Official News YOU Now Control The Design (aka 'Why Isn't PeeFans Yellow?')

Have to say, about five minutes in and I’m loving the new layout. 

The option ‘Sticky Author Panel’ for anyone who hasn’t worked it out is on a desktop, when you have a long post (like a thread of pictures) to keep the author’s details visible on the left. Useful.

Also loving the quick access bar at the bottom of the mobile screen. 

One suggestion... on the mobile layout in day mode, when the main menu is visible, the Video Gallery link shows in yellow on white, so not very readable:

CCDEF2E1-C187-42EC-A46A-3A85A2108174.png

• Love 1

I love this sleek new design! I had to change the color to the purple-ish one tho cause that's my favorite color. At least now when I'm sneaking on in class my classmates won't see the yellow reflecting in my glasses lol! Thanks for looking out for us @admin and team! 

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Now you've all had chance to test out the light and dark modes, along with the different colours/designs, I'd be intrigued to know what your favourite is? 

25 minutes ago, Admin said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Now you've all had chance to test out the light and dark modes, along with the different colours/designs, I'd be intrigued to know what your favourite is? 

I'm generally not a fan of dark modes, so after trying it out for a few minutes I returned to the default setting (purple fade). I like it!

• Like 1

I was a bit thrown at first but I understand that a lot of people for some reason don't like yellow!  Obviously there was the connection with the colour!  I'm one of the few people it seems that actually like yellow cars!  Anyway anything that lets you personalize stuff is a good call!

1 minute ago, Jason Basin said:

I was a bit thrown at first but I understand that a lot of people for some reason don't like yellow!  Obviously there was the connection with the colour!  I'm one of the few people it seems that actually like yellow cars!  Anyway anything that lets you personalize stuff is a good call!

You can still set it to yellow or gold using the button in the navigation bar. 🙂  

17 minutes ago, CON2H4 said:

Sorry to be a downer, but it seems that ever since the redesign, I haven't been able to browse peefans in mobile without my phone going awry. like every process shutting down awry.

When you say awry, what kind of thing is happening exactly? Could you maybe give a screenshot? Or do you mean the site is literally crashing and shutting the window down? 

The only thing I can think of is you need to clear your cache. 

On 2/7/2021 at 6:20 PM, Girllikespee said:

Is there any way to keep the colour setting when logging out? Each time I log in I need to change it from the default to the colour of my choice (I set it to yellow because it's familiar!)

Do you browse the site incognito? I believe the setting is stored in a cookie, so if your settings are to clear cookies when you close a window (which is what happens automatically in incognito mode) that would explain it. 

On 2/7/2021 at 6:20 PM, Girllikespee said:

Is there any way to keep the colour setting when logging out? Each time I log in I need to change it from the default to the colour of my choice (I set it to yellow because it's familiar!)

I have just noticed the same thing.  I have to go into light mode and then choose 'Golden Pee' Which works but like you said - I have to do it every time I log in!!!!

On 2/8/2021 at 6:32 PM, Admin said:

When you say awry, what kind of thing is happening exactly? Could you maybe give a screenshot? Or do you mean the site is literally crashing and shutting the window down? 

The only thing I can think of is you need to clear your cache. 

Yh, I probably should have been clearer.

basically three things happen when I use peefans on mobile. Either a background process such as my vpn or my screen filter suddenly stops, or the browser itself suddenly shuts down. The system itself manages regardless so no crashed system.

I have tried clearing the cache. The browser I use is duckduckgo mobile browser, it is literally designed with clearing data in mind so yes I have tried clearing cache. I have also tried using google chrome. Either way the results are the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey admins! Haven't been here in awhile; sorry. The blue did catch me off guard but granted it is easier on the eyes. I like how you gave us the option to choose which colours we'd like; very cool! I also applaud the new layout; looks "modern". Keep up the outstanding task of keeping the website "flowing"; yes pun intended. 

Cheers!

Pee happy!:peeing-in-the-snow:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Testing out a few different background options (available via toggle icon in the navigation).

Personally, I'm quite liking the new 'Mountains' option for dark mode, and 'Geo Rainbow' option for light mode. Best viewed on desktop/large screen devices.

If there's some old choices you preferred, let me know. Or, if there's any new ones you want keeping, make sure to let me know of that too! 🙂