Peeing at a railway station?

2 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Can't think of any other reason for that behaviour - especially as it was a dark area and the timing was about right for a wee break.

I used to know someone who was a guard on the railway and she was on a train out of Waterloo late one Friday evening.  The toilets were out of action and multiple people were complaining to her about the lack of toilets.  She went on the PA system and announced to the train that she was sorry for the lack of available toilets on the train and understood that several people were in need.   She said that she would hold the train at Clapham Junction to allow them to find their relief, but that she couldn't hold the train for more than 3 minutes, so people would need to make use of the facilities on the platform as there wouldn't be time to get to the toilets and back!   When the train pulled into Clapham, apparently at least 20 people got off the train and peed on the platform - men and women.   I would have loved to have seen that.

I would certainly have loved to have seen that as well.  Thank you for the story

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Can't think of any other reason for that behaviour - especially as it was a dark area and the timing was about right for a wee break.

I used to know someone who was a guard on the railway and she was on a train out of Waterloo late one Friday evening.  The toilets were out of action and multiple people were complaining to her about the lack of toilets.  She went on the PA system and announced to the train that she was sorry for the lack of available toilets on the train and understood that several people were in need.   She said that she would hold the train at Clapham Junction to allow them to find their relief, but that she couldn't hold the train for more than 3 minutes, so people would need to make use of the facilities on the platform as there wouldn't be time to get to the toilets and back!   When the train pulled into Clapham, apparently at least 20 people got off the train and peed on the platform - men and women.   I would have loved to have seen that.

Fuuuuck that's amazing. I love when employees are sympathetic to customers or passengers needing to pee and saying "Just go here, I won't tell anyone."

We stan a queen.

Edited by Ms. Tito
  • Like 2
  • Hot 1
6 hours ago, Ms. Tito said:

Fuuuuck that's amazing. I love when employees are sympathetic to customers or passengers needing to pee and saying "Just go here, I won't tell anyone."

We stan a queen.

She was totally fine with it and just thought it was funny.   Which makes me wonder whether she is not averse to peeing outside herself when the need arises.   I don't know what the people managing the station CCTV would have thought when the train pulled in and all these people got off the train to pee on the platform and then got back on.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 2 years later...
On 7/8/2021 at 7:06 AM, steamlover6 said:

In the early days of Victorian train travel trains would stop at intermediate stations on long journeys for passengers to relieve themselves on the platforms. Trains had no toilets or corridors in those days, I have a well informed book on the very subject! Men used to march towards the end of the platforms facing into the distance while ladies just stood on the platforms and let it all go under their long flowing skirts, with or without knickers! So the Clapham Junction experience is only history repeating itself, but this time with a special appeal to our members here!

What book is this? I'd love to read it. 

On 7/8/2021 at 12:06 PM, steamlover6 said:

In the early days of Victorian train travel trains would stop at intermediate stations on long journeys for passengers to relieve themselves on the platforms. Trains had no toilets or corridors in those days, I have a well informed book on the very subject! Men used to march towards the end of the platforms facing into the distance while ladies just stood on the platforms and let it all go under their long flowing skirts, with or without knickers! So the Clapham Junction experience is only history repeating itself, but this time with a special appeal to our members here!

I would love to know which book this is.  Please let me know @steamlover6

On 7/8/2021 at 7:06 PM, steamlover6 said:

I would like to know the name of the book if possible.