Mums let sons pee outside but daughters have to hold it?

• 1 month later...

I don't encourage my two daughters to pee outside, I'd rather they used the toilet but if they really need to go and they can't wait I will find somewhere for them to squat, as hidden as possible. I'd do the same if I had a son. I'm not going to encourage them to pee outside if there's a perfectly good toilet available, but I don't mind if they need to do it. 

• Agree 2
On 10/23/2021 at 8:20 PM, Sophie said:

I don't encourage my two daughters to pee outside, I'd rather they used the toilet but if they really need to go and they can't wait I will find somewhere for them to squat, as hidden as possible. I'd do the same if I had a son. I'm not going to encourage them to pee outside if there's a perfectly good toilet available, but I don't mind if they need to do it. 

This is the right attitude to have in my opinion. I don't think it's right when parents let their kids pee in public for convenience if there's a toilet nearby they can use. But they shouldn't be made to hold it if there isn't one available just because they are a girl and it's a bit more difficult and not quite as discrete as for a boy.

Being comfortable with going outside is important as it allows them to go for long walks in the country etc without worrying about the lack of toilets. I wonder how many girls avoid long outdoor walks, wild camps etc once they are adults because their parents made them feel that peeing outside is wrong?

I'm sure your attitude has made it easier for your girls when they needed to pee with no toilet nearby? Being OK with going outside, knowing how to squat etc.

• Love 1

It wasn’t exactly encouraged, but if I did really need to go, my mom would help me and my siblings find a concealed area to do my business, which I really appreciated. From an outside standpoint, it’s easy to say “ew they’re peeing outside, perverts” but if you are a mom then you’ll do anything to prevent an accident, and I’m thankful my mom was like that too.

• Like 2
On 10/25/2021 at 8:11 PM, littlebladder said:

This is the right attitude to have in my opinion. I don't think it's right when parents let their kids pee in public for convenience if there's a toilet nearby they can use. But they shouldn't be made to hold it if there isn't one available just because they are a girl and it's a bit more difficult and not quite as discrete as for a boy.

Being comfortable with going outside is important as it allows them to go for long walks in the country etc without worrying about the lack of toilets. I wonder how many girls avoid long outdoor walks, wild camps etc once they are adults because their parents made them feel that peeing outside is wrong?

I'm sure your attitude has made it easier for your girls when they needed to pee with no toilet nearby? Being OK with going outside, knowing how to squat etc.

Or knowing how to stand and aim like a dude. Yes it's possible don't ask how I know. If you're on this site, you already know the answer to that. 😉

On 9/7/2021 at 3:52 PM, Peevert said:

That is an excellent question and one I have wondered about myself.  For one thing, as a child, I never wet the bed.  Not once.  Was I deprived of some instinctive need to pee in bed?  

Also, may she RIP, my maternal grandmother, who was responsible for much of my early years (Mom and Dad worked full time) was a piss Nazi.  Using manipulation and guilt over minor things like peeing a little in my pants.  Perhaps I didn't get to explore normal childhood wetting.  

Bottom line is I don't know why I'm a pee perv, but I wonder if these childhood issues were the cause.   Or at least a contributing factor.   

Maybe we are just destined to have a pee fetish, sometimes a pee fetish might just sorta happens without anything particularly causing it.

• Like 1

When I was a kid, my brother and I were rarely encouraged to pee outside as it was inappropriate. But I always saw so many others peeing in parks freely, I guess I got kind of jealous lol I always found it intriguing and now I can make up to those times of not being able to pee outside. But still I need to be careful as getting caught would be traumatic for me lol

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Peevert said:

I've always felt that things like homosexuality and fetishes are caused by things that occur early in life.  Maybe I took one too many psychology classes. 🙂

Or maybe it’s in our DNA and we just start playing in our early years 🤷🏼‍♀️

On 10/29/2021 at 12:08 AM, SnakeFace said:

Maybe we are just destined to have a pee fetish, sometimes a pee fetish might just sorta happens without anything particularly causing it.

I would always get uncomfortable when the topic of pee came up as a kid. And then there was this book about the human body where I would secretly spend time looking at the "drinking and peeing" page.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ms. Tito said:

I would always get uncomfortable when the topic of pee came up as a kid. And then there was this book about the human body where I would secretly spend time looking at the "drinking and peeing" page.

This reminds me, I do remember a picture from one of the earliest body books I had. It showed a person holding a glass of water up to his or her mouth and drinking, and then showed the kidneys and bladder inside the body with a yellow line coming out of it as the urethra. I say "person" because you couldn't tell for sure from the head if it was a boy or girl, it was probably drawn that way on purpose, and the urethra just ended abruptly somewhere vaguely above the legs with no genitals shown. I personally thought it looked like a boy but wasn't sure.

There was another page about the difference between boys and girls that showed the internal reproductive organs and a kind of stylized outline of the external ones, which I know about from looking at the book later when I was older, before we either gave it away of (less likely) put it in a box somewhere. I don't remember even noticing this page when I first read the book as a kid, though--maybe unlike peeing it didn't relate to anything I experienced in day to day life, and as I say the genitals were stylized so not realistic looking at all. Of course later I got books with a lot more detail, both about the excretory and the reproductive systems.

18 hours ago, Shybabe said:

When I was a kid, my brother and I were rarely encouraged to pee outside as it was inappropriate. But I always saw so many others peeing in parks freely, I guess I got kind of jealous lol

Do you think your parents were unusually strict?

1 hour ago, oliver2 said:

Do you think your parents were unusually strict?

Hmm, I wouldn't call it strict, just wanted to raise proper children, I guess... But they were unfair in certain situations.

I remember one time I was around 5, my younger brother had his "girlfriend" (let's call her Natalie) over and her older sister was my best friend. Ok so well, our mom was watching over us we were in the kiddie pool in our yard. It was about lunch time so it was time to get out of the pool. We all exited the pool at the same time and my mom was drying us off with a towel. Natalie said she needed to pee so my mom said let me dry you up so you can go pee (presumably meaning go to the loo). But no,  Natalie just stepped off the towel and peed standing up a couple of steps away. I still vividly remember thick yellow stream comming out between her legs. I was furious (lol we were all kids) because I had to use the toilet and that "intruder" had the audacity to pee so freely in my yard. I was mad for rest of the day.

The following day, I made sure to drink plenty of water. I was outside in our yard, with my family and said I needed to pee. My parents told me to come inside and pee. I wanted to hold and continue playing. Once they all came inside I took of my shorts and undies and peed on the exact same spot as Natalie did lol marked my territory. I came inside half an hour later and my parents told me to go pee, and I said I already did. They were mad I peed in the yard so I lied and told them I peed in grandma's bathroom... 

• Like 1
  • Cheeky 1
  • Agree 1