Site Question / Help What does it mean?

At the bottom of the 'post' window where I'm typing now is the box to attach images - either by dragging from a window or by clicking on choose files.  If you're on a phone browser it may give slightly different options, like take a picture etc.

Either way there are only certain types of image files which can be uploaded to the site - still pictures which at JPEG format (name ending .jpeg .jpg or .jpe) or also .png and then .gif motion clips.

So if you tried to attach any other types, like .mp4 or .mov or perhaps .pdf you'd get those kind of errors.

6 minutes ago, JMY said:

Erm....that is why i was asking,because i dont understand all the peg png gif malarkey..Ill give it up.How are you supposed to know if its a gif or a ping whatever!

That depends where you're looking... If it's an image you've saved to a hard drive then your windows explorer or similar should let you see the file type as well as the name of the image.

image.thumb.png.677094016e69e54aaf88db340a2f061b.png

If you're looking at a picture in a web browser - and you're seeing only that picture without any border or webpage - then if you click the browser address, look for the .jpg or similar in the address...  (see on the right it has .jpg)

image.thumb.png.9fa59ec2915d731feb24fd703548d805.png

Now if you're seeing .html or .htm that's the webpage and not the picture, or if it's a video it's most likely not going to be the right type.

• Like 1