The Girl Next Door (I Hope I'm Right)

Guest UnabashedUser
4 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Instead I collected my token off the hook

Your choice of can's is determined by a higher authority who issues tokens? Is this a general rule in your country, or company?

7 minutes ago, UnabashedUser said:

Your choice of can's is determined by a higher authority who issues tokens? Is this a general rule in your country, or company?

It does sound ridiculous doesn't it.  But the logic is to minimise close contact and airborne distribution of the covid virus to others within the fairly small four-walled area of the bathroom.

So instead of 80 guys using a bathroom with four stalls and eight urinals, there are currently only maybe a dozen guys working in the building and only two people allowed in at one time.  So there's a board outside with two hooks on it.  If both hooks have tokens on them then use the disabled instead.  Similar for the ladies, only as there are very few ladies they're only given one hook to put a token on.  (We don't have to go and ask permission to piss).

A couple of weeks ago we stayed on a campsite, and the national association the runs sites up and down the country is using exactly the same measure - a maximum capacity of 4 people in each bathroom and controlled using a token system.

21 minutes ago, LoveTheTinkle said:

And if your employer is anything like mine, even hinting at what happened could lead to a sexual harassment claim.  (Ironically, I just finished the annual corporate training about that exact subject 15 minutes ago).

Absolutely - this is a scenario which is staying very much within the confines of my mind - oh, and a few other people on here. Names have been changed too to protect those who may (to a greater or lesser extent) be innocent.

I'd guess your corporate training is a dull online module, but in the old days of face to face meetings with worked examples to be role-played out, I'm love to be a fly on the wall discussing this scenario lol.  It'd be an interesting topic for sure).

I love these scenarios.   If that were me in your position I'd be really enjoying what I believed to have just happened, but also continually frustrating myself over whether what I believed was true and also as to what the reasoning was for a lady using the gents - especially as it was unlikely that both the ladies and the disabled were occupied.   As you say, the sounds are completely different, so chances are that it was the lady.   You've spotted the same trainers, so that even further supports the theory.   It is almost conclusive that it was indeed Maria.

Then I would be wondering why she chose to go in the gents when she could obviously see by the token that there was someone already in there - she would not have known whether they were in the stalls or at a urinal and when she discovered that the cubicle was occupied, she chose to use the one next to the occupied one.

My mind would now be wondering whether she actually WANTED you to hear and maybe even had been watching and knew that it was you that had gone in before her.  Maybe she was hoping to catch someone at the urinal and blurt out an excuse about the ladies being occupied?   Probably none of the above, but that is just the way my mind would be heading.

I think if it were me, then I definitely would have found a way to see who came out of the toilets after me.   From what you said, she was already dressed when you went to the sink, so I agree that she was waiting for you to leave.  She was probably already dressed and then sat back down on the toilet.   I might have considered making various noise at the sink and then drying hands, then going out and coming back in quietly and standing at the urinal or I may have tried staying in the stairwell on the phone like you suggested or even going back into the main office but staying where I could see the door to the stairwell, so at least you could see who was next to come back into the office.

Another interesting point - you didn't mention any sound of pulling off toilet paper or wiping.  Did she not wipe? 

I wonder what she was feeling?    Did she do it for the risk or because she wanted to be in the men's or did she just do it for convenience?  Either way, did she have the adrenaline rushing through her as she was panicking about  being discovered? 

I don't know whether you are able to see her desk when you are both in the office and appreciate that you possible aren't both there at the same time very often, but maybe you should keep an eye out and if she heads for the toilets in future, that might be a good time to go yourself and you may find out whether she repeats the experience.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DrownMeQuick said:

Great story, well told.  I definitely would have been the perv loitering at the stairwell with a phone on my ear.

But wait, you're not supposed to peek at the urinals?

Ha ha - you're very welcome to peek when at a urinal any time you like.  I was just having a bit of fun with that statement of course, especially after various comments on the subject just of late.  But it's that guy thing of personal space. Usually if a urinal or stall is occupied then the next person leaves a gap, just as parking your car in a near empty car park and then finding someone has parked almost touching door handles.

• Agree 1
On 5/13/2021 at 2:55 PM, gldenwetgoose said:

Usually if a urinal or stall is occupied then the next person leaves a gap, just as parking your car in a near empty car park and then finding someone has parked almost touching door handles.

Parking cars in adjacent spaces in half empty car parks annoys me more than than people standing next to me at urinals.   Why do that? I can’t see any reason at all for parking right next to another car when there are loads of empty spaces.   It is just inconsiderate, making it harder to get into the car and risks damage to either car.   I often park a distance from the shop entrances, making sure there are plenty of spaces between me and the shops and STILL come back to find somebody parked so close that I have to hold my hand on the edge of the door to stop it hitting the next car and then be a contortionist to get in.

I may find it slightly odd if someone stands shoulder to shoulder with me at the urinals when there are plenty of spares, but it doesn’t annoy me like the car parking!

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2