Me and Dad in side Garden

On 9/11/2021 at 2:35 PM, beachmom said:

It's so nice that you and your dad are so open around each other. My dad has long since passed, but he was always quite nonchalant about peeing anytime the need arose. I don't know why, but ever since my early teens I was rather intrigued by men peeing outdoors and while it seemed to make most guys uncomfortable to do so around me, my dad was completely at ease doing so around me. I think too many people today would want to make something sexual about it, but it wasn't at all, I just loved seeing him casually pissing in public. The fact that he wasn't embarrassed to pull his cock out in front of me and anyone else around or for me to watch and chat with him as he did so was to very cool. I wish more guys these days were as open as he was.

I can relate to what you say about enjoying watching other people while they are peeing, but it not being sexual.  I've wondered about this myself over the years because while it is exciting being around someone else while they are peeing, or while we are both peeing, it seems to be somewhat different from the usual interest in sexual things.  While I am a straight male and have no interest in anything sexual with men, I'm still interested when at a urinal or outside to notice how the guy goes about it, how long it takes him to start the stream, etc.  And while it's certainly more interesting on the rarer opportunity to be present while a woman pees, my interest in the casual peeing act itself seems to be separate from a sexual interest.  For me it's the privilege to be sharing in something that is usually private but the person has chosen to be open about in my presence.  To turn it into something sexual would spoil the "spell". 

It sounds like you had a great relationship with your dad.  I'm no psychologist, but it seems to me that your dad being that open with you created a model that set the expectation for you of how a confident man should behave when peeing, and you later tried to pass that attitude on when raising your sons, even if the more conservative American culture made you a little hesitant at first, thinking that you might be getting your sons in trouble.  Also, you commented that when you were a teenager most guys were uncomfortable peeing around you.  Were those male relatives or friends in your neighborhood?  I've seen you mention before that in rural Romania where you grew up it was expected that men and boys would pee outside and leave the scarce toilets for the women to use.  So it seems like that while the guys knew they didn't have a choice about peeing outside, many of them really didn't want to do it.  What did they do that made you notice they were uncomfortable?  Did they turn away to get some more privacy, did they walk away to a more secluded location, or did it seem to take a long time for them to get their stream started if you were close to them?