Would you be comfortable using these facilities?

Guest UnabashedUser

Guest UnabashedUser
2 hours ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Is this a unisex set up? Never seen anything like it in my albeit limited travels.

Picture is from a US Army barracks.

As Alfresco says, if you're just peeing, it wouldn't be much different to using a urinal. Otherwise, I'd only use the facilities if I was desperate. One thing I noticed is that there are no toilet paper holders next to the toilets, and only two rolls on the ledge behind the toilets.

For peeing no problem.  But for other business no.   Most people already don’t like doing that in public prefer the comfort of their own home.  Only in emergency.  I would not like to do that in front of everyone.  Hell I’ve never done that in front of anyone including my husband.  

It is not that much different to some USA toilet cubicals where there is a 2" gap between the cubical panels anyway so anyone can see what you are doing whether they want to see or not!

EK9ILW9WkAEFdhK.jpg 

The gaps round this one are quite conservative to some I have visited. 

• Agree 1
On 4/23/2021 at 1:39 AM, Paulypeeps said:

It is not that much different to some USA toilet cubicals where there is a 2" gap between the cubical panels anyway so anyone can see what you are doing whether they want to see or not!

EK9ILW9WkAEFdhK.jpg 

The gaps round this one are quite conservative to some I have visited. 

This something the men in my office deemed an absolute necessity. Wouldn't be uncommon to go into a stall and find toilet paper draped over the gaps, they eventually installed rubber down the gap edges. Overall I've never met co-workers this insecure. Then again I'm used to much worse facilities and have often propped outhouse doors open while using them.

And it's funny that the men complain about this because I've seen the women's bathroom and it's much worse in just straight up terms of usability. 

But in this situation, there's still the urinal troughs and I'd be hesitant at first to use the toilets and would probably consider other options if they were available to me, but at the end of the day everyone poops and pees.

Edited by Vassal
On 4/23/2021 at 1:11 AM, Sweets said:

For peeing no problem.  But for other business no.   Most people already don’t like doing that in public prefer the comfort of their own home.  Only in emergency.  I would not like to do that in front of everyone.  Hell I’ve never done that in front of anyone including my husband.  

Same. I don't even like doing it at home. I wish all the waste in my body was just magically converted into pee.