Did your parents encourage you to pee outside or forbid it?

I remember when me and my brother were younger, we would sometimes have a little paddling pool in the back garden. Although our garden isn't exactly private, I remember that on more than one occasion we were told to just pee on the grass. We would've been either completely naked or in our underwear so that was probably why it was ok. (We were younger than 3 and 5 years old so it wasn't that big a deal at the time)

I was never really encouraged to pee outside by either parent. I was probably 8 when i learned that I rather squat in the grass instead of using a toilet so I always would sneak off in the yard multiple times a day to have a squat and pee. I'm sure that one of my parents saw pee puddles on the dirt or in the gravel, especially if I used the same area throughout the day. No parent said anything to me about it, so I guess it was fine. 

• Like 2
  • 11 months later...

My mom encouraged it outside - we rarely wore clothes inside or outside, so outside we would just spread or squat. Inside, it was okay to pee in the sinks or bathtubs. I regularly peed on the floor, and I peed on the couch a couple of times. I cleaned it up, but not very well. I was never encouraged to continue to pee on the floor or furniture, but I was never reprimanded, either. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
Guest ShyPeeMan

Encourage is probably not the right word but if we needed to go while out for walks etc, we was told to find a hedge or tree to go behind

Edited by ShyPeeMan

Encouraging would be too strong a term, but spending a lot of time outdoors - often in a state of cleanliness not inviting a quick trip inside the house - no one would mind if we peed outside. With some kids from the neighborhood we even discovered tricks like pulling back your foreskin to pee farther or trying to draw in the sand.

Inside the house was definitely not ok, except of shower or bathtub when washing.

I think for me and my sister, it was always a case of being practical.   We did some outdoors activities - walking, boating and such like.   Mum and Dad were both very matter of fact about peeing and if any of us (parents included) needed to pee when we were out in the country, then we would just find a suitably shielded spot and pee.   That was the behaviour that my Mum and Dad had and it was also what they encouraged us to do.

However, in towns we would always be encouraged to find a toilet if possible, but I do remember the odd time where there wasn't time to get to a toilet and an alleyway offered an alternative.   Mum was not upset by that need.

At home, sometimes I camped in the garden with friends.   Dad told us that if we needed to pee, just pee in the hedge rather than coming into the house so we didn't wake them up.

On car journeys, if my sister of I needed to pee, Mum or Dad would just stop the car in a layby and get us to pee by the car.   They didn't bother trying to get to the next place with a toilet.

Also, as kids did in those days, we would go out with our mates for hours, we used to pee whilst we were out.  Mum and Dad knew that we weren't lasting the whole time without peeing and they were fine with that.  They just told us to try and be reasonably discrete.

• Like 3

My parents encouraged me to wait until we got to a toilet if I could but would encourage me to pee outside if I said I was desperate. I've always been a bit pee shy though so unusually for a male I've always avoided it if I can. My Mum has even encouraged me to pee outside when I needed to go while walking as an adult so I know she has no issues with it, and my Dad has peed outside while we've been in woods so he wouldn't bat an eyelid either!

I wouldn't say encouraged, and I personally find it odd that it's encouraged.

My parents permitted me to do it out of necessity however, if we were out and not near toilets it would be down a discreet alley or in a hedge. I enjoyed it but sensed as I got older I was expected to manage my bladder better. I would say from 8 or 9 it was not certainly not as tolerated except in real desperate situations such as car journeys without service areas. 

• Like 1
On 2/7/2021 at 6:18 PM, Eliminature said:

Connecting my beloved grandmother and great aunt to anything sexual feels disrespectful at best and downright perverted at worst. However, I have occasionally wondered if this is where my urophilia stems from? Who knows? 

I definitely think my kink stemmed from childhood need. I grew to learn peeing outside was 'naughty' but I enjoyed the feeling it gave me being seen doing it.

• Love 1

Never really was an issue. Both my parents used to pee in our garden, in the country, bit more circumspect in town though. If i was out playing with friends I would just go where ever, as did most of them, mainly the boys of course.

When I hit clubbing age I realised it was very handy to not give a shit where i was if i needed a wee. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Around here, public urination (especially male.... ☹️) is seen as sth that 'uneducated' ppl do and while girls regularly get away with the excuse of not being able to hold it any longer, guys almost always get yelled at, regardless of age. Unfortunately, my mother thinks that way too, and henceforth I was always forced to hold it till we got to a place with a restroom, no matter how filthy it might be. I have the feeling that my dad would have allowed it (not neccessairly encouraged, but still), but he rarely said anything about it because it always made my mother mad.

In a way, that made me wanna pee in other places than the toilet even more, I don't think i have ever peed inside the actual toilet at school and similar, always at the wall next to it, since I saw that this was how ppl did it in other places on the internet and leaving my mark there was my way of saying 'fuck you' to the entire system. Never had the chance to properly pee outside even once back in the days.

• Agree 2
On 2/21/2022 at 4:13 PM, Havelock said:
This is an interesting subject and I often wonder if it is responsible for my interest. I tend to think of it more broadly as encouraged or discouraged by some role model or form of authority. I experienced dramatically different guidance in this area depending on my cultural context. I grew up splitting time between the US and the EU growing up. Most of the time I lived and went to school in the US (CT, TX and CA) but I had extended family and my parents did work in the EU (Germany, France and Spain). The differences in the places I was encouraged and allowed to pee varied by location. 

In general I don’t remember my parents encouraging me to pee places very often but they were definitely accepting of me peeing places outside (especially in Europe). The earliest memory I have of being encouraged to pee outside was probably around pre-school age while on a fruit picking trip in the US with my mother and another family who had a daughter my age. I remember before leaving I had to go, we visited a tree and I was encouraged to wet the bark. At the same time my friends mom took her to a separate tree and changed her into a diaper. She wet her diaper and then was immediately changed. I thought this was funny that she could not also just pee like me by a tree. I remember this was often the case in New England that I was stealthily allowed to pee somewhere outside but generally my friends did not.

My next memories are of spending the summer in Madrid Spain with my cousins around my age and a few years older. The family was big and had a long time staff of maids/nannies that were like trusted second mothers. We would spend all day going around town and to the park playing with them. The nannies were always encouraging me to pee in the park, on buildings, sidewalks, streets, car tires etc.. In this context I would say all us kids (and friends we were playing with) were actively encouraged to pee wherever the need arose and often encouraged periodically to take outdoor pee breaks. A few incidents stand out in my mind. I quickly realized the cultural difference the first time we went to the park. I remember my older girl cousin and I were running around a large gravel walk way in a beautiful park. She was running towards me and all the sudden stopped, dropped her pants and squatted facing me. This might have been the first time I saw a girl pee as I was puzzled by why she had stopped. Suddenly a stream shot in front of her and a puddle grew on the parched path. Our nanny approached me as I watched and asked me if I also had to pee. She asked me if I also wanted to make a puddle and then helped me pee next to my cousin. My other cousins ran over and she helped the male one my age pipi and held my younger girl cousin to pipi also. I remember her talking about who made the biggest puddle and this was all in the middle of a very open park.

Another time in Spain we had gotten off the bus from a lengthy trip and had to walk through the town to the house. My male cousin was doing the pee pee dance so she pointed him to the nearest wall--a stone building that had a low window into the basement. He pulled down his pants and she positioned him in front of the window which was just our height. He and began peeing on the window, which pooled onto the stone ledge below, overflowed down the wall and ran across the sidewalk to the gutter. She asked me if I needed to pee and also helped me pee on the window. I remember looking through the window into the basement room as I peed on the glass and being interrupted as she picked me up a little to move me out of the way of the pee stream that would have run down the sidewalk to my shoes. As my cousin and I finished my older girl cousin squatted to pee on the sidewalk. My nanny picked up my younger girl cousin and held her in a squat where she we the wall beside the window. We watched rivets of pee run across the sidewalk slope into the gutter. I remember people walking by on the sidewalk and having to avoid the pee. The wet spots stood out in the dry summer heat. As I think about it now its pretty bold to direct a child to pee on someone’s window. What if they were inside or it was not sealed shut and the pee leaked into the room?

Another time in Spain we were at the farmers market and she asked and my male cousin if we had to pee. I said no but she encouraged that it was time to pee. She lead us behind the stand we were at and pointed us to pee on the wheel of a VW van. I peed mostly on the wheel and tire. My cousin played around an hit some of the body also. She smiled, said good job, that she knew we had to pee and she would get us a treat for our good job. 

I can think of dozens more times the nannies encouraged us to pee outside in Spain. I remember coming back to the US after that summer, asking to pee a the playground and my US nanny hurrying me home. Quite different. 

I spent the next summer in Germany at forest kindergarten. This is a kindergarten where you are left all day with teachers in the forrest to play and learn about nature. Of course we were all encouraged to pee outside (boys and girls) as there were no toilets. We also swam naked in streams and ponds. There was no modesty. Sometimes the teachers would call for group potty time and other times kids would just go whenever and wherever the need struck in the forest. Sometimes in a group potty we would wet the same tree, play around with the stream a bit and watch each other. We were also to supposed to learn to poop in the forest if needed. The teachers carried paper and spade to cover it. I remember they were concerned that the American boy had not learned to poop. One day a teacher kept asking me if I needed to poop. I said no repeatedly. A girl I was playing with had to go and asked the teacher. She grabbed me by the hand and said, come on its time for a poop. We all go poop. We walked behind a near by bush and she said, here, here is a good place for a poop. She helped both me and the girl remove our shorts and encouraged us to squat. I watched as the girl first peed but then said she did not have to poop anymore. The teacher then said, here you watch me. She dropped her pants, proceeded to pee forcefully on the soil and then pooped a pile as if she were teaching me a lesson. Still squatting I had a perfect view. She wiped herself and encouraged us. I was finally able to produce a small poop and the girl a somewhat bigger one. She congratulated us and compared our piles as she was covering them with dirt. I went to the bathroom with and without encouragement many times that summer

When I returned to the US the following year, I was in a posh catholic school with an extensive outdoor playground and a small stream. First I got in trouble for striping down and getting into the stream as I would have in forest kindergarten in Germany. Next I was scolded for peeing on a tree and finally sent to the principals office for peeing behind a bush.

The next summer I was sent to a summer camp in the south of France at a school. We had beautiful canopied forests on the school grounds to play in and often took trips to the beach. In the first days I was there I had to pee and as I had been reprimanded in the US that I needed to pee in toilets I ran back to the school building. A male teacher asked me what was the problem. I said I needed to pee. He said, then pee. I motioned to the building and he said, we are not going back into the building now, we are playing outside, you can pee outside. I spent that summer with my classmates peeing outside and on the playground, in the forest and at the beach. Like forest kindergarten in Germany we were often encouraged to pee as a group. I can remember getting back to the bus from the beach and the teachers saying we needed to pee before we got on so, all the girls squatted by the bus and the boys peed beside the bus, on the wheel or on the bushes/trees. I also peed by our swimming pool with the kids of French friends of my parents. When I returned to the US I was again sent to the principals office for peeing outside. I remember the conservative religious school leadership praying to Jesus for my sole to be saved from the devil.

So, as you can see I received quite confusingly different encouragement and discouragement that probably fostered my obsession for the subject. I’m sure I have more examples.  Was anyone else given mixed guidance about peeing outside? Or did anyone else experience different cultures of peeing?

Such incredibly mixed messages!

• Agree 2