The PeeFans Sports Club

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Great effort Kupar. I have now been issued with a blue inhaler so need to suss out how it works before I try any gentle runs.

Oh! Take it easy my friend x

• Like 1

Had a lovely 25 mile bike ride today which was an enjoyable couple of hours. Happy to say I still fit in my lycra!

Highlight of the ride was the young girl walking with her mum waving to me as I rode past, and excitedly clapping when I waved back!

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Had a lovely 25 mile bike ride today which was an enjoyable couple of hours. Happy to say I still fit in my lycra!

Highlight of the ride was the young girl walking with her mum waving to me as I rode past, and excitedly clapping when I waved back!

Excellent - well done you.    As an adult cyclist, I do think it's a duty to give waves, thumbs up and the like to small kids.  I got a thumbs up back yesterday.

• Agree 1
  • Love 2

I wasn't going to post...  and now it seems like I'm trying to steal @Sophie's thunder - which I'm really not.

A few weeks ago a friend of ours who is a city tour guide told us he was getting involved in a company providing cycle tours.  A few days ago we saw an Easter offer and decided to book on a tour, so did the online payment and booked the shorter tour for yesterday.   Two minutes later a phone call from him, and we were upgraded onto the longer tour which he was leading.

So yesterday we had an awesome 16 mile guided tour around the city - not too energetic as we were all on e-bikes, and of the three-and-a-half hours of the tour, Strava says we were only actually cycling for about 90 minutes.    But fantastic to see some corners of a city I know quite well, so I thought.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 week til my first strongman comp, managed to drop right back into training after my 10k so I'm well on track. I'm loading a 140kg stone to 4ft for a few reps now and my next comp after this only has a 110kg stone so I should absolutely batter that event

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Just got back from my 1st proper ride (not including a few commutes) since early February. 34 miles in the bank and I'm surprised I'm not knackered.

Onwards and upwards 

Good work 🙂 

56 minutes ago, Xanthous Gaze said:

@Kupar my personal best step count record was 69,887 in a single day. I will never repeat this...😔I don't have the energy anymore. Let me know if you beat it. 😄 I was in my 20s at the time and, I worked 17 hours out of the 24 between 2 jobs. I would regularly get 50K-55k each day. Looking back I don't know how I did it. I walked the distance of a mini marathon each day. 

No - no way I would get close to that! Your record isn't going to be threatened. I did walk just over 29,000 steps the day before yesterday

It's been raining all morning where I am but as I was actually in the mood to go out for a ride, I thought 'sod it' and went anyway. Got soaked to the bone, my shoes filled with water but I really enjoyed getting out. I even stopped for a pee, pulled myself out, started peeing and thought, 'what's the point I'm already wet' so half way through, I tucked myself away and finished off my pee. 

That's probably why I enjoyed my ride lol

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

It's been raining all morning where I am but as I was actually in the mood to go out for a ride, I thought 'sod it' and went anyway. Got soaked to the bone, my shoes filled with water but I really enjoyed getting out. I even stopped for a pee, pulled myself out, started peeing and thought, 'what's the point I'm already wet' so half way through, I tucked myself away and finished off my pee. 

Well done for summoning up the motivation mate!

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

Well done for getting out there! I want to go for a ride, I really want to go for a ride, but it's raining! I will carry on riding if it starts raining while I am out, but actually leaving the house in the rain? It is so hard to find the motivation.

I can't even find anything from Lidl to make me want to go out! 🤣

• Hug 1
  • Agree 2
6 hours ago, Sophie said:

Well done for getting out there! I want to go for a ride, I really want to go for a ride, but it's raining! I will carry on riding if it starts raining while I am out, but actually leaving the house in the rain? It is so hard to find the motivation.

I can't even find anything from Lidl to make me want to go out! 🤣

Rain stopped! Oh man I absolutely love riding on a Sunday evening when everywhere is quiet. Just me, my daughter and a few dog walkers.

Anyone else love data?

_20230423_191750920.thumb.jpg.978606fff9871bd5ae4d8dfe5730a187.jpg

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Sophie said:

Rain stopped! Oh man I absolutely love riding on a Sunday evening when everywhere is quiet. Just me, my daughter and a few dog walkers.

Anyone else love data?

Looks like a perfect work out for a Sunday afternoon 😊. Well done for getting out x

• Love 1
Just now, gldenwetgoose said:

Looks like a few hills conquered there @Sophie ?

Yes! I am impressed you can tell from the graph. I really love climbing so I picked a route with lots of hills. My daughter didn't enjoy them much but she loved racing down the other side afterwards so it all worked out in the end.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Sophie said:

Anyone else love data?

Well done for getting out. 

I too am a data geek, I enjoy seeing how I've done compared to other rides in the same route etc. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kupar said:

First 10k race of the season this morning. I achieved my three modest goals: to get round, to beat my age in minutes and to get under 55 minutes so I'm happy. Ten minutes slower than my PB but I'm never seeing those sorts of times again 🙁. Still, I'm happy 🙂 

Well done mate 

• Thanks 1