2021 - Hopes, dreams, aspirations

lovestoseepee

As 2020 is drawing to a close I thought I would post this to see what everyone's hopes, dreams, aspirations ect. are. I am posting this since 2020 has been a difficult and strange year for most and by posting this I hope it gives people some light relief by stopping and thinking about the above. I appreciate 2021 will probably be mostly the same as this year there is no harm (in my opinion) in thinking about this since COVID could miraculously disappear (I know this is unlikely) and if it does it could be good to think about this.

For me I hope to be able to travel, maybe make more of an effort to try and meet new people. Even find a partner (to spend the rest of my life with), since 2020 has made me realise how things can change suddenly and unexpectedly (I think I knew this before but took it for granted slightly).

Please share below what yours are and I look forward to reading them 🙂 

I want to find stable employment, make some friends in my new country, move to the city (I currently live in a village 2 hours away), and do more home cooking and working on my fitness. Travelling would also be great, even just within the country. In non-covid times there's so much to see and do nearby. I've been working on some of this with some progress but the isolation of lockdowns and the lack of human contact has been getting to me. Here's hoping 2021 is better

• Like 1

Biggest dream is that we could get rid of this nasty covid-pandemic as propably everyone hopes. Then it will opens up many good opportunities do the normal things again and travelling freely.

And offcourse more exercise and better lifestyle like every year promised, thats the classic.

The last part of this year has seems to have been trying to kill off any dreams I have (and I'm now completely rewriting this an hour later because I'm not going to let it).

It's easy to think that way when at every glance of social media, news and opinion I just seem to be reminded of the predicament the world faces itself in.  The hypocrisy, the I-know-best attitudes at every turn.

Honestly - I just want to get on with normal life. To be able to get back on aeroplanes, to travel, to have a drink with friends.  Host our annual vintage festival in the open air with people able to visit freely.  Whether all of those things happen is out of my hands - but what I can do is try to make the most of every moment. Maybe not every moment, the last couple of weeks have shown me there will be times to be honest and inward looking - but there will be times to be forwards and upwards looking too and I hope those will win overall.

The last year has seen me growing in my interactions with some of my friends here - sharing more and giving more about myself. There are still a lot of reasons to keep aspects of my life private - but in other ways lots to share.  I'm still on the journey of realising who I am now. In my mind I'm still the shy awkward teenager who couldn't talk to a girl if his life depended on it, so to have friends here offering to tinkle in my bed or cross streams in the woods is incredibly uplifting.  (I know that a friend on the other side of the Atlantic isn't likely to get the opportunity to tinkle for me in reality, and a friend a hundred miles away probably neither - but they are beautiful and uplifting thoughts). 

So, hopefully I've convinced myself not to be depressing in this post to end the year on -  I have all you guys. All the rest is a bonus.

[That was heavily edited - the original is quoted below, written prior to a coffee!]

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

The last part of this year has almost killed off any dreams I have to be honest - at every glance of social media, news and opinion I just seem to be reminded of the predicament the world faces itself in.  The hypocrisy, the I-know-best attitudes at every turn.

Honestly - I just want to get on with normal life. To be able to get back on aeroplanes, to travel, to have a drink with friends.

Sorry, depressing post to end the year on - but at least I have all you guys.

Hang on in there Goose. You know where I am.

• Love 2

Attributes of the modern world amplify, accelerate and polarise many aspects of life. It's harder to keep a long view in mind; harder to remain dispassionate and rational. And yet connectedness across distance and time provides some measure of comfort.

Think of it in these terms: we might feel desperate. We are holding on for something good that's coming. There are people online who are sharing our desperation with us, and encouraging us. We know that time is coming when there will be sweet relief. We can experience that relief in many ways - in old familiar places or new. Alone or with others. We can share the results with others who will appreciate what we have done.

When you think of 2020, and 2021, think of pee. You may find it all seems better. 

• Love 2