Funny how things happen...

It was John Lennon that said, "life is what happens when you are busy making other plans." 🙄

Now, I don't know how much you want to reveal to your employer or fellow employees, but sooner or later most of them will figure things out. I suppose you could say you suffered an illness or injury in the last year that resulted in your incontinence. (Which is, after all, not far from the truth.) It's probably not much different from someone who has been catheterized for medical reasons, like in the case of a paraplegic or someone with advanced MS.

Whatever you decide to do, I'm hoping everything works out for the best. Not only will I have my fingers crossed, but maybe my legs, too.

1 hour ago, glad1 said:

It was John Lennon that said, "life is what happens when you are busy making other plans." 🙄

Now, I don't know how much you want to reveal to your employer or fellow employees, but sooner or later most of them will figure things out. I suppose you could say you suffered an illness or injury in the last year that resulted in your incontinence. (Which is, after all, not far from the truth.) It's probably not much different from someone who has been catheterized for medical reasons, like in the case of a paraplegic or someone with advanced MS.

Whatever you decide to do, I'm hoping everything works out for the best. Not only will I have my fingers crossed, but maybe my legs, too.

😊 Thank you!! I needed a smile! 

I hope things work out OK for you at work @MiaDarling. I reckon if you can deal with family reactions you can deal with anything. It's really no concern of your employer and colleagues as long as it doesn't negatively affect your ability to do the job, which it won't! And hey, you might be surprised by the old prunes if they find out. It's difficult to judge people's responses 🙂

In any event, we're here for you to vent to ❤️

1 hour ago, Kupar said:

I hope things work out OK for you at work @MiaDarling. I reckon if you can deal with family reactions you can deal with anything. It's really no concern of your employer and colleagues as long as it doesn't negatively affect your ability to do the job, which it won't! And hey, you might be surprised by the old prunes if they find out. It's difficult to judge people's responses 🙂

In any event, we're here for you to vent to ❤️

Thanks Danny!! 😘

@MiaDarling you have shared a lot here and your honesty is wonderful. Congratulations on getting the call to go back to work.

You are not a new hire, you are are an employee with , I guess, many years of service. As such your employer has a duty of care to look after you.

Your co workers have similar bounds and if they stray that can be disciplinary too.

As regards work, you have a medical condition and you cannot be discriminated against, or bullied, or otherwise treated unfairly.

I am sure that your co workers will be glad to see you again, and be sympathetic.

Having been stuck at home I feel sure they will be delighted to have you back,

You always come across so positively in your posts.

Good luck and keep being you. You have style and class.

7 minutes ago, WetDreamer said:

@MiaDarling you have shared a lot here and your honesty is wonderful. Congratulations on getting the call to go back to work.

You are not a new hire, you are are an employee with , I guess, many years of service. As such your employer has a duty of care to look after you.

Your co workers have similar bounds and if they stray that can be disciplinary too.

As regards work, you have a medical condition and you cannot be discriminated against, or bullied, or otherwise treated unfairly.

I am sure that your co workers will be glad to see you again, and be sympathetic.

Having been stuck at home I feel sure they will be delighted to have you back,

You always come across so positively in your posts.

Good luck and keep being you. You have style and class.

Thank you!! I do always try to be positive because I genuinely enjoy life and I feel very grateful for who I am and being me. I do believe I will be fine, I fully expect an awkward first couple weeks as it becomes apparent but then for things to get to normal... it's just the initial "breaking the ice" part that has me a bit unsettled. Anyone who knows me knows I am the nicest, sweetest person but also that I am someone who always looks to avoid confrontation and making other people uncomfortable... so hopefully I do not become the office weirdo. I appreciate your kind words! ❤

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MiaDarling said:

Thank you!! I do always try to be positive because I genuinely enjoy life and I feel very grateful for who I am and being me. I do believe I will be fine, I fully expect an awkward first couple weeks as it becomes apparent but then for things to get to normal... it's just the initial "breaking the ice" part that has me a bit unsettled. Anyone who knows me knows I am the nicest, sweetest person but also that I am someone who always looks to avoid confrontation and making other people uncomfortable... so hopefully I do not become the office weirdo. I appreciate your kind words! ❤

In the last 10 or so months of lockdown and people working from home, being furloughed or laid off, I think a lot of water has certainly flowed (tinkled?) under everyone's bridges.

It's been a totally unknown situation for everyone - so like people have said, going back now it's only realistic to think everyone else's lives could have gone through just as big as your life changes.  The older women - well I guess it's possible they don't even bother coming back to work after this long outside of it.

Other people?  Well I don't have a great lot to add to what @WetDreamer has quite rightly said. You have an entitlement and legal rights (although I'm unfamiliar with your local legislation to be treated with respect and dignity.

It seems to me that the TV adverts for incontinence products are becoming more and more overt and featuring ever younger models, giving the impression that using the products you do is absolutely an everyday occurrence for many people - as it is.  The fact that you use the product is nobody else's business, and is really a 'so what' situation, that doesn't make you the office weirdo at all.  And as to the 'why', the enjoyment you gain - well they perhaps wouldn't understand and would think that weird - but that's even less of their business and looks to me like something they never need to know.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
32 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

In the last 10 or so months of lockdown and people working from home, being furloughed or laid off, I think a lot of water has certainly flowed (tinkled?) under everyone's bridges.

It's been a totally unknown situation for everyone - so like people have said, going back now it's only realistic to think everyone else's lives could have gone through just as big as your life changes.  The older women - well I guess it's possible they don't even bother coming back to work after this long outside of it.

Other people?  Well I don't have a great lot to add to what @WetDreamer has quite rightly said. You have an entitlement and legal rights (although I'm unfamiliar with your local legislation to be treated with respect and dignity.

It seems to me that the TV adverts for incontinence products are becoming more and more overt and featuring ever younger models, giving the impression that using the products you do is absolutely an everyday occurrence for many people - as it is.  The fact that you use the product is nobody else's business, and is really a 'so what' situation, that doesn't make you the office weirdo at all.  And as to the 'why', the enjoyment you gain - well they perhaps wouldn't understand and would think that weird - but that's even less of their business and looks to me like something they never need to know.

Thanks Goose!! 

3 minutes ago, Gnome said:

@MiaDarling you are a beautiful strong woman. From what I've read I'm sure you can handle this.  You can always act like you're going to be bathroom and just sit on the toilet in your Pampers. 

Thank you!! I have been thinking all morning that I'll get a different pamper bag that's more plain and less obvious, and I can start buying plain white "diapers" for work so when I change they blend in better with the trash in the barrel in the ladies room. But it's just making me more and more upset!! I'm NOT going to do either of those things!! I'm keeping and bringing my cute pamper bag to work,...  I bought that one cos that's the one I like, ... and I'm NOT switching the kind of pampers I wear!! And I'm not going out of my way to hide it. I certainly wont flaunt it, but I'm not going to feel inferior either. I know I'm going to have to change more often at work cos I do not want leaks making my clothes or my chair wet so it's only a matter of time til they all know. But this is how I am, I require pampers now, i no longer wear them for fun... and I'm not going to be miserable to appease people who are judgmental... cos the people there that are not judgmental, will not be bothered. Sorry for the rant. 😔

Stay wet, 

Mia 🤗😘💓💕

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I think I was guilty of not thinking through all the practicalities Mia, and making high-level statements on the basis of incomplete information about what you will need to do on a day-to-day basis. I'm glad you have thought all this through and come to decisions - they sound like the right ones to me. 

Stay wet - in the way you want to. 

😘

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Kupar said:

I think I was guilty of not thinking through all the practicalities Mia, and making high-level statements on the basis of incomplete information about what you will need to do on a day-to-day basis. I'm glad you have thought all this through and come to decisions - they sound like the right ones to me. 

Stay wet - in the way you want to. 

😘

Yea Danny.. that's been my focus, the day to day practicalities. I mean, If i had a lil part time 3 hour a day position it would be much less of an issue because unless someone hears me crinkling as i walk past them, i could go unnoticed. But being at an office 8+ hours a day i can't just hide one pamper under my outfit and sneak in and sneak out without notice. I have to account for multiple changes throughout my day, 5 days a week. I'm just making peace with the fact that my first week will be uncomfortable for me as word gets around but after that I'm expecting to just go to work each day and not have people asking questions or mentioning it anymore. ( atleast that's what I'm hoping for ) 🤞🤞

Stay wet,

Mia 🤗😘💓💕

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@MiaDarling as long as you have packed your Pampers you can be there as long as work requires. you have covered the needs and practicalities.

No person at your work can criticise.

If they do then  the devil in me says that you have the advantage!

If someone is unpleasant, then the next time they come out of a long meeting, engage in conversation and keep them talking.

While they cross their legs and in desperation and do the pee pee dance, @MiaDarling  just tinkle away....

Be confident. Keep wetting and enjoy.....😈😈 

• Like 1

Well, that's quite a change, @MiaDarling, thanks for letting us know. Yes, there's people here who care...  😊

I'm convinced you'll master the situation very well. You're systematically thinking about the practical aspects and planning them, but most important: You know what you want and you know who you are, and you remain true to yourself. No matter what your colleagues may think when they first learn about your pampers: after a few days they will see that you are still the nice and sweet person that they knew, and the pampers will become less and less important.

Of course I understand that you are worried. But I am optimistic, and in addition I'll cross my fingers for you!

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, WetDreamer said:

@MiaDarling as long as you have packed your Pampers you can be there as long as work requires. you have covered the needs and practicalities.

No person at your work can criticise.

If they do then  the devil in me says that you have the advantage!

If someone is unpleasant, then the next time they come out of a long meeting, engage in conversation and keep them talking.

While they cross their legs and in desperation and do the pee pee dance, @MiaDarling  just tinkle away....

Be confident. Keep wetting and enjoy.....😈😈 

Haha!!! Thanks wetdreamer!! 😘

2 minutes ago, kalle2020 said:

Well, that's quite a change, @MiaDarling, thanks for letting us know. Yes, there's people here who care...  😊

I'm convinced you'll master the situation very well. You're systematically thinking about the practical aspects and planning them, but most important: You know what you want and you know who you are, and you remain true to yourself. No matter what your colleagues may think when they first learn about your pampers: after a few days they will see that you are still the nice and sweet person that they knew, and the pampers will become less and less important.

Of course I understand that you are worried. But I am optimistic, and in addition I'll cross my fingers for you!

Thanks kalle!! 😘

• Like 1

I'm a bit late with my response to this, having only just found this thread.   You may even have already started back by now.   However, I'll put in my thoughts in the hope that they will also help you @MiaDarling.   I can understand why you are a bit nervous about what people will think, but you have to remember that you are a valuable employee and a lovely person and this small change should not detract from that, nor will it affect your ability to work productively.   I think that you are right that people will notice - maybe not immediately, but over a few days.   They may be inquisitive, but some might be too embarrassed to ask.  There is likely to be one or two people that would ask - hopefully in a sympathetic "Are you OK?" type of approach because they will consider that the most likely reason to wear Pampers would be a medical problem.   What you choose to reveal is entirely up to you, but you can be totally honest and say that you have become incontinent to a certain level and you need to wear the Pampers to protect from leakage.   You can sell it to them as you will need to have less toilet breaks, so that makes you a more productive employee and you never know, when they are bursting for the toilet after three coffees during a long meeting and you are sitting there casually, they might actually be very jealous.

Good luck and I hope it goes well.   We are here to support you if you want to discuss how it goes.

• Like 1