It's a nice idea but I think this would be very difficult to implement. The forum has no way of knowing how far down the story you have read. 

You would be best making a note of where you are in the story. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Exactly as @Sophie said.

It is worth knowing that if you are WRITING a comment on a post, then the Peefans web browser is clever enough to save a draft.  If you navigate off the page and then back to it, then click in the comment box, you should see your part written comment appear - as if by magic.

• Agree 1
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Anthony 123 said:

It would be a real help it worked @Sophie I know that works but i was reading a fictional story and i compleatley lost the story and i don't remeber its name

The site search facility is pretty good when you get into advanced search @Anthony 123.  For example you can narrow it down to only searching in a particular topic (eg fiction). Then if you can remember specific details, searching on perhaps a character's name or a location mentioned in the story may yield few enough results to be specific.

Obviously if you searched for 'beach' or 'bed' there's probably thousands of stories. But a name would hopefully be less commonplace.

Normally if you type in several words the search will return results containing 'a OR b OR c' but you can use 'AND' to search for content containing all the words or you can search for exact phrases with inverted commas.

Search 'beach wetting' - Would return all content containing 'beach' and all content containing 'wetting'

Search 'beach AND wetting' - Would return only content containing both words 'beach' and 'wetting'

Search ' "beach wetting" ' - Would return content containing the exact phrase 'beach wetting' 

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

similar, but not. is there still an option to sort converstions to show newest/most recent first? it seems that when i use PMs it defaults to the 1st message now. there was a toolbar that allowed us to sort oldest/newest in the previous iteration. 

On 2/22/2021 at 9:35 AM, Anthony 123 said:

It would be a real help it worked @Sophie I know that works but i was reading a fictional story and i compleatley lost the story and i don't remeber its name

You might make a screenshot of the title before you start reading next time. 🙂👍

8 hours ago, puddyls said:

similar, but not. is there still an option to sort converstions to show newest/most recent first? it seems that when i use PMs it defaults to the 1st message now. there was a toolbar that allowed us to sort oldest/newest in the previous iteration. 

Do you mean your inbox? Or the little private chats in the bottom corner? 

The inbox hasn't changed for me and I can still sort it like I always have. 

Screenshot_20210305-130106.png

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Sophie said:

Do you mean your inbox? Or the little private chats in the bottom corner? 

The inbox hasn't changed for me and I can still sort it like I always have. 

Screenshot_20210305-130106.png

yes. in the i box. i’ll look at it again. but didn’t see the option. 

3 minutes ago, puddyls said:

yes. in the i box. i’ll look at it again. but didn’t see the option. 

Inbox has not changed at all, so you should see be able to use the 'sort by' button above the messages as shown on Sophie's screenshot. The default is to sort by most recent reply, but you can sort by other things (like conversation start date) if preferred. Any issues let us know 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • 10 months later...

Im not admin but i wanted to inform you that you could use the follow button in the upper right corner to keep tabs on your favorite stories. 

image.png.bd6ca86070b1f5c431adfff107ac0081.png

If you are using Google Chrome or a similar browser you could use the reading list or bookmark feature to achieve a similar functionality: 

image.png.e18801c28e50850a53ee60f7ebfc143e.png

• Thanks 1