The PeeFans Sports Club

On 5/8/2023 at 10:17 AM, Hightower said:

Just missed a 160kg atlas stone at the weekend, the stone hadn't been cleaned in ages so it was covered in grime+old baked on tacky so the tacky on my hands just peeled that off once I got it about a foot off the ground, needed an extra 6 inches or so to be able to lap it

With a clean stone I think I'd have a crack at it, loaded a 140 to 56" on Thursday so 160 to 48 or so should be there

I think we are missing a WOW reaction option here.   That's incredibly impressive.

I've had a few cycle rides recently - nothing overly impressive, but just nice to get out and burn a few calories and get the heart rate up for a time.

On Friday I went for a 3 mile paddle in my kayak on the canal.  That was good as I haven't been out in the kayak since I injured my shoulder back in October.   Oh and if anyone's interested, I stopped at the turning point, popped the spray deck off and peed up and over the cockpit rim to make a nice arc landing in the water.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Sophie said:

So... tomorrow is exciting!

My daughter asked me today about cycling milestones and I told her a common one is 50 miles. She told me that was way too much for her and asked me if I could go with her for 30 miles instead? YES!! So tomorrow we are going for a 30 mile bike ride together, going to get up nice and early and just enjoy ourselves. I have a route in mind with a cafe stop at 15 miles, and depending on how she feels we can either continue our ride for an additional 15 miles, or go another way and it's only 5 miles back to home. 

I am not sure why she is suddenly interested in riding a relatively long distance but I am all for it. I love our mother daughter time on the bikes.

This is lovely ❤️. I know you'll have a great time 😊

• Love 1

Just a 5k run this weekend and a 40mile bike ride. Legs have been stiff from a lovely shirt break at the start of the week which involved a lot of walking. It's was great to get away though so well worth the aches

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LovesToWet said:

Just a 5k run this weekend and a 40mile bike ride. Legs have been stiff from a lovely shirt break at the start of the week which involved a lot of walking. It's was great to get away though so well worth the aches

Excellent!

2 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

I'll be fine, my body will mend. Just hope I'm not too nervous to get back on a bike, it's not very appealing at the mo

Oh! Get well soon my friend x

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Alfresco said:

Lunch time today, I decided that it is not right to spend all day sat at the desk and so I took an extended lunch, put a kayak on the top of the car and went for a paddle on the canal.

A great idea @Alfresco 🙂 Hope you don't have to work too late this afternoon to catch up

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Bacardi said:

Today I did some work with my physical therapist for an injury I sustained in my neck and pain in my back. She told me she can tell I've lost weight since the last time I saw her (October-January). It made me feel really great, and I feel even better because I've added 2 lb hand weights to my treadmill routine. 

My mom got me a tiny treadmill for Christmas and in Jan/Feb I started walking on it to reach 10k steps a day at least 5 days a week, but I go for 7 if I can. I don't use a scale to measure weight loss as I am a woman who gets a regular menstrual cycle that cause me to gain/retain/lose weight on a daily basis. But from pictures and the way my clothes are fitting i can tell I've lost weight and I can't wait to see how my body reacts to using the weights when I walk as well! 

Congrats on your progress @Bacardi it is difficult for many of us to go through these physical struggles and I know it's difficult but you have us your peefans family here who support you.  We believe in you

• Love 1
On 7/7/2023 at 1:51 AM, Bacardi said:

Today I did some work with my physical therapist for an injury I sustained in my neck and pain in my back. She told me she can tell I've lost weight since the last time I saw her (October-January). It made me feel really great, and I feel even better because I've added 2 lb hand weights to my treadmill routine. 

My mom got me a tiny treadmill for Christmas and in Jan/Feb I started walking on it to reach 10k steps a day at least 5 days a week, but I go for 7 if I can. I don't use a scale to measure weight loss as I am a woman who gets a regular menstrual cycle that cause me to gain/retain/lose weight on a daily basis. But from pictures and the way my clothes are fitting i can tell I've lost weight and I can't wait to see how my body reacts to using the weights when I walk as well! 

That's great. Keep up the good work. 

• Love 1

It's been a few weeks since I got knocked off my bike and I finally felt I could manage a ride. So Friday night I got my MTB out of storage (my road bike got trashed in the accident) and got it ready for a ride..... Complete mental block. My heart says go for it, you'll be fine but my head just won't let me get on it. I've tried all weekend but all I do is stare at it. Never ever thought I'd be too nervous to get on a bike but here I am and don't know what to do about it

• Hug 3
  • Haha 1