Effect of Meatus Shape on Pee Stream?

Wondering what people's experiences/observations are about the effect the meatus shape has on your pee stream. I find that when I retract my foreskin, my pee stream splits and sprays, and I suspect it's due to the meatus having been stretched a bit from a short frenulum. Curious to hear of anyone else's experiences to try to understand if there is a relationship there, or any way to change it.

Certainly when I pull back, or if I'm semi firm, it has quite an effect on my stream just as you say.  I always thought of it as the same as squeezing the end of a hose into a flatter shape so the  pee fans out a bit.  Also my stream will be a more powerful jet stream.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My foreskin is tight and when I retract it the stream responds in the way you and Goose describe. I'm curious as to why you would want to change things. Is it a problem? I tend to pee through my foreskin most of the time, but retract it at the end to shake off a few drops.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Kupar said:

My foreskin is tight and when I retract it the stream responds in the way you and Goose describe. I'm curious as to why you would want to change things. Is it a problem? I tend to pee through my foreskin most of the time, but retract it at the end to shake off a few drops.

Main reason is that it just makes it easier to keep clean - like short of washing under water, if you pee through the foreskin you're always going to have pee left on there. Feels like that could end up being an issue with dating, but don't want to spray all over the bathroom either.

My stream is messy when the foreskin is not retracted and has gotten kind of scrunched up from being in my pants. As long as the opening in the skin is fully open, it doesn't matter whether I retract it or not, the stream will be straight. The thing that makes it the most messy though is when a wayward pubic hair manages to get stuck to the tip in such a way that it crosses from one side of the urethral opening to the other, though that happens VERY rarely.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'm cut and still have a fanned out stream though it does round out in a few inches after leaving my penis. It all depends on how bad I have go. My meatus / slit length is about 1/2" when flaccid. I wish there was a way to decrease the spray, reducing splashes and drops other than sitting...

• Like 1