Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Administrators, how about this: BAN thisvid from being posted here.  I'm sick of going there only to find I can't watch the video.  I'm here to relieve (so to speak) my pee stress, not get more of it.  If we see a nice video on thisvid, we can download it and post it somewhere else. Pornhub, sendspace, any of dozens, perhaps hundreds, of other options.  Why let thisvid continue to play games with us? This seems to me the responsible thing to do. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, Peevert said:

Administrators, how about this: BAN thisvid from being posted here.  I'm sick of going there only to find I can't watch the video.  I'm here to relieve (so to speak) my pee stress, not get more of it.  If we see a nice video on thisvid, we can download it and post it somewhere else. Pornhub, sendspace, any of dozens, perhaps hundreds, of other options.  Why let thisvid continue to play games with us? This seems to me the responsible thing to do. 

 

 

You can't just download and re-distribute people's content either. If someone has put a restriction on their video, it's because they want it to be kept private for their members / friends list only. To me, that is totally fair and downloading / sharing it elsewhere would be a questionable thing to do.

  • Agree 4
Link to post

I agree that members shouldn't post links in the videos section where you have to be friends with someone on thisvid to see it - the whole idea of the videos link section is anyone can view those videos. So feel free to report any posts that have those limitations, and we can delete those specific video posts.

But as others have pointed out, it's the uploader who privates the video, not ThisVid. ThisVid in my experience has been a good hosting platform. 

So I'm in favour of banning video links that aren't publicly visible (e.g. you have to be 'friends' with the uploader first to see it), but there's no need to ban ThisVid overall. We just need to ask people to not share links to private videos. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
Link to post
8 hours ago, Sophie said:

How about we don't do that? 

I understand it is frustrating when you visit a link and you cannot watch the video but that is the creators choice and we should respect that. They chose to make the video, they chose to upload it, they chose to make it private, Downloading it and sharing it elsewhere is just wrong.  They are not playing games with anyone, stop acting so entitled. There's plenty of other free content out there. 

I have never used ThisVid. I wonder whether you can even tell if it is a private video if you are already logged in.

Say for example, I was friends with "Peequeen" or something. And she posted a "Friends Only" video. Would I know it was a "Friends Only" video if I clicked on it, or would I just assume it's public as I had access instantly.

You'd have to log out to check maybe.

Link to post
5 minutes ago, jmatthews1995 said:

I have never used ThisVid. I wonder whether you can even tell if it is a private video if you are already logged in.

Say for example, I was friends with "Peequeen" or something. And she posted a "Friends Only" video. Would I know it was a "Friends Only" video if I clicked on it, or would I just assume it's public as I had access instantly.

You'd have to log out to check maybe.

If you search for anything on thisvid (or view someone's profile) you will see a padlock icon on any video that is private. This icon will show regardless of if you are logged in or logged out, and will display regardless of your relationship with the uploader (if you are friends you will still see the lock icon but can play the video).

However, the “danger” comes if you add a video to your Favorites list. Here, it does not display whether or not the video is private so it is easy to accidentally send someone a link to a super hot video they cannot see. Source: I have done this multiple times.

 

 

6910528B-64C5-4FB6-9732-BDD546719876.jpeg

D0F52470-B042-4E06-A65F-56A1C4C86786.jpeg

Link to post
1 minute ago, durianfury said:

If you search for anything on thisvid (or view someone's profile) you will see a padlock icon on any video that is private. This icon will show regardless of if you are logged in or logged out, and will display regardless of your relationship with the uploader (if you are friends you will still see the lock icon but can play the video).

However, the “danger” comes if you add a video to your Favorites list. Here, it does not display whether or not the video is private so it is easy to accidentally send someone a link to a super hot video they cannot see. Source: I have done this multiple times.

 

 

6910528B-64C5-4FB6-9732-BDD546719876.jpeg

D0F52470-B042-4E06-A65F-56A1C4C86786.jpeg

Ahhh I see! That does look a cracking example of a "super hot" video as well! 🤣

  • Like 2
Link to post
11 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

my personal view is that we should be grateful Thisvid do allow pee content at all and also kudos to them for having the respect for their creators that they allow them to protect content (unlike for example Pissrip and it's stolen content).

To play devil's advocate, there's a hell of a lot of stolen content on thisvid. I can count on one hand the number of amateur (female) content creators posting unique content to the site that I have seen. But I agree with you. 

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
On 8/22/2021 at 3:18 PM, Admin said:

So I'm in favour of banning video links that aren't publicly visible (e.g. you have to be 'friends' with the uploader first to see it), but there's no need to ban ThisVid overall. We just need to ask people to not share links to private videos. 

That may be the best option.  

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...