High tech Japanese hotel toilet

Kupar

I was reminded of a toilet in a hotel room in Tokyo where I stayed on business four years ago. Not only a heated seat but little buttons for various water features. When I pressed the 'shower' one a little robot arm appeared from under the seat rim and sprayed water everywhere. If you weren't sitting on the toilet at the time it showered the bathroom floor. I had hours of fun. 

I know these sort of things are more common now but at the time I had never seen anything like it.

Any other unusual toilets? (I know there's a urinal thread elsewhere.)

FB_IMG_1606202376754.jpg

On 11/24/2020 at 7:44 AM, Kupar said:

Thinking about it, I suppose it's possible the little robot arm could have been fitted with a camera. Japan is a strange place after all.

This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it did contain a camera (as there are lots of videos out there of Japanese ladies caught using the toilet and seemingly being unaware they are being filmed).

Also high tech toilets have been around for years. I remember on family holidays the hotel we used to stay at had self cleaning toilets. The idea used to scare me though since I was worried about taking too long in there and then drowning. I know this would have been unlikely, since there would have most likely been safety features to prevent the cleaning from starting until it was empty. Also there probably wouldn't have been enough water to drown in (unless of course the drainage system became blocked and cleaning system malfunctioned and continued dispensing water). I was a child at the time and looking back on this fear it was probably most likely irrational but then again as a child one does have irrational fears.

• Love 1
On 11/24/2020 at 7:38 AM, Kupar said:

I was reminded of a toilet in a hotel room in Tokyo where I stayed on business four years ago. Not only a heated seat but little buttons for various water features. When I pressed the 'shower' one a little robot arm appeared from under the seat rim and sprayed water everywhere. If you weren't sitting on the toilet at the time it showered the bathroom floor. I had hours of fun. 

I know these sort of things are more common now but at the time I had never seen anything like it.

FB_IMG_1606202376754.jpg

Maybe not the sexiest review, but Bike Racer turned TV Presenter Guy Martin came across these in his 'Our Guy In Japan' programme...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Maybe not the sexiest review, but Bike Racer turned TV Presenter Guy Martin came across these in his 'Our Guy In Japan' programme...

Thanks! But he's irritating, isn't he?!

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Kupar said:

Thanks! But he's irritating, isn't he?!

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, I think he's an absolute legend. 

I live near him and have met him (even got a photo together!) 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
On 11/24/2020 at 6:08 PM, Kupar said:

In Thailand all toilets have a hand held bidet sprayer,  affectionately known as a "bum gun."   It is so much cleaner than using paper.

Thailand-toilet-.thumb.jpg.65f061d107ad696902dc6f1a5dede7d2.jpg

After my last trip I installed one at home.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, likesToLick said:

In Thailand all toilets have a hand held bidet sprayer,  affectionately known as a "bum gun."   It is so much cleaner than using paper.

Wow ... I had no idea they were so well used in Asia!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, likesToLick said:

My parents have one in their bathroom and they are actually known as a douche spray. But I love the affectionate name and can understand the practical uses of them.

Edited by lovestoseepee
  • Like 2

I had one of these installed after travel to Japan. They run about $250/$300 US plus the cost of having an outlet located near the toilet. It does have repeat female visitors looking forward to using my bathroom and more recently has kept me out of the toilet paper shortage scuffles. 

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 11/24/2020 at 6:14 PM, Kupar said:

Thinking about it, I suppose it's possible the little robot arm could have been fitted with a camera. Japan is a strange place after all.

I wouldn’t think so. 😆 But maybe it depends on the kind of hotel you stayed in. If it were a Love Hotel….😜

4 hours ago, MidoriLemonade85 said:

We have one installed. If I can take a decent photo of it, I will upload. This is one from our travels in Western Japan. You can see the remote control. Also, toilet slippers! Very important. If there are no toilet slippers outside the door, the toilet is in use! 

D86CCD58-6DA0-4673-83D5-B6248F8B7A30.jpeg

This is the one we installed.

AFFF081D-C46A-4C0D-B3F3-0C8577D85374.jpeg

Our remote control. 

296C2A9A-C498-4BA9-828F-8C461C252ACD.jpeg

And yes! It’s in English!! 

Thanks @Sophie😘

I once saw a video on Youtube of a couple staying in Japan (at least I think it was there) and the woman was trying out one of these toilets. It was great because not only was she pretty, she was laughing about it the whole time and describing what it was like to use the different spray settings. Also, she wasn't aware that her boyfriend/husband was filming her trying it out--or at least she pretended like she didn't, though it was rather hard to explain why she was talking about everything she was doing if she thought it was only the two of them. At one point she said "You are NOOOT filming this, are you?" while having her jaw open and giggling. 

I thought I'd bookmarked the video, but I can't find it in my bookmarks--it's possible that I downloaded it instead and I'm remembering watching the downloaded video. The closest thing I  find to it now is this, but it's certainly not the same one (and not nearly as fun to watch--neither for the humor nor the pee content).

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Carb0nBased said:

I once saw a video on Youtube of a couple staying in Japan (at least I think it was there) and the woman was trying out one of these toilets. It was great because not only was she pretty, she was laughing about it the whole time and describing what it was like to use the different spray settings. Also, she wasn't aware that her boyfriend/husband was filming her trying it out--or at least she pretended like she didn't, though it was rather hard to explain why she was talking about everything she was doing if she thought it was only the two of them. At one point she said "You are NOOOT filming this, are you?" while having her jaw open and giggling. 

I thought I'd bookmarked the video, but I can't find it in my bookmarks--it's possible that I downloaded it instead and I'm remembering watching the downloaded video. The closest thing I  find to it now is this, but it's certainly not the same one (and not nearly as fun to watch--neither for the humor nor the pee content).

I know exactly which video you mean. I remember getting annoyed at how she said "oscillating"

Blonde woman, pulls down her underwear and sits down.

"You are not recording this..." laughing face "Okay...you are"

On 4/24/2023 at 3:58 PM, Sophie said:

I know exactly which video you mean. I remember getting annoyed at how she said "oscillating"

Blonde woman, pulls down her underwear and sits down.

"You are not recording this..." laughing face "Okay...you are"

Yes, that's definitely the video. She said it like "osculating"--which coincidentally is a formal word for "kissing" lol--like she obviously hadn't seen the word before. And she had curly blond hair. It actually makes more sense that she said the part about "you are not recording this" before all the narration, rather than at the end when she was getting up as I had recalled, as that would explain why she spent the whole video as though she were talking to a non-existent audience.

I think the actual peeing was left in that video, rather than being edited over or simply not existing as in most other "trying a bidet" videos. The fact that you mention the sitting down being included supports this. Of course it wasn't visible on screen in any case, but even just hearing and knowing it is happening is special for Youtube.

• 9 months later...
On 4/27/2023 at 8:22 AM, Carb0nBased said:

Yes, that's definitely the video. She said it like "osculating"--which coincidentally is a formal word for "kissing" lol--like she obviously hadn't seen the word before. And she had curly blond hair. It actually makes more sense that she said the part about "you are not recording this" before all the narration, rather than at the end when she was getting up as I had recalled, as that would explain why she spent the whole video as though she were talking to a non-existent audience.

I think the actual peeing was left in that video, rather than being edited over or simply not existing as in most other "trying a bidet" videos. The fact that you mention the sitting down being included supports this. Of course it wasn't visible on screen in any case, but even just hearing and knowing it is happening is special for Youtube.

Sorry to revive this topic nearly a year later, but I have just stumbled across the video!

https://thisvid.com/videos/wife-demonstrates-toilet-literally/

• Love 1
On 1/30/2024 at 7:55 AM, Sophie said:

Sorry to revive this topic nearly a year later, but I have just stumbled across the video!

https://thisvid.com/videos/wife-demonstrates-toilet-literally/

Yes, that's definitely it. Though she looks different than I remember her, I thought she had curly wavy hair, and also that the picture was much better quality. I'm thinking I probably had it jumbled up in my mind with one of the many other "trying a bidet" videos on Youtube.