Highly trained or just average guy?

willinglywet

So this is for you girls out there, would you prefer a guy who is well trained and muscular with very low fat percent or just an average guy or something else?

Decided to make this topic because there are lot of topics over the net about preferences of girls in the view of guys.

Hopefully a quick bump up the page will gain a few more responses - as a guy I'm hoping for a certain unanimous response.  Not that it really makes a difference to me.

I'm pretty sure my wife would agree with the preference for 'normal', she accepted me so that gives me a clue (or she's even easier pleased than that. Bless her lol).

I do wonder whether, without getting to know the guy first, there's a stereotype assumption that anyone who places a high priority on their physical appearance is going to be very self-focussed, maybe shallow.  On the opposite hand maybe a guy who works hard to keep in shape would be perceived as healthy, strong and a protector in a sort of alpha male, survival of the fittest way.  In the movies there does seem to be that image of big muscly guys as being all brawn and no brain.

So widening the question beyond just the ladies:  For all those attracted to men - is first glance physical appearance enough to put you off, and what are your preferences?

1 hour ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Hopefully a quick bump up the page will gain a few more responses - as a guy I'm hoping for a certain unanimous response.  Not that it really makes a difference to me.

I'm pretty sure my wife would agree with the preference for 'normal', she accepted me so that gives me a clue (or she's even easier pleased than that. Bless her lol).

I do wonder whether, without getting to know the guy first, there's a stereotype assumption that anyone who places a high priority on their physical appearance is going to be very self-focussed, maybe shallow.  On the opposite hand maybe a guy who works hard to keep in shape would be perceived as healthy, strong and a protector in a sort of alpha male, survival of the fittest way.  In the movies there does seem to be that image of big muscly guys as being all brawn and no brain.

So widening the question beyond just the ladies:  For all those attracted to men - is first glance physical appearance enough to put you off, and what are your preferences?

What's quite interesting here is the fact that not every male on this site reveals much visually about themselves (though some do) but that doesn't stop people (women and other men developing relationships of various kinds - genuine friendships, fantasies) with them. I would like to think that many on this site aren't typical of the world at large, and perhaps look for different things. I might be wrong! 

For what it's worth, my wife has expressed a preference for the 'average guy' over the gym rat, which is just as well. For myself, there's no doubt that I find a fit man attractive, but I don't put much emphasis on that aspect to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...