Bladder strength workouts?

I’m looking for ways to build my bladder strength. I had a pretty decently sized bladder when I was a teenager as I had to hold more. I’ve been wanting to get back to that and I think I’ve got an idea how. I’m going to try and develop a workout schedule for my bladder. I’ve got a few ideas for the actual workout but I’m open to any ideas. There’s also a mental aspect too that I’ve got ideas for. I’ve thrown meditation in as a form of recovery to help focus on the task and to process the feelings. There’s other ways to do this but that’s probably the most common. If you do decide to do something like this please be healthy and hydrated. Listen to your body and pay attention to the signs it gives off!

Here is what I’ve got so far!

Day 1: Do a hold to near bursting point. Let it slowly build and take a few hours to do this. Go pee once you have your first leak. Mediate for 15 minutes after and think about what happened and how you felt.

Day 2: Put off going pee for at least 30 minutes after you wake up but go normally throughout the day. Complete this step every day except Day 1 and Day 4.

Day 3: Follow step 2. Add meditation for at least 15 minutes before bed that day.

Day 4. Don't follow step 2. Go pee as soon as you wake up. Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day and pee after you’ve felt the urge for at least 20 minutes. Then do a much longer and intense hold in the evening until you either burst or near-bursting point depending on your situation. Mediate for 15 minutes after.

Day 5. Follow step 2 and meditate for 15 minutes before bed.

Day 6: Push your morning pee back an extra hour if possible. If unable to, 30 minutes will work. Go pee regularly after that.

Day 7: Rest or Your choice. 

Obviously if there was interest in something like this I could develop it further to like a 30 or 60 day routine. And if you do decide to do something like, please be healthy and listen to your body. 

Interesting! You have clearly thought this through. Most bladder strength training focuses on exercising pelvic floor muscles, but your proposal is a more direct outcomes-centred approach. You also measure an increase in hold time, and I wonder whether it would be appropriate or useful to measure volume as well. Just musing. I'm not a doctor!

3 minutes ago, Kupar said:

Interesting! You have clearly thought this through. Most bladder strength training focuses on exercising pelvic floor muscles, but your proposal is a more direct outcomes-centred approach. You also measure an increase in hold time, and I wonder whether it would be appropriate or useful to measure volume as well. Just musing. I'm not a doctor!

I feel like measuring would be beneficial to some. Personally size isn’t as important as being able to get used to the feeling of desperation and knowing your limits. But that’s definitely something I will add! Like every 30 days or something you record your volume and the of course at the beginning and end.

• Like 1