Did your parents encourage you to pee outside or forbid it?

I know some families encourage peeing outside and others frown on it. Which was your family? Mine encouraged it! There were even places in the house and shed we could pee. For example, the basement drain was okay, the corner of the shed was okay, and under the pool deck was an option. 

• Like 3

My family was very against it. If me or my brother were desperate in public as kids, our parents would forbid us from peeing outdoors. They would rather let us wet ourselves (which did happen a few times). 

Even if my parents see someone pissing in public they think it's disgusting.

15 minutes ago, Eliminature said:

My grandmother in particular, when out and about in town, would find me an alleyway or a bin/skip to hide behind even when I was getting to be an older child. Not holding me any more, but still encouraging me to pee outside and praising me for it. 

Sometimes things skip a generation. 🤔

• Agree 2
19 hours ago, oliver2 said:

Sometimes things skip a generation. 🤔

Connecting my beloved grandmother and great aunt to anything sexual feels disrespectful at best and downright perverted at worst. However, I have occasionally wondered if this is where my urophilia stems from? Who knows? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
On 2/6/2021 at 5:34 PM, Eliminature said:

My parents didn't really encourage this, but my grandmother and her sister certainly did. I was encouraged to wee in both their gardens by being held up by the backs of my thighs. I was even praised for it. 

Occasionally, I was sat on a potty in the living room and praised when I peed in it. I remember even being held over the kitchen bin and encouraged to "do it in the bucket." My grandmother in particular, when out and about in town, would find me an alleyway or a bin/skip to hide behind even when I was getting to be an older child. Not holding me any more, but still encouraging me to pee outside and praising me for it. 

My mom encourages me to pee outside if I need to during hikes and road trips, and also praises me for doing so.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'd regularly pee outside when I was playing out with friends but generally it was forbidden. I can even remember one occasion when I was probably about six years old being told to wet myself and clean up when we got home as I was wearing dark clothing and it wouldn't have been obvious. I seem to remember it was on a shopping trip and we were about to head home at the time.

My dad did a lot of outdoorsy stuff with my sister and me. His attitude was if you have to go just make sure you are out of sight.

My mother (huge sigh) believed a lady always held it and was not even a fan of restrooms in department stores or the like. She sort of lost it when she realized why my sister and I could stay outdoors all day and did not run to the toilet when we came in for lunch. We had over 3 acres of fields, unused outbuildings, wooded areas and a corner of a pond (shared it with nasty cows across the fence line) to play and pee in.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

While I can't say they ever encouraged it, they seemed to lead by example.

My parents were bookish, but outdoorsy as well. We'd often go on nature walks and if we were out there long enough they weren't uncomfortable about answering her call. So, it wasn't surprising that the first person I saw pee was my dad and the first woman my mom. That probably explains why for the longest time I thought what determined your gender was whether you peed standing up or squatted down.

• Like 2
  • Love 1