Ask this gamer anything!

T-Virus

7 hours ago, Kupar said:

Right then. Since I happen to be on the site, I will kick off the questions 🙂 

What would your dream job be?

Creating video games! I adore 3D software and gaming, so being able to create my own games would be awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, T-Virus said:

Creating video games! I adore 3D software and gaming, so being able to create my own games would be awesome.

You ever dabble in any game dev? Any programming experience ?

I've only done some 2d game dev with programs like game make but want to switch to 3d with something like unreal engine/unity

On 12/20/2020 at 2:34 PM, SheCallsMeCosa said:

You ever dabble in any game dev? Any programming experience ?

I've only done some 2d game dev with programs like game make but want to switch to 3d with something like unreal engine/unity

Not at the moment, so I don't have any experience. >.< I've got Unreal Engine, but I haven't gotten around to test driving it yet.

Obvious questions, though this is general chat so I’m not sure whether they’re off topic. And they’re kinda personal so obviously feel free to not answer:

How did you find out you were into pee, and... when did you realise you were pan?

• Like 2

Ok - a couple of related questions from me...   If you were to travel anywhere in the world and you could choose any method of travel, where would you go, what would be your choice of transport and why?

I know the world is a big place - so how about a semi-feasible realistic answer and then a money-no-object fantasy answer?

• Like 3
On 12/23/2020 at 6:12 AM, oliver2 said:

Obvious questions, though this is general chat so I’m not sure whether they’re off topic. And they’re kinda personal so obviously feel free to not answer:

How did you find out you were into pee, and... when did you realise you were pan?

I've been into pee since I was really young. At the time, I had no clue what fetishes were. Heck, even when I was old enough to know (Thirteen if I recall before we left home) I had no clue until we got the internet. As for being pansexual, I discovered I liked both women and mtf trans women during my video scouring days. Back then, I didn't even know that there was such a thing as being pansexual, until I discovered one of my other favorite sites around 2016 and began to take an interest in feminine males. (But for me, they have to be really feminine, like this fellow for example: original.jpg

Around that time I had read up on pansexuality and finally realized that I had it. Coming out to my family about it scared the life out of me so bad that I cried. My parents approved, and thankfully all was well. However, that was around 2018 or 19, so it was a few years of keeping it hidden just in case. 

On 12/23/2020 at 7:00 AM, gldenwetgoose said:

Ok - a couple of related questions from me...   If you were to travel anywhere in the world and you could choose any method of travel, where would you go, what would be your choice of transport and why?

I know the world is a big place - so how about a semi-feasible realistic answer and then a money-no-object fantasy answer?

Realistic wise, back to Tennesse. Especially a stop back to where our old house used to stand, so I could come to terms and hopefully put my severe homesickness to bed. And since our neighbors drove us down here, I'd like to drive back.

Fantasy wise, Japan. It not only looks like a fun place to hang out and go on vacation, but I'd love to go ghost/Yokai hunting there. (Realistically, I do want to go there, but my Thanatophobia keeps me from getting on a plane. Not sure about a boat, however)

22 hours ago, Bacardi said:

So which title deserves GOTY? Sony or Microsoft (No PC)? Since you wanna be a game developer, what's the first thing you would do if you were hired on with Bethesda and you were put in charge of debugging their games?

Hm, that's a tough one! In my eyes, every game has it's award winning stories and designs, but also their issues. If I had to pick, I'd say Doom Eternal. It not only continues the Doom storyline, but picks up where it's first reboot/continuation left off, giving us more insight as to what's happening to Earth and how Doomguy plans to save it. 

As for being hired by Bethesda, if I were an employee tasked with removing bugs, I'd try to sit down with the higher ups and discuss postponing the release date of the latest game so we could stamp out the game breaking bugs that would ruin a player's experience. 

9 hours ago, p1ssputz said:

Programmer here.

Do you have any experience with programming at all? If not, it might be an uphill battle for you. (Unreal Engine does have a scripting solution through their Blueprints, but from what I understand, if you want to really get into things on a deeper level, you'll need to know C++. It's been a while since I've messed with UE.) Unity is another one to check out if you're more familiar with C# or ECMAScript.

Other than that, considering the title - what got you into gaming and what genre and generation of games is your favorite? (For example, I still have my SNES and many of those games are definitive of the genre for me. A friend of mine, on the other hand, was always into FPSes like Doom and Quake - also genre-defining.)

It's going to be an uphill battle for me. I have zero experience, sadly. 

As for what got me into gaming, Doom 1 and 2. Those were my first games in my childhood. My favorite genre would have to be survival horror, like Resident Evil, for example. As for generation, I guess you could say early 2000's. 

• Love 1