Apologies for reposts.

I was going to say this in the staff room area accessible only to mods and admin, but decided instead to say it more publicly to everyone.

I have today been going through a number of my pic threads, which I rarely ever do. I mostly just post them and move on, perhaps storing only the very best on my storage device. But what I rather depressingly discovered was that many of the same pics, posted time after time by me, kept recurring. Sometimes during the course of an entire thread, admittedly covering many years with many pages, I came across the same pic posted by me maybe half a dozen times.

This has not been deliberate. I genuinely forget most of the pics I post, so when I find the same pic again I do not realise I have posted it already so post it again. And I keep doing it. I have only become aware of it due to spending time looking back through some of the threads and finding myself seeing some of the same pics over and over.

All I can say is sorry guys. Short of finding a magic memory pill to take I don't know how to avoid doing this. If I see a pic that looks new to me because I have forgotten posting it before, then I'll end up posting it again.

I could post a lot less, only posting pics I am absolutely certain are new. Should I do this or are members happy for me to continue as I am?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

I was going to say this in the staff room area accessible only to mods and admin, but decided instead to say it more publicly to everyone.

I have today bee going through a number of my pic threads, which I rarely ever do. I mostly just post them and move on, perhaps storing only the very best on my storage device. But what I rather depressingly discovered was that many of the same pics, posted time after time by me, kept recurring. Sometimes during the course of an entire thread, admittedly covering many years with many pages, I came across the same pic posted by me maybe half a dozen times.

This has not been deliberate. I genuinely forget most of the pics I post, so when I find the same pic again I do not realise I have posted it already so post it again. And I keep doing it. I have only become aware of it due to spending time looking back through some of the threads and finding myself seeing some of the same pics over and over.

All I can say is sorry guys. Short of finding a magic memory pill to take I don't know how to avoid doing this. If I see a pic that looks new to me because I have forgotten posting it before, then I'll end up posting it again.

I could post a lot less, only posting pics I am absolutely certain are new. Should I do this or are members happy for me to continue as I am?

You post a huge amount of stuff on here, all of it great content! 😄 At the end of the day, we all forget stuff, so you definitely don't need to appologise. 😄 Not to mention that new members might not have seen the older stuff anyway. 😄

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

As other people have commented, doesn’t sound like a big issue. When I’ve had my grumbles it’s over people posting the same, it’s about the same very recently posted images - not same as the occasional previously seen picture. 

When you’ve got as many images in your library @steve25805 I guess all you could do is copy posted images into a new folder on your computer - and each time you post a pic copy it in. If it’s a duplicate your computer would tell you - but I really don’t think that’s necessary. 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, muffinhuntr said:

What I dislike is having the same pic posted twice or more in a row.

Remember it’s a known site ‘feature’ (bug) that some of the old pages seem to duplicate every picture - but life’s too short to go through editing everything. Sorry. 

20 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Remember it’s a known site ‘feature’ (bug) that some of the old pages seem to duplicate every picture - but life’s too short to go through editing everything. Sorry. 

Well! No time for endless editing? I'm shocked! LOL

• Haha 1
On 6/20/2021 at 5:57 AM, steve25805 said:

No problem Steve.   I suspect I may have done the same thing in one or two of my own threads.

I have also noticed that other people sometimes post duplicates in my threads - images I already posted in that thread.  I never complain about it,  because it's just not practical for anyone to check all the images in a long thread before posting.

I'm always pleased to see the great images you post,  and the occasional duplicate does not trouble me at all.

• Thanks 1