• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 10:37 PM, CoastalBoy said:

Always pee in the locker rooms at the pool, grew up doing what the people around me did and I've seen them come in and hose the whole place every afternoon anyway so it all washes away.

Exactly, as someone who has worked at several gyms and pool over the years I can say that our least favorite job is cleaning the restrooms, toilets, urinals as it's so time consuming and difficult to clean. The locker rooms and dressing areas are a breeze to clean as we simply rinse the rooms down with a garden hose or do a quick mop of the floors. Personally, I'd much rather the men urinate there than to make a mess all over the toilet area.

• Like 1

@beachmom spot on a usual! I never thought about the fact that it makes it easier for the staff to clean if we just urinate on the floor.  I had my boys do it because i was teaching them they can pee wherever they needed to, but glad to hear it makes sense for other reasons!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mark3981 said:

I was asked to clarify this for parents...

Of course teaching your sons that they are allowed to pee anywhere they want hasn't been without its hiccups. I once got a call from my oldest's teacher saying he starting pissing in the corner of the classroom before she stopped him and my youngest recently started peeing in a grocery store aisle on the floor.  I used those opportunities to teach them that not everyone has the same feelings about it that we do,  so if they aren't sure,  they should use the toilet.  But,  if no one is around,  then they are welcome to pee wherever whenever they have the urge 

I'm hesitant to chime in on this as I'm always getting in trouble for doing so, but here goes, pg13 rated.  Yes, there are places it's just not appropriate and they don't always understand that. But there are many places where most people think it's fine and locker rooms are one of those widely accepted places. I think that many parents avoid "teaching" not because they don't want to, but rather they don't trust their judgement yet.

• Agree 1
On 2/13/2023 at 9:56 AM, beachmom said:

Nothing to care about, from what I can tell, most of the older men (seniors) do so, as there are always puddles all over the men's room after senior swim. I know of many men here who are terrified of doing so, but my boys have done so openly for years and never heard anything about it. You've done so many times now, have you ever been seen, has anyone ever commented or has management ever commented about you doing so?

Your boys just pee openly in the locker room? You’re a great dad!

15 minutes ago, Pissboy97 said:

*great mom

Never heard of this that you encourage this behavior! Which we had this here in Europe…

In the US midwest it's so common among the middle school and high school age boys that the coaches don't say anything and many moms allow their little boys to do so when with them, Assuming they're going to do so eventually anyway, despite what they might think of it, many moms say may as well make it easy on themselves now. I had overheard my two older boys speaking of doing so in middle school and warned them not to at the time, as I assumed they'd get in trouble for doing so at school. A few years later when taking my little toddler to the same school for swimming lessons their female coach walked through to hurry us along. As she did a young mom asked her where the restrooms were. She replied loudly for everyone to her, "the restrooms are back at the entrance if you must, however, the older boys mostly just pee around here, so unless you're really squeamish about being the one to encourage them, you may as well make it easy for yourselves and let the boys pee here as they'll likely do so eventually anyway.  The woman was skeptical, but, several older moms admitted that their older boys do so and I confessed to knowing about it as well. Within a few minutes all the moms were allowing their boys to do so. In the days that followed I told my older boys that I had a change of thought and was allowing their little brother to pee there as his coach and other moms were encouraging them to.  I told them not to be the only one doing so, but when others are doing so, they probably should do so too, as it's it's certainly quicker and easier and you don't want to be the only guys running off the the restrooms.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Hot 1
  • 2 weeks later...