Pee Stories That Make The News

Here's one spotted today as a sponsored link on my Facebook.

https://www.lancs.live/news/uk-world-news/single-mum-bullied-teenager-wetting-25757734

Although it's a fairly long review on the Lancs Live site, it seems the lady may be from a different part of the UK.

To be fair, the Facebook article's gained the usual trollish keyboard-warrior comments, but also a fair chunk of semi-supportive comments too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

https://jezebel.com/katy-perry-talks-a-lot-about-peeing-1795272571

I'd be very happy if someone could definitely find this elusive picture. I have a theory here but it's not conclusive.

When paparazzi pictures of Perry and then-boyfriend Orlando Bloom on vacation leaked, The Mirror posted a bunch of them (this wasn’t the batch in which Bloom’s nice penis was exposed to the world from various angles). One of them contained the caption: “Singer Katy Perry and actor boyfriend Orlando Bloom pictured enjoying the second day of their holiday in Pittulongu Beach, Sardinia. Katy Perry pees on the beach without moving her swimsuit and then she covers her pee with sand.” I found no such photo evidence of Katy Perry peeing on the beach without moving her swimsuit and then covering it with sand like some shameful monkey (the picture this caption is attached to is just of Bloom’s butt) , but given all that we know about Perry I’m not gonna say for certain that it didn’t happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ha ha - great find.    I'm not laughing about the clip as such, although the other women's reaction is amusing.

Instead laughing about the way Youtube when hovering over the timeline scrubber flashes up 'most replayed: 5:45' when reaching the interesting bit.   I wonder how many of us that took? 

• Like 1

Another story of 3 passengers (2 female, 1 male) that wanted to get off the bus to pee but the driver refused. 1 of the women couldn't hold it any longer so she had to relieve herself on the bus in front of passengers. Now she's wanted by police.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/20263984.amp/

I don't get why people do this. Peeing is something we all have to do. If someone says they have to pee, you should do everything you can to accommodate them.

Edited by Foobar
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
5 minutes ago, Foobar said:

Another story of 3 passengers (2 female, 1 male) that wanted to get off the bus to pee but the driver refused. 1 of the women couldn't hold it any longer so she had to relieve herself on the bus in front of passengers. Now she's wanted by police.

I don't get why people do this. Peeing is something we all have to do. If someone says they have to pee, you should do everything you can to accommodate them.

What a very sad story all round 😞 

• Agree 1
59 minutes ago, Foobar said:

That was a situation which happened in July, more than sex months ago... it would be interesting to know if those three persons were eventually caught and which consequences had to confront with...

• Agree 1
23 hours ago, Foobar said:

I agree with @Kupar that this is very sad.   OK, so they may have had an excessive reaction and maybe they shouldn't have got to the position where they needed to pee on the bus, but fact was at least one was desperate to pee and they asked the driver to stop to achieve this.   They could have just peed quietly on the seats of the bus and the driver wouldn't have known until he got back to base, but they tried to do the right thing and get him to stop so that they didn't make a mess.   When he wouldn't stop, they maybe took a bit too much of a physical response and yes one woman peed, but sounds like she didn't have a lot of choice.

Funny how the media decides which slant to put on the story though.  They could have reported it the other way with "Bus driver wouldn't stop, forces woman to pee on the bus".  If it had been reported in that way, it would no doubt be the bus company getting grief for putting the woman in that position in the first place.

Edited by Alfresco
  • Agree 4
5 hours ago, Alfresco said:

I agree with @Kupar that this is very sad.   OK, so they may have had an excessive reaction and maybe they shouldn't have got to the position where they needed to pee on the bus, but fact was at least one was desperate to pee and they asked the driver to stop to achieve this.   They could have just peed quietly on the seats of the bus and the driver wouldn't have known until he got back to base, but they tried to do the right thing and get him to stop so that they didn't make a mess.   When he wouldn't stop, they maybe took a bit too much of a physical response and yes one woman peed, but sounds like she didn't have a lot of choice.

Funny how the media decides which slant to put on the story though.  They could have reported it the other way with "Bus driver wouldn't stop, forces woman to pee on the bus".  If it had been reported in that way, it would no doubt be the bus company getting grief for putting the woman in that position in the first place.

media does that all the time mate. Not to express any personal views on Covid or lockdown but that's probably the best example of the media spinning stories their way

• Agree 1

Mrs A and I were sat watching the TV last night when she made a comment that she had just read on her iPad about people complaining that it smelled of urine on Snowdon (the highest mountain in Wales for anyone who doesn't know).   I quizzed her more and determined that it had been reported in the news after multiple people had left bad reviews about Snowdon on Tripadvisor.

I searched it up afterwards and found that the report has made it into several newspapers.   Be warned if you click the links that there are some references to more than peeing.   The reviews on trip advisor where quite funny and centred around an American tourist who had complained: "There are no lavatories for all those who climb up and trek back.  People seem to relieve themselves out in the open giving a whiff of urine smell everywhere in this hillside." 

What makes it all the more funny is that Snowdon is probably actually the ONLY mountain in the UK that DOES have toilets at the top.   To be fair, they have been closed since 2019, but are reopening this year.   The reason that they are closed is that they are part of a cafe on the top of the mountain.   It is served by the Snowdon Mountain Railway which takes all the supplies to the top of the mountain including all the water used by the toilets and also the people that staff the cafe.   The railway closed at the end of the 2019 season, then was closed due to Covid, then there was maintenance to the top section of the railway, so there was no (easy) way of getting the necessary supplies and staff to the cafe and toilets.  

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/american-tourist-angry-welsh-mountain-29073450

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/people-climbing-snowdon-complain-smells-26104883

You would think that most people who are hikers would not expect to have the luxury of toilets on mountains, but obviously some of the people heading up there had unrealistic expectations.   Also, the sheer popularity of Snowdon means that the amount of people peeing up there is somewhat greater than most other UK mountains and there is little in the way of cover, so some people have witnessed more than they wanted (however, I'm planning my trip there now!) and there is somewhat of a residual smell when it hasn't rained for a while.

This issue last hit the headlines during Covid when everything was closed by far more people than normal went to hike up Snowdon.   At that point the public toilets near parking points at the start were also closed, so the problem was even greater.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
48 minutes ago, Alfresco said:

Mrs A and I were sat watching the TV last night when she made a comment that she had just read on her iPad about people complaining that it smelled of urine on Snowdon (the highest mountain in Wales for anyone who doesn't know).   I quizzed her more and determined that it had been reported in the news after multiple people had left bad reviews about Snowdon on Tripadvisor.

I searched it up afterwards and found that the report has made it into several newspapers.   Be warned if you click the links that there are some references to more than peeing.   The reviews on trip advisor where quite funny and centred around an American tourist who had complained: "There are no lavatories for all those who climb up and trek back.  People seem to relieve themselves out in the open giving a whiff of urine smell everywhere in this hillside." 

What makes it all the more funny is that Snowdon is probably actually the ONLY mountain in the UK that DOES have toilets at the top.   To be fair, they have been closed since 2019, but are reopening this year.   The reason that they are closed is that they are part of a cafe on the top of the mountain.   It is served by the Snowdon Mountain Railway which takes all the supplies to the top of the mountain including all the water used by the toilets and also the people that staff the cafe.   The railway closed at the end of the 2019 season, then was closed due to Covid, then there was maintenance to the top section of the railway, so there was no (easy) way of getting the necessary supplies and staff to the cafe and toilets.  

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/american-tourist-angry-welsh-mountain-29073450

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/people-climbing-snowdon-complain-smells-26104883

You would think that most people who are hikers would not expect to have the luxury of toilets on mountains, but obviously some of the people heading up there had unrealistic expectations.   Also, the sheer popularity of Snowdon means that the amount of people peeing up there is somewhat greater than most other UK mountains and there is little in the way of cover, so some people have witnessed more than they wanted (however, I'm planning my trip there now!) and there is somewhat of a residual smell when it hasn't rained for a while.

This issue last hit the headlines during Covid when everything was closed by far more people than normal went to hike up Snowdon.   At that point the public toilets near parking points at the start were also closed, so the problem was even greater.

omg that's funny.... they're expecting there to be toilets 🤣🤣

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, MonsterKane46 said:

omg that's funny.... they're expecting there to be toilets 🤣🤣

Yes and given that most people take between 5 and 7 hours to walk up Snowdon, I would say that the vast majority of people that make that trip have to pee outside at some point.  Surely any avid walker would know that was part of the deal.

• Agree 1
15 minutes ago, Alfresco said:

Yes and given that most people take between 5 and 7 hours to walk up Snowdon, I would say that the vast majority of people that make that trip have to pee outside at some point.  Surely any avid walker would know that was part of the deal.

If they try the Crib Goch path I would think many a walker would wet themselves!

Edited by Kupar
Typo
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Alfresco said:

haha yes mate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right...   I don't think this is necessarily in 'the news' and I sincerely apologise (genuinely) for any implication that I may be  supporting the Sun newspaper (the Scum as it's generally known to a lot of my close friends).

Also, I have never watched a second of Love Island - but did find this promoted on one of my social media feeds.   Synopsis - pretty, blonde, northern lass wees in the bath and has other pee related habits she doesn't mind sharing.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/21517231/love-island-claudiadisgusting-habit-wee-bath/

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
11 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Right...   I don't think this is necessarily in 'the news' and I sincerely apologise (genuinely) for any implication that I may be  supporting the Sun newspaper (the Scum as it's generally known to a lot of my close friends).

Also, I have never watched a second of Love Island - but did find this promoted on one of my social media feeds.   Synopsis - pretty, blonde, northern lass wees in the bath and has other pee related habits she doesn't mind sharing.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/21517231/love-island-claudiadisgusting-habit-wee-bath/

"Claudia p***ing in the bath is absolutely the most Blackburn thing I have ever heard of." Haha!

• Like 1
22 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

never watched it either but now I kind of want to coz I love the confession thar she pees in the bath. 😍

Love some of the reactions to it.... like they don't pee in the shower themselves 🤣

On 3/6/2023 at 11:06 PM, gldenwetgoose said:

You saw it here first…. Get yourselves into town and make the most of the chance now while you can:

D624FBA8-9E16-48A4-B030-07A325260F39.thumb.jpeg.fc244c7080c700377cc0ff0a7d785acb.jpeg

So, the fact that it is going to be banned means the it is perfectly acceptable at the moment....

And when it is banned, it won't make the slightest difference except that maybe people will be a little more discreet about where they choose to partake of these acts and maybe a very small percentage might get caught and brought to task by the police.

In reality, if you are in the street late at night and your bladder is full, it is going to get emptied one way or another - just find a quieter corner first.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...