what's your house

Jar351

Without actually having access to a real Sorting Hat, is there a way to decide...?  or does one just pick one according to preferences?  If it's personal choice I'm guessing there'd be an awful lot of Gryfindors and Slytherins, but not many of the other two houses.

• 6 months later...
On 1/6/2021 at 11:31 AM, gldenwetgoose said:

Without actually having access to a real Sorting Hat, is there a way to decide...?  or does one just pick one according to preferences?  If it's personal choice I'm guessing there'd be an awful lot of Gryfindors and Slytherins, but not many of the other two houses.

Oh my dear no!!!! Don't you know you go take the Pottermore quiz... 😜 Haha my friends and I are all major harry potter geeks and we have all been made to take this quiz lol. 

35 minutes ago, IEnjoyPiss said:

Real question is what's your wand? 

Just for the record, mine's 13" Elder Wood, Dragon Heartstring. Despite my suggesting I might quite like something in black metal. Ah well.

• Haha 1

I'm in real danger here of upsetting a large part of our overseas  Harry Potter fans...  no unforgivable curses please.

If you ever get the chance, a visit to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Leavesden, near Watford, north of London is WELL worth the visit.  Whereas places like Universal Orlando have very grand facades, the UK attraction is a real studio tour.  Stand in the great hall, cross the rickety bridge and see real artefacts from the filming.

• Love 2
Just now, Sweets said:

Gryffindor.    I’ve been to the on in California.  I would love to go to the one in London I have a curio cabinet full of Harry Potter stuff also found a purse and wall on amazon.  

253AAEE6-4196-4626-9BFB-F33C9D07E16C.jpeg

DB942643-EEA0-459B-8FD9-D31888C435A6.jpeg

• Love 1
On 8/5/2021 at 3:10 PM, gldenwetgoose said:

I'm in real danger here of upsetting a large part of our overseas  Harry Potter fans...  no unforgivable curses please.

If you ever get the chance, a visit to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Leavesden, near Watford, north of London is WELL worth the visit.  Whereas places like Universal Orlando have very grand facades, the UK attraction is a real studio tour.  Stand in the great hall, cross the rickety bridge and see real artefacts from the filming.

Been there a few times, 100% recommend it for sure absolutely a place to go with the family. 

I got Gryffindor - somewhat surprised as I thought I'd be more likely Ravenclaw, but there you go.   

image.thumb.png.8d25c411f1e6081ed2ff498ddb27fffd.png

On 8/5/2021 at 3:10 PM, gldenwetgoose said:

If you ever get the chance, a visit to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Leavesden, near Watford, north of London is WELL worth the visit.  

It's been on my list to do for several years.  I really must get round to it.  My daughter and wife are not interested though, so it will probably end up being a trip for me on my own and as I never seem to get much time for solo jaunts, that is probably why I still haven't been.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Alfresco said:

I got Gryffindor - somewhat surprised as I thought I'd be more likely Ravenclaw, but there you go.   

image.thumb.png.8d25c411f1e6081ed2ff498ddb27fffd.png

It's been on my list to do for several years.  I really must get round to it.  My daughter and wife are not interested though, so it will probably end up being a trip for me on my own and as I never seem to get much time for solo jaunts, that is probably why I still haven't been.

I'll bet the Hogwarts Express holds plenty of interest for you! 😀

Mr E is Hufflepuff, in case anyone was wondering. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1