Mattress and floor protection

This question goes out to the folks who like indoor pee fun outside of the tub but don't enjoy ruining or staining their homes/carpeting/furniture/etc. What do you use for protection? In the past I've had success (in increasing order) with

• piles of towels or laundry
    • The most obvious & readily available choice, you probably already have this
    • Protection is really hard to count on, best for playing on a hard floor
  • Carefully cut & flattened garbage bag
    • Can't really recommend this 😕
  • shower curtain liners
    • Cheap
    • don't really contain things well; I've ended up trying to build a sort of rim around the edge to prevent things from running off
  • small reusable 'waterproof' pads
    • all mentions of things being waterproof should probably go in scare quotes, but these worked fine as a patchwork on a hotel bed and floor.
  • full fitted waterproof mattress covers
    • Can be easily found on amazon for around 30$
    • Reliable so far, but I've never used one more than 3 or 4 times before I lost it
    • Takes more prep, not comfortable to keep on bed full time, not very discrete
  • Sex/waterproof throw blankets
    • I have not tried these but would like to; setup time and dealing with the mattress protector is not super fun and I don't trust their longetivity.
    • Larger blankets that look like mostly normal blankets, are not crinkly
    • Not sure what the difference is between those that are 30 dollars, 80 dollars, or the 160$ Liberator

I'm interested in trying out that last one but unsure where to start.