Site Error / Bug Text colour issue on Dark Theme

This is an issue I have noticed previously but I haven't had the opportunity to share a screenshot for various reasons.

When things have been copied and then pasted with the default rich text (instead of selecting paste as plain text) they retain their font colours. That's not an issue except for when using the dark theme. The font keeps it's default black colour but it is on a dark background so it's incredibly difficult to read. 

578205843_Screenshotfrom2021-06-1021-17-41.thumb.png.b9a27c8f47342f60a50e3e1e83b71800.png

and here you can see Cheekyfe11a has copied and pasted non-Euclidean geometry (I don't blame him it's hard to spell!)

263695664_Screenshotfrom2021-06-1021-22-32.thumb.png.832ee478250cf10b914a47d02aa47211.png

https://peefans.com/topic/11824-post-funny-stuff-here/page/45/?tab=comments#comment-271210

• Thanks 1

Agreed, although I'm not sure this is possible to fix. 

As you pointed out, pasting in plain text is always the best way to go so that there's no colour properties attached, and then the system can change the colour accordingly. 

7 hours ago, Admin said:

Agreed, although I'm not sure this is possible to fix. 

As you pointed out, pasting in plain text is always the best way to go so that there's no colour properties attached, and then the system can change the colour accordingly. 

Is it possible to just have it always paste in plain text? I'm guessing not. 

Just as an addition - I'm sure you are aware, but the same issue affects private messages as well as forum posts. I have had a correspondent point it out to me when I'd crafted a message in Word then cut and pasted not as plain text. I know better now 🙂 

2 hours ago, Sophie said:

Is it possible to just have it always paste in plain text? I'm guessing not. 

The paste / paste as plain text option is a browser option, not a forum option. So as far as I know that's not possible. And if we restricted the editor to plain text only, it would mean people couldn't use different colours/fonts etc. 

I'll have a look soon if there's a workaround but I'm not sure there will be (other than pasting as plain text). 

As a moderator, if you see it with any stories / long blocks of text posted like that, feel free to cut the message and re-paste it as plain text. 

• Thanks 1