Feedback / Idea What do you want to see from PeeFans this year?

I know a lot of people don't like making a new thread for their idea/feedback, as perhaps it's just a minor change, or possibly something you don't even think is possible. 

So if you just have any random ideas/feedback you'd like to put out there for the year ahead, feel free to use this thread, even if you're just spitballing and have no idea if it would actually work. 

No guarantees we can make them happen, but it's always good to hear what you do and don't like about the site right now, and where there's possible room for changes/improvements and new features. 

Thank you! 

Thank you for asking. Most of these (if not all) I have mentioned previously in one form or another. 

• Resizing images in the chat 

I would appreciate if this was adjusted, at the moment any image gets resized to a maximum of 500px and it's a pain when trying to share things. I have expanded on it here https://peefans.com/topic/18232-resizing-images-in-chat/

• Return is a new paragraph by default 

I mentioned this a couple of years ago and I still absolutely hate it. Instead of going to the next line, it creates a new paragraph.  A blank space. On a computer I can mitigate this by pressing shift+enter, on mobile devices I have no such luxury. Having it default to a new line would work for everyone and give us a choice. If I want a new paragraph I just press the key twice. Currently I have no option. Even on a pc it's a pain. I use a word processor to write my stories and then paste them here. The default setting ruins my formatting. Paragraph spacing is now twice as wide and if I follow the rules for dialogue, having a new speaker on its own line, it becomes a new paragraph. I know it pastes as rich text by default but then you have the issue of people using different fonts and sizes. 

Hi Dave, how are you?"

"Oh hi Barry, I'm good thanks!"

Instead of 

Hi Dave, how are you?"
"Oh hi Barry, I'm good thanks!"

•  Tying the black notifications bar to your notifications window in the corner. 

If you are quick enough when you get a new notification you can click the black bar at the bottom of the screen and it takes you to the post, very convenient. The problem is that it doesn't clear the notification in the corner so I still have the little red bubble telling me about the post I've just read.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I know exactly what you mean @steve25805 - I sort of think there's a similar issue where members post photos of themselves 'in action' perhaps in a risky situation. I have a few members in mind but won't embarrass them.

Ultimately, if everyone else thinks the same way as I do (worrying thought!) I don't actually really get incentivised by the 'credit' score - if I post a story and five people like it, it doesn't really make me feel any better if I were to get 5, 10 or 15 points for it.  That's just me 

In the case of stories which as you say do take a considerable mental resource to create, I wonder if there could be some monthly(?) featured story posted on the homepage to encourage wider reading of it.  There's the kudos of having your story on the homepage, the fact of perhaps gaining more followers who then read your other material and hopefully too chance to draw more people into reading friction in general.  Downside is the staff overhead of choosing - perhaps authors could submit their stories for consideration?

• Like 4
9 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Ultimately, if everyone else thinks the same way as I do (worrying thought!) I don't actually really get incentivised by the 'credit' score - if I post a story and five people like it, it doesn't really make me feel any better if I were to get 5, 10 or 15 points for it.  That's just me 

I am not all that bothered by the score I get either. I don't take it at all seriously and rarely bother to look.

Nevertheless there are those who see it as a form of recognition for effort - @spywareonya being an example - and who pay heed to it. So in that sense it does seem to matter at least a little to some. When I do look at the popularity stakes out of idle interest I am frequently at the top and almost always in the top 5, primarily because of likes received for pics. And yet the effort expended on finding and posting pics is nothing compared to that involved in writing a good story, or opening a new discussion, or contributing to an existing one, or confessing a true tale. I think if these latter contributions could be better recognised somehow it would be a positive for our community spirit and be more balanced in general. 

Just a very small thing: It would it be nice if it was possible to set the "Live Chat" sound notification to permanent OFF. One has to click 3 times, 3 different places with every log in: Click settings - click "toggle sound" - click hide. Would be nice if it could stay hidden (only the yellow symbol in the bottom visible) and quiet. If one wants to enable it, and make it pop-up every time one logs on - fine. An opportunity to save one's preferred settings would be great. 

• Agree 2

On 2/1/2021 at 4:39 PM, gldenwetgoose said:

I guess one area I don't make adequate use of is the Gold Lounge - whether that's just me, or whether more could be made of it...

Right now it's more used for viewing - it has got the forum archive, extra pee content, gold/special updates & gallery related threads etc. If you have any ideas how we could have more going on there, I'm very open to it, and I'm sure there will be if something relevant comes up. But I think it's normal not to use that section for much general chitchat, since we already have so many different areas for that (and gold members have private live chats too). 

On 2/1/2021 at 4:55 PM, muffinhuntr said:

I would like to see instruction on how to post pictures. Detailed instructions. What size how to avoid duplicates, etc.

There is no specific size picture requirements. Avoiding duplicates just comes down to doing your best to check the thread before posting. As for how to post, I'm not sure how to be too detailed about it, as you just have to press 'choose files' underneath the textbox where you type a message. It will then open a window on your computer to choose the images you want to upload here.

On 2/1/2021 at 5:00 PM, Sophie said:
  • Resizing images in the chat 

I can speak with the chatbox developer about this. I believe it's in place to save space/bandwidth, as normally within the smaller chatbox window 500px would be ok, as it's generally not the place for large HD images (since chat appears on every page of the site, so if it's filled with large files it could slow things down). I'll still see if there's some middle ground that can be reached though.  

• Return is a new paragraph by default 

This is by design as aesthetically it's a lot nicer with the extra space (at least in my opinion). However I should clarify it's not my decision anyway, it's built into the forum software and is pretty much the standard for modern sites. Even if we did change it now it would mess up all the formatting so far of all the posts, so this is a total no go.

I can understand for stories why you don't want it this way, but it's easily worked around by press shift+enter together like you said. and I imagine most stories are written on a computer/desktop.

The default in Word processors like Microsoft Word is the same (the double space), so if you copy and paste it using  "paste as plain text" option would that not work? There should be a way to copy the formatting over exactly the same. If not, writing the story within the peefans textbox would have to be the workaround if you didn't want to adjust the spaces later / keep the spaces. 

•  Tying the black notifications bar to your notifications window in the corner. 

I agree this would make more sense. Unfortunately the amount of time this would take me to try and solve myself isn't really worth the minor benefit. I'll report it to the software developers though as a suggestion.

20 hours ago, steve25805 said:

I have discussed this privately with @Admin, but it has always struck me that "likes" are somewhat imbalanced. It takes a lot more effort to post any kind of literary contribution yet a pic can be posted in seconds and is just as likely to be "liked". It is very easy to post 50 pics. I could do it in half an hour easily. Yet 50 stories would probably take months of effort. Because of this the pic posters - including me - get more "likes" than anybody else and are always top of the popularity stakes. Comparatively speaking this tends to devalue the efforts of those who go to all the trouble of posting literary content. Yet the latter is far more conducive to building our community spirit than posting pics alone. Is there no way that literary content can be given a higher status and recognition in the popularity stakes somehow?

I know this was always an issue with my dear friend @spywareonya, who always thought her own efforts undervalued when a few minutes spent posting pics gained more appreciation. I would like to see such brilliant contributors as her - if and when she returns - recognised by the system much more.

Don't know how that could be achieved though without excessive added complications

Yes, I do agree that the weighting isn't equal, and that people shouldn't judge likes as a measure of how valuable someone's contributions are. Some people only look at the pictures section anyway so the ratings will always be skewed. 

I think this really comes down to people commenting to let people know they enjoyed their stories - a genuine comment from someone is a lot nicer than like points in my opinion.

From what people have said on this issue in the past though, I think most people don't take the likes system too seriously (which is good, it's really just a way to show appreciation, not a ranking of people's posts).

20 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

In the case of stories which as you say do take a considerable mental resource to create, I wonder if there could be some monthly(?) featured story posted on the homepage to encourage wider reading of it.  There's the kudos of having your story on the homepage, the fact of perhaps gaining more followers who then read your other material and hopefully too chance to draw more people into reading friction in general.  Downside is the staff overhead of choosing - perhaps authors could submit their stories for consideration?

Absolutely possible. In fact a while ago there was a 'Staff picks' area. But really the people who want to see stories will go to the stories section directly I feel. Happy to reintroduce the staff picks if people want it though, and if moderators would be happy to help choose them of course.

1 hour ago, Lambo said:

Just a very small thing: It would it be nice if it was possible to set the "Live Chat" sound notification to permanent OFF. One has to click 3 times, 3 different places with every log in: Click settings - click "toggle sound" - click hide. Would be nice if it could stay hidden (only the yellow symbol in the bottom visible) and quiet. If one wants to enable it, and make it pop-up every time one logs on - fine. An opportunity to save one's preferred settings would be great. 

I have disabled the chat noise by default. It may not change for your immediately, but should do soon. In future, you'll have to opt in for sound notifications.

57 minutes ago, p1ssputz said:

One welcome change, for me, would be this. On the homepage, specifically, the "Recently Active Topics" and "Popular Now" areas, threads don't indicate what section they're in. (The URL structure for the post doesn't help here either.) Knowing beforehand whether a thread with a tantalizing title was in the "Men Peeing" or the "Fictional Stories" section could help me avoid clicking on links that I wouldn't be interested in. Right now, it's a tossup.

Good point. There's no option for this, but i'll take a look into trying to make this possible. In the meantime, I recommend using the 'activity' tab at the top, as it gives you much more info about recent topics/posts. You can even build your own activity stream and filter out certain sections (like male peeing for example). 

40 minutes ago, Admin said:

Absolutely possible. In fact a while ago there was a 'Staff picks' area. But really the people who want to see stories will go to the stories section directly I feel. Happy to reintroduce the staff picks if people want it though, and if moderators would be happy to help choose them of course.

I have disabled the chat noise by default. It may not change for your immediately, but should do soon. In future, you'll have to opt in for sound notifications.

Good point. There's no option for this, but i'll take a look into trying to make this possible. In the meantime, I recommend using the 'activity' tab at the top, as it gives you much more info about recent topics/posts. You can even build your own activity stream and filter out certain sections (like male peeing for example). 

Thanxalot. I think it works, nobody's chatting, but I clicked "toggle sound" as I logged in few seconds ago, and it said "sound notification enabled", so I guess this means it is now disabled by default. Great.

I like the site a lot. With the diversity of interests among the members, the breadth of the topics seems to work well. I guess people might moan if they couldn't find what they liked easily (unless they are the ones that join, then go silent or disappear - and it's hard to know, isn't it? We can't do an 'exit interview'!).

I do wonder perhaps about whether some form of recommendation system might be introduced. ("Other people that liked this post also looked at ...") but then I though it would be impossibly difficult and unworkable - too may posts.

I would appreciate the ability to save a draft post - I'm not sure if that exists already. I know the comment boxes do save drafts, but I'm not sure about whether I could maybe create a draft new post, 'hide' it, then edit it, then 'unhide' it. Probably only Gold members would be able to do that because of the limitations on editing.

It's probably worth stopping and thinking about the range of reactions that are available. I think the set we use works well, but I know there is the facility to have a different set because I use other sites built on the same platform (and which use 'like', 'thanks', 'sad', confused' and 'haha'.) Has anyone ever suggested anything else? Perhaps a "double kudos" one? Just thinking out loud really.

For what it's worth, I don't worry about the points score either, but I do appreciate comments on and reactions to stuff. I think the key to getting more reactions and comments is to have more followers, and to get more followers you have to put yourself about a bit and create stuff that more people want to see. 

Thanks for asking the question @Admin and apologies for being late with comments.

• Like 1

Would there be a way to simply add the gender in the member info on each post, in addition to picture, status, number of posts and so on ?

I'm interested in stories of girls peeing and not so much of men, especially when one's talking about real experiences. I guess both the same and the opposite is true to other members. In some stories, you have to search for a detail to find if the member is male or female (when someone talks about lifting a skirt, or unzipping a fly for example), but sometimes it is even impossible to know. Some members I know if they're male or female since they post often, but for others, it's tiring to click on a member description each time to check if they're male or female.

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Also, I don't know if this is a good idea (since the overall feeling of the forum is goodwill and benevolence towards other members), but could we get a "disagree" reaction in addition to like, love, thanks, agree etc. ? Not a especially negative one, but sometimes, I feel I'd simply express some disagreement with members without the need to argue or beeing negative towards them. Especially when you see a post that's been largely commented afterwards and the discussion has taken a different direction and it would feel awkwards to bring that particular post into the discussion.

Maybe that would ruin the mood, IDK, there is enough negativity on social media in general, but still I'd find it interesting. I'll let admin decide if it's a good idea or not.

8 minutes ago, expererg said:

Also, I don't know if this is a good idea (since the overall feeling of the forum is goodwill and benevolence towards other members), but could we get a "disagree" reaction in addition to like, love, thanks, agree etc. ? Not a especially negative one, but sometimes, I feel I'd simply express some disagreement with members without the need to argue or beeing negative towards them. Especially when you see a post that's been largely commented afterwards and the discussion has taken a different direction and it would feel awkwards to bring that particular post into the discussion.

Maybe that would ruin the mood, IDK, there is enough negativity on social media in general, but still I'd find it interesting. I'll let admin decide if it's a good idea or not.

I understand what you are saying but a disagree button or similar will not be added. It has been discussed many times. 

• Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Kupar said:

I do wonder perhaps about whether some form of recommendation system might be introduced. ("Other people that liked this post also looked at ...") but then I though it would be impossibly difficult and unworkable - too may posts.

We could add a 'related posts' feature potentially, that tries to find similar topics, but a 'other people that liked this post looked at...' may not work so well because of the wide mix of content here. For example, I just liked your post, but I've also liked posts about things you may have 0 zero interest in. Generally I think people probably like a wide amount of 'post types' so I'm not sure if the system would do a good job of recommendations. 

I would appreciate the ability to save a draft post - I'm not sure if that exists already. I know the comment boxes do save drafts, but I'm not sure about whether I could maybe create a draft new post, 'hide' it, then edit it, then 'unhide' it. Probably only Gold members would be able to do that because of the limitations on editing.

The comment box should already save your draft when writing a new post or topic. I'd recommend saving a backup too if it's a long post, but yes drafts do exist automatically without you needing to 'save' it.

It's probably worth stopping and thinking about the range of reactions that are available. I think the set we use works well, but I know there is the facility to have a different set because I use other sites built on the same platform (and which use 'like', 'thanks', 'sad', confused' and 'haha'.) Has anyone ever suggested anything else? Perhaps a "double kudos" one? Just thinking out loud really.

Certainly possible, and has been discussed before, but it was pretty much agreed the existing reactions cover everything in a broad enough way. For example 'double kudos' (for something that you feel deserves more than just a like) would get a heart reaction perhaps.  Sure, we could have one for literally every emotion imaginable, but they would be used so infrequently. If you have some specific ideas for reactions you think would actually get used regularly (that don't fall within the current ones), please let me know as I'm open to adding more, but I don't want to make the reaction options overly long unless they're likely to get used. 

23 minutes ago, expererg said:

Would there be a way to simply add the gender in the member info on each post, in addition to picture, status, number of posts and so on ?

It's possible, but this was discussed before, and the consensus was that it would just make women here even more of a 'target' for getting flooded with messages, and so having people actually visit their profile seemed like a better option. I see what you mean though - and if opinion here has changed since this was discussed last time, I'd be happy to change this.

15 minutes ago, expererg said:

This has also been suggested before, but we decided against it for the reasons you mentioned: it's just bringing unnecessary negativity. I'm not sure what it achieves by letting someone know you disagree with them - you can just ignore them and move on. I really feel quite strongly there is no real benefit from a negative/dislike/disagree reaction on a site like this - it's just open to abuse and creating an unwelcome atmosphere. 

Just a quick note to everyone: Apologies if it seems like I'm shooting lots of ideas down here, but I wanted to at least address every point so you can know where I'm coming from. If you have any counter points to things I've said, feel free to bring them up if it's an idea you feel strongly about. 

• Thanks 4

I just remembered one I forgot to post yesterday 

Is it possible to move the pee emojis to the top of the list? It feels like a shame to have them buried at the bottom. :BathroomStall:

An adjustment to the themes would be appreciated too. (Dark and Night Mode theme shown below) 

Screenshot_20210203-183357.png

Screenshot_20210203-183222.png

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I completely understand all arguments in favor of no disagree icons ; I honestly didn't know there were such a heavy history behind this particular topic, but thanks for the detailed explanation, I can easily see why it's not a good idea, as I initially suspected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Something very minor and I don't think it's possible anyway so feel free to ignore but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. 

Y'know how on your profile it says how many days you have won, and when you last won? It would be nice if you could see which days you have won. I understand that I can view the leaderboard and go through all the days but it would be nice to just have a list. 

Again, something extremely minor but it was something that came to mind. 

• Like 1

Sophie, with your most recent suggestions:

I agree with the pee smileys - there isn't an option for this but I've requested it. I can have a look at the code too to see if I can switch it round.

However I think the current setup of having 'recently used' at the top of the list makes sense, so if you use the pee smileys more, they should always be at the top! 😄 

Also remember you can use the 'categories' button within the smiley box to go straight to the pee (or any other) category. You can also use search as well on the smiley window, or even type the smiley "codes" (which you'll see if you hover over the pee smileys) so you don't even need the smiley box.

For example, :urinal:  comes up when you type :urinal*: (no asterisk).

Having said all of this... I do agree just having them nearer the top would be better! 

As for chatbox colours, this got fixed before I even had chance to reply thanks to the new dark mode.  You can also now change the chatbox skin as well just to give even more colour options. 🙂 

Also, resizing chat images is indeed down to bandwidth/loading speeds, but developer is looking into a workaround.

Black bar + notification sync up has been requested too, but could take a while. 

As for leaderboard, do you mean a list of all the specific dates you won? Don't think the system currently saves that info but I can take a look and again request it if not as a future addition. 

Also @gldenwetgoose with your gold lounge suggestion, even though gold lounge is more meant for viewing right now, I did have one idea for increasing user activity there... People could make "collection" threads, and inside them, they post URLs to their favourite videos in the video gallery. This will automatically embed the videos in their posts. This means they would have a thread with easy access to all their favourite videos. Would also be another way for people with similar taste to find videos they may like too (aside from the normal ways of finding new videos like browsing the gallery / searching / filtering by tags). If any gold members are reading this, please feel free to go ahead and try this for yourself. Or if you have any other ideas of ways of increasing chat activity in the gold lounge, just let me know. 

@muffinhuntr did you have any luck with pictures? If you press 'choose files' underneath the textbox when replying, and select the pictures you want to upload, it should insert it into the post. Any questions let me know. Please see FAQ link in the menu of every page (under 'forums' tab) for more help too. 🙂 

Everything else I think has already been implemented or decided against at this time. Thanks everyone who has posted for great suggestions so far. 

• Thanks 1

I'm sure that they used to be at the top at one point, maybe I've finally cracked and lost my marbles. I was thinking of having them below the recently used but above the regular ones but if it's not possible don't worry about it. It's not important. I knew about the codes and I've memorised my favourite ones but thank you. :toilet:

Yes I meant a list of the specific dates I've won but it's really not that important, I was just curious 🙂

Thank you in regards to the chat and notifications but please don't pester the developer for every minor thing I think of! 

Nothing else comes to mind really, milkshake dispenser perhaps? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 months later...

I would like to see someone go thru all the topics and delete all the posts with broken links. I know some porn sites that are linked here have delete/archive their pictures and it's really annoying when clicking on a link returns a 404 error or something similar. Many of the older posts have broken links that do not return pictures and I think someone should delete them, as they just take up space.

i have also noticed there aare 2 o 3 duplicates of the same picture in the same topic. I also think those should be deleted. Not the ones between topics only the ones that have many duplicates in the same topic, often below each other.

Just my 2 cents worth. Thanks for hearing me out.

• Love 1
On 2/1/2021 at 5:57 PM, gldenwetgoose said:

I know exactly what you mean @steve25805 - I sort of think there's a similar issue where members post photos of themselves 'in action' perhaps in a risky situation. I have a few members in mind but won't embarrass them.