Would you mind if a man peed in the ladies' room?

Would you mind if a man peed in the ladies' room?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you mind if a man peed in the ladies' room?

11 minutes ago, Lilipee said:

Because of the many ways to identity sexuality today, I honestly think separate male and female restrooms should be a thing of the past and replaced by restrooms for everyone.  Similar to ladies rooms, everything will be done in separate stalls for privacy.  Each stall could have a toilet and a urinal.  

I think that is how things will go @Lilipee. I would miss the efficiency and camaraderie of a row of urinals or a trough-style urinal, but I really can't see those surviving in the future.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Eliminature said:

Perhaps, but I just can't see guys putting up with the lengthy queues, to be fair. Maybe a communal urinal in another room, to bypass queues? Simply labelled as "Urinal" as @Alfresco describes so both ladies and gentlemen can use it? With hand basins too, of course. 

That sounds eminently sensible @Eliminature. I really hope that planners and architects and the general public embrace that idea.

Incidentally, there was a (mildly) amusing event when my daughter (21 at the time) and I went to see King Crimson at Symphony Hall in Birmingham a couple of years ago. Unsurprisingly she was one of about, err..., 1 young women in the audience of 99.9% middle aged men. The queues for the toilets at the end of the gig were completely the opposite of the usual. I was tempted to follow her into the ladies. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Eliminature said:

Perhaps, but I just can't see guys putting up with the lengthy queues

Well, what are we gonna do about it? Just find some corner, unzip, whip it out and spray in some corner or other leaving an obvious piss stream down the wall and on the ground? (Well, yeah, probably...)

• Like 1
  • Cheeky 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, oliver2 said:

Well, what are we gonna do about it? Just find some corner, unzip, whip it out and spray in some corner or other leaving an obvious piss stream down the wall and on the ground? (Well, yeah, probably...)

That. Precisely that. 😀 Or go outside somewhere. Ultimately guys would just not put up with queues. I guess how discreetly or not they did it would depend on the establishment and its clientele. 

It would also mean that guys would have to confront the reality that us women also evacuate our bowels (shock horror!), and that once a month we have an additional reason to be in the lavatory too. Not you guys, but I can imagine many men would be squeamish about those things. 

Speaking for myself, as long as guys (and other girls) let me "sit down" and pacify my monthly visitor in relative privacy, I'm happy for them to watch me standing.

Edited by Eliminature
Speaking for myself
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, oliver2 said:

Iam not against doing this hahahaha

• Like 1

I agree with @Lillipee that the changes in the way people publicly identify their sexuality means that gender specific toilets must have their days numbered, or people will get more used to seeing people of different gender types in both ladies and gentlemen's toilets.  However, I think that there is a long way to go before we get there in the UK and probably even more so in the USA.  

I do think most ladies in the UK without the pee fetish would be shocked to see a man in the ladies - unless the gents is closed or the queues are horrendous.  I think they would be worried that they were some kind of predator, although it is silly because when ladies go into the toilet they enclose themselves in cubicles and the men using the toilet couldn't see anything anyway.   In the opposite circumstance ladies go into the mens and they can see a lot more!   I've seen ladies in the men's toilets several times - particularly at shows in large venues and also in London's West End theatres.   They don't hide the fact that they are standing enjoying the view whilst they wait for the cubicles.

I have also been to some gender neutral toilets which were in a workplace and had multiple cubicles.  It seemed that the people who worked there didn't mind at all.   It was rather surreal though to be washing my hands next to a lady in business attire when we both came out of the cubicles.  I've also used gender neutral toilets when I went on a course at a small place that had two cubicles within one toilet room.   Nobody seemed to mind there, but I must admit that I enjoyed listening to some of the sounds.

I think that there is a problem with having toilets where every toilet is in a cubicle.  Firstly if you go for the equivalent of ladies toilets where each cubicle has a standard toilet, then you waste a lot of water flushing every time.   Secondly, if you go for the option of a urinal and a toilet in each cubicle, then that means taking up more space and also you are halving the throughput because you have two facilities in each cubicle and only one being used at a time - unless you are very friendly with someone, in which case there are some good opportunities there.

@Eliminature's idea of a separate urinal room is a step in the right direction, but take it one stage further and go with the way they do things in some European places - particularly  France.   It is commonplace in small establishments to have unisex toilets with urinals and cubicles.   Sometimes the urinals are first and the ladies have to walk past the men at the urinals to get to the cubicles, but it would be just as easy to have the cubicles as you go in, then have the urinals at the far end with a screen that you walk past so you would only see the people using the urinals if you chose to walk past that divider.   Anyone could use the urinals (male and female), but also anyone using the urinal would know this and would have to be accepting of the fact that someone of a different gender could turn up next to them at any time.  That way would work for me and I think most men (and some ladies) would use the urinals because they are quicker and use less water.  Those who are a bit shy can still use the cubicles.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Kupar said:

That sounds eminently sensible @Eliminature. I really hope that planners and architects and the general public embrace that idea.

Incidentally, there was a (mildly) amusing event when my daughter (21 at the time) and I went to see King Crimson at Symphony Hall in Birmingham a couple of years ago. Unsurprisingly she was one of about, err..., 1 young women in the audience of 99.9% middle aged men. The queues for the toilets at the end of the gig were completely the opposite of the usual. I was tempted to follow her into the ladies. 

You should have.

• Like 1

I think separate rooms for male/female will soon become a thing of the past. The world is beginning to wake up to how silly and non-inclusive it is to split people this way.

Although, I do see some issues with the more open parts of a men’s bathroom, ie. the urinal. With some sort of wall/partition though, those facilities could easily be fit into a gender less bathroom. Even troughs or other communal urinal solutions could work in that situation. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ms. Tito said:

Ok I'd pee next to a man in the ladies room so long as he is wearing a dress and pees somewhere that I can see it. Those are the only rules. 

haha need femboy.

Honestly that sounds really lovely i’d deffinately wear a dress if it wasn’t such a taboo in public 😅

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Ms. Tito said:

Ok I'd pee next to a man in the ladies room so long as he is wearing a dress and pees somewhere that I can see it. Those are the only rules. 

(Comedy of errors involving wriggling around each other in a small cubicle, trying to manipulate penis, underwear and dress in the right order)

”Yeah, well, I’m not used to wearing a dress. I could just sit and pee but then you wouldn’t see anything and you wouldn’t like that”

”How am I supposed to go now, with an erection like this?”

”Well I’ll try that but it’s a bit large”

Edited by oliver2
😉
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...