in that is "almost".  For an addict, they have gone beyond the almost stage.  They "have to" act on whatever it is that's driving them.  The risk equation is flipped and the risk to them of not doing something supersedes the risk of doing it.

Even in my most frenzied moments, I know I can still walk away.  More often than not, I do.  But the urge has resulted in me peeing within 2-3 feet of someone else in some cases.  All it would take is a glance but I calculated the risk and somehow found it acceptable.  It's a fine line we walk when we play in public.

At home, there's no real risk unless you do something when you know someone is likely to walk in on you during the act.  In an empty house, it's easy for the urge to overwhelm the caution.  Yeah, you'll have to clean up, but that's a small price to pay for the rush of release you experienced.  If someone else was in the room you'd be more circumspect, and that's the line between fetish and addiction as I see it.

Agreed it's a really interesting question, and agree with the answers above.

Without getting a dictionary out, I would consider a fetish to be something which 'everyone else' considers to be abnormal and maybe unacceptable to their way of thinking, and which we do because it creates in us a sense of satisfaction (sexual or otherwise).   So I have a fetish for looking at pictures, videos, chatting about girls peeing, hopefully catching glimpses or hearing conversations about it in real life.  It's something I choose to do in my spare time, my closest nearest and dearest don't support me in it and therefore I practice the fetish when circumstances allow, like being online here now.  At other times I'll just get on with everyday life and be the average husband, parent and colleague and it'll be a secondary aspect, parked in the background of my mind.

I do sometimes wonder if I'm addicted to it - or whether I'm addicted to the rush that masturbation releases and am using the fetish to reach that point.  I don't think I am though...   There is a level of involvement which I'm happy with, It's stable and apart from consuming some time I could spend doing other things (you should see the ironing pile) I am able to walk away when necessary, I don't spend more and more of my family income buying content, spiralling into deeper and darker levels of involvement.  Then again, is addiction binary?  Mention drug addict and I thinks of someone who has lost their home, health, dignity and maybe sanity, living in a gutter and committing crime for their next drug fix?   There's probably all levels of addiction just like the smoker who buys one packet of cigarettes a week whilst at the pub.

I can't say I've recently chosen to go without my pee fetish - so maybe I'm just an easily satisfied addict.  I guess there's only one way I would find out - but at the moment I don't feel any need to challenge my willpower in that respect...  I'm satisfied with my level of involvement, I don't believe it's harming me or anyone else and here I am.

One key point to mention here too - for a lot of us, pee fun is very closely aligned or is a direct trigger to sexual fun.  One always leads to the other.  So as I've touched on, perhaps the addictive element if there is one is a sexual addiction - and that is satisfied by the fetish.  But there are other people for whom pee is a personal thing giving fulfilment in a non-sexual way, perhaps just taking us to a happier place or whatever.  Sometimes it can be both (although obviously not at the same time).

Good question. I think for many of us it's a sexual fetish or kink (I believe there's a difference: a fetish being something *required* in or to achieve sexual fulfilment, and a kink being something most would consider unusual / abnormal, practised because it adds to the feelings or is fun but is not *necessary* to be sexually fulfilled. (Oh, and I very much second @gldenwetgoose's view of the sex vs non-sexual fun distinction too 🙂.) 

I guess there is a possibility of addiction as well - that would be something on top of any pee fetish or pee kink, or even non-sexual pee fun. 

FWIW, I would consider myself a long way from being an addict: there are times when I really, really want to have pee fun on my own or with K, and for sexual or purely fun reasons, but I know I can put that feeling aside if I choose to.

• Agree 1
  • Love 1