Washing Hands After Peeing?

I’ve recently been talking to some people, also into watersports, and at some point, the conversation turned to whether our peeing habits differed in public toilets as compared to at home — apparently, most of the women I was talking to only wash their hands after a pee in public toilets, and only when others are around. Conversely, the men tended to forego washing their hands in public toilets, regardless of the presence of others, but would wash after a pee at home. When I asked why, most of the answers by the men indicated it was because most of them peed into the sink for convenience at home, and since it was right there anyway...

However, the women found that going through an extra step after just a pee, when their hands don’t even touch anything (either there’s a tissue between their hands and their pussies or they don’t wipe and therefore truly touch nothing), was just a bother and only worth doing when others were around to observe. (Apparently, women are quicker to judge than men when they see someone not like ash their hands.) 

So I‘m just wondering whether the same applies here — do you wash your hands every time after you pee, only when you’re under observation by others (such as a public toilet with other users), or only at home? Or does it vary? If it does, what does it depend on? Don’t worry, I can’t judge here — I’m into it when a woman doesn’t wash her hands for whatever reason haha. 

As for myself, I wash my hands in public toilets and at home, the only exception being when I plan to jerk off immediately afterwards. 

what about you guys?

• Like 2

I vary quite a lot when it comes to washing hands if I’m honest.

At home I sometimes do and sometimes don’t, mainly if certain family members are around I feel obligated to or if I’m going to be eating after.

In public toilets I definitely wash my hands.

Obviously when having a pee outside there’s  no sinks around so no one excepts you to wash your hands which I find interesting.

Some people who except you to wash your hands after going in a toilet change their tune if it’s outside, I don’t understand how that works.

Does anyone think that it’s just because the sink isn’t there or is it because somehow going outside makes it more clean? Or maybe since you’re breaking the rules anyways by peeing outside they think that breaking the hand washing rule doesn’t matter either?

I wash my hands in and out of home for sure since I wipe every time i pee 😝 but if I have a naughty pee that prevents me from touching myself then I won't. IE: no panties, squat, pee, stand up and go lol. 

• Like 3

I am a straight single male, my penis is the most throughly washed part of my body. If I am not touching anything else in the process I'll skip the hand washing. 

If I have to touch a door or at work where opinion matters I wash. 2020 has me a hand sanitizer freak though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
8 hours ago, F0rester said:

I am a straight single male, my penis is the most throughly washed part of my body. If I am not touching anything else in the process I'll skip the hand washing.

Unfortunately it's kept in your pants or underwear, one of the most humid environments on your body and right by your anus which expels tiny particles of feces if you ever fart. So your penis is held in this ideal environment for bacteria all day, unless you're a nudist. (Which I don't mean to be a lecture or anything, if you still don't want to wash your hands that's fine. Just want to clarify that in case you are actually concerned about cleanliness and just don't realize this, as many people don't.)

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Sophie said:

I always, always wash my hands when I can. In public toilets I think it's extra important because you never know who else has touched the flush, the door lock etc. I guess it's less important for guys because they can use a urinal. I even use those awful all in one hand wash thingies where it pees on your hands , dribbles a tiny amount of soap, pees on them again and then tries to dry them with the force of an asthmatic gnat. 

automated-hand-washer-dryer-in-public-to

At home I still wash my hands even after a quick wee. Everything I touch is relatively clean (it is still a bathroom after all) but it is deeply ingrained in my mind to wash my hands after using the toilet. 

I always wash my hands well after being to the toilet in public facilities or at home

I know what you mean about those automatic washer and dryers Sophie they do feel like they are peeing on your hands, as for the drying stage you might as well blow on your own hands, they are useless hahaha! 

• Like 2

Interesting how views differ.   Personally I wash my hands several times through the day, but not necessarily after peeing.   I kind of work on the principle that if my dick is clean enough that my wife is happy for it to go in her mouth then I can't see it being a problem when I touch it.  Similarly I sometimes lick my wife after she has peed, so washing my hands after peeing seems somewhat redundant.   Sometimes I wash my hands BEFORE peeing - particularly if I have been doing some dusty or oily job and I would rather clean my hands before touching my dick.  A lot of the time I pee outside when I can, so I don't get the chance to wash them then anyway.   

In public toilets it depends on the toilet.  In generally clean toilets I do tend to wash my hands in case I've touched anything.   However in dirtier toilets I either avoid going in at all, preferring to pee outside, or if there is not a physical outer door, I go in, don't touch anything, pee and come out all without touching anything including the taps.   If it has an outer door that I have to open then I try and use my foot for that and try to use tissue to open the door on the way out.  I then sanitise my hands AFTER leaving the room.   The idea of washing hands and then touching the door seems pointless as you don't know what is on the door.

My general ethos is that you get bacteria whatever you touch and as long as you clean hands at reasonable intervals then you should be OK and it is not a bad thing to have exposure to some bacteria as it keeps the immune system healthy.    

• Agree 1
16 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Interesting how views differ.   Personally I wash my hands several times through the day, but not necessarily after peeing.   I kind of work on the principle that if my dick is clean enough that my wife is happy for it to go in her mouth then I can't see it being a problem when I touch it.  Similarly I sometimes lick my wife after she has peed, so washing my hands after peeing seems somewhat redundant.   Sometimes I wash my hands BEFORE peeing - particularly if I have been doing some dusty or oily job and I would rather clean my hands before touching my dick.  A lot of the time I pee outside when I can, so I don't get the chance to wash them then anyway.   

In public toilets it depends on the toilet.  In generally clean toilets I do tend to wash my hands in case I've touched anything.   However in dirtier toilets I either avoid going in at all, preferring to pee outside, or if there is not a physical outer door, I go in, don't touch anything, pee and come out all without touching anything including the taps.   If it has an outer door that I have to open then I try and use my foot for that and try to use tissue to open the door on the way out.  I then sanitise my hands AFTER leaving the room.   The idea of washing hands and then touching the door seems pointless as you don't know what is on the door.

My general ethos is that you get bacteria whatever you touch and as long as you clean hands at reasonable intervals then you should be OK and it is not a bad thing to have exposure to some bacteria as it keeps the immune system healthy.    

This makes a lot of sense — probably more than washing after you pee every time to be honest. 

On 6/14/2021 at 8:40 AM, Girllikespee said:

I wash my hands in public toilets, mostly because I'm touching surfaces other people have to touch too. At home I don't bother when I pee.

In that case, what’s your process when peeing at home (in the toilet)? Like, do you sit down on the toilet, pee, wipe, flush and leave? Or do you forego the wipe? 

• Agree 1

I work in a hospital. I’m practically compelled to wash my hands at any sink I see at this point. Did I wash my hands not 5 minutes ago? Yes. Will I wash them again? Also yes.

I can basically no longer forget at this point. 

I always wash my hands when I pee in the bathroom, home and public restrooms. In public restrooms you have to touch the door to enter in some, others you have to touch the door to exit which is when I use tissue because so many people don’t wash or half wash their hands. 

For the women who don’t wash hands in public restroom, they have touched the stall door to close it and the latch to lock it. Maybe if they pee in public and there’s no stall door to close then the only thing they couch is the napkins they wipe with, then maybe they can get away with not washing hands. 

• 2 weeks later...

Always wash in public toilets, if I end up having to touch the door or use the stall so I try and use the urial and ninja out of the door when ever someone comes in or out XD. Otherwise I just use my tissue to open then hand gel after if I got it on me at the time. So this is why I try and avoid at all cost. 

I usually only wash right after peeing if I'm in public, at home it's only as needed, like in the kitchen or where it's a health hazard. As a society I feel like we go way overboard with hand washing in general, especially hand sanitizer (more so high alcohol based ones) as a replacement, really not good for your skin's natural helpful bacteria and the skin itself. Same goes for excessive hand washing. I've never had my hands damaged in the way repeated (like every 5 minutes) washing does after working in a kitchen, especially in winter. 

And I'm with Alfresco, definitely some situations where I wash BEFORE peeing and not necessarily after.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...