Favorite pee story from the news?

• 1 year later...
On 8/23/2022 at 9:10 AM, gldenwetgoose said:

I've just been thinking a little more about this news story ^^^ of the British lady who allegedly pissed in a shop changing cubicle when drunk...

The general outline makes it seem that she probably did - but at the same time the accusation seems like it's been embellished up a little.  I mean, they say she's been drinking and has asked to use a bathroom.  When they've told her no, she's gone into the cubicle without any clothes to try on and then staff have found a puddle.

But shop staff 'saw a puddle of what smelled like urine'...

Now I'm a bit of an expert of both pissing when drunk and smelling urine - I suspect many of us are.  Has anyone ever noticed a smell directly after pissing?  I don't mean in a car park stairwell that reeks of stale piss, I don't mean after a day or so.  Right at the time.  A well hydrated puddle of fresh pee?    Seems to me like the shop staff are building up the case against her a little -  even though if I had to sit on a jury I'd probably conclude that in a moment of alcohol-impaired judgement she may have reasoned that if they wouldn't let her use a toilet then that was the alternative.  That or she was already leaking and didn't want a full on wetting.

The most criminal thing about the whole situation seems to be a cleaning company charging nearly £500 to mop up a wooden floor.  Nice earnings if you can get them.

And ... she keeps her job 🙂 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-62658827 

image.thumb.png.203047c270f3f40b36211753fe7e1208.png

• Love 1

As a Dutchie there is only one obvious answer for me. It was some 4 or 5 years ago when a woman got fined for peeing in an alley after a night out in Amsterdam. She took it to court, as she argued that the fine was sexist as there were at the time 40 public urinals for men (I mean the ones in the picture which can be sunk into the ground when not needed. There are loads of these urinals here in bar areas and they are usually only up during weekends) available in the area and only 2 for women, of which the closest was 2 kilometers away. So far, so good. There were a couple of smaller news items about it, she had an interview in a major Dutch talkshow, but that was that.

That was, untill the court case was done. The judge had ruled against this woman. He had arguments like "peeing in public is peeing in public, it's always illegal, so this fine is correct and you'll have to pay", "men get these public urinals because they pee in public often, you're only the 2nd woman in my courtroom in 30 years of me doing this job, so women don't pee in public, so no public toilets for women are needed" and "it might not be handy, but you could have used the urinals". As soon as the news item about the court case was in the papers, there was a massive outrage amongst women all over the country. The general opinion was that this judge basically says that men get awarded with toilets for doing illegal stuff, while women get punished for staying decent and that he probably didn't have a wife as he clearly didn't understand anything about the female anatomy.

It became a massive, massive argument, with headlines all over the paper almost every day. A lot of women wanted to protest against this, by peeing in public as much as possible to get the same "award" as men got. A group of women even founded an official committee to organise an event in Amsterdam, where they were planning to pee in a urinal to show the judge this was impossible for women. This event got so much interest, with thousands and thousands of women declaring they would be coming. Eventually the committee had to cancel the event due to this massive interest, but they instead encouraged women all over the country to try and pee in a urinal and share the results on social media. And there was a small protest in Amsterdam after all, where a group of women had printed the judge's verdict and peed all over it.

Soon after this protest and the social media hashtag (which was #zeikwijf for anybody interested. Probably #actiezeikwijf and #wildplasgate will also get some hits, and ofcourse #wildplassen as well, but "wildplassen" is just the general Dutch word for peeing in public so not geared towards this protest) that was set up the attention quickly died down, but it was a pleasure to follow the news those days😁

image.png.f88e0a940c1636b623ebee256736ebfb.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, JDG said:

As a Dutchie there is only one obvious answer for me. It was some 4 or 5 years ago when a woman got fined for peeing in an alley after a night out in Amsterdam. She took it to court, as she argued that the fine was sexist as there were at the time 40 public urinals for men (I mean the ones in the picture which can be sunk into the ground when not needed. There are loads of these urinals here in bar areas and they are usually only up during weekends) available in the area and only 2 for women, of which the closest was 2 kilometers away. So far, so good. There were a couple of smaller news items about it, she had an interview in a major Dutch talkshow, but that was that.

That was, untill the court case was done. The judge had ruled against this woman. He had arguments like "peeing in public is peeing in public, it's always illegal, so this fine is correct and you'll have to pay", "men get these public urinals because they pee in public often, you're only the 2nd woman in my courtroom in 30 years of me doing this job, so women don't pee in public, so no public toilets for women are needed" and "it might not be handy, but you could have used the urinals". As soon as the news item about the court case was in the papers, there was a massive outrage amongst women all over the country. The general opinion was that this judge basically says that men get awarded with toilets for doing illegal stuff, while women get punished for staying decent and that he probably didn't have a wife as he clearly didn't understand anything about the female anatomy.

It became a massive, massive argument, with headlines all over the paper almost every day. A lot of women wanted to protest against this, by peeing in public as much as possible to get the same "award" as men got. A group of women even founded an official committee to organise an event in Amsterdam, where they were planning to pee in a urinal to show the judge this was impossible for women. This event got so much interest, with thousands and thousands of women declaring they would be coming. Eventually the committee had to cancel the event due to this massive interest, but they instead encouraged women all over the country to try and pee in a urinal and share the results on social media. And there was a small protest in Amsterdam after all, where a group of women had printed the judge's verdict and peed all over it.

Soon after this protest and the social media hashtag (which was #zeikwijf for anybody interested. Probably #actiezeikwijf and #wildplasgate will also get some hits, and ofcourse #wildplassen as well, but "wildplassen" is just the general Dutch word for peeing in public so not geared towards this protest) that was set up the attention quickly died down, but it was a pleasure to follow the news those days😁

image.png.f88e0a940c1636b623ebee256736ebfb.png

Everyone should pee in public without being judged because of your gender and what not. 

• Agree 1