The PeeFans Sports Club

26 minutes ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Details of the naked 5k runs in the UK get released today. I have a young female colleague who is interested if she is not already partying elsewhere. 

Ooh! Are those the ones at the Naturist Foundation, or are there runs elsewhere too? And ... fingers crossed your young female colleague decides to take part 🙂 

6 hours ago, Kupar said:

Ooh! Are those the ones at the Naturist Foundation, or are there runs elsewhere too? And ... fingers crossed your young female colleague decides to take part 🙂 

Spot on. If there are others I am unaware. She can't make the first one as she is away for the weekend and I am almost certain to be unable to make the second as won't be home till stupid o'clock Sunday morning and will be too sleepy to get there. Arghhh. 

• Thanks 1

My January goals were 200miles on the bike and I've done 310, so I'm happy with that but my running haven't gone to plan. I wanted to do 15 miles but only managed 11. Better than nothing but still a little annoying as it was the weather that stopped me. 

I hope all those that set themselves goals have done well and managed to keep motivated

• Like 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

My January goals were 200miles on the bike and I've done 310, so I'm happy with that

You smashed it mate! Don't worry about the running ... I failed on my target of 35 miles (managed 33.4).

Here's to February!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Kupar said:

You smashed it mate! Don't worry about the running ... I failed on my target of 35 miles (managed 33.4).

Here's to February!

I best think of some targets for February now.... 

Right, 250 miles on my bike (not going crazy as I keep hearing the weather will be bad) and I'll try 4 runs, so 12 miles. 

• Like 2

Got out for the first time in over a month to take advantage of the ridiculously mild weather to fit in a 5k yesterday.  Still found a wet leaf mulch section on a hard standing footpath I had to walk through and was very breathless at the end as possibly starting come down with something but posted an encouraging 28 minutes 23 seconds. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Got out for the first time in over a month to take advantage of the ridiculously mild weather to fit in a 5k yesterday.  Still found a wet leaf mulch section on a hard standing footpath I had to walk through and was very breathless at the end as possibly starting come down with something but posted an encouraging 28 minutes 23 seconds. 

Well done for getting out there! It was lovely weather wasn't it? The sun was warm on my back at 11:30 on my run 🌞

• Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...

A little milestone today on my route back to running a bit further and faster. The first time since Christmas that I've run five miles without walking intervals. I'm not going to break any speed records but I was pleased with 41:53. 

180 press ups today too 🙂

• Like 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Kupar said:

A little milestone today on my route back to running a bit further and faster. The first time since Christmas that I've run five miles without walking intervals. I'm not going to break any speed records but I was pleased with 41:53. 

Damn, this makes me tired just reading it 💦

• Hug 2
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, Kupar said:

That's a lot of press ups, I struggle to do 20. Joys of being a cyclist, my strength is in my legs

• Hug 2
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

That's a lot of press ups, I struggle to do 20. Joys of being a cyclist, my strength is in my legs

I can't do more that about 30 at a time. Today's were spaced out in sets of 15 throughout the day 🙂

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 2/23/2023 at 5:58 AM, Kupar said:

You. Are. Amazing. 🏆

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I did any exercise (that didn't involve solely my right hand).

Today I've been WFH and it's been looking like a lovely day out of the window.  Blue skies, sunshine, nothing like the last few weeks.

On a whim I decided to get my bike out at lunchtime, for a quick ride.  I did get quite into cycling a couple of years ago but then over the last two years spent some time awaiting for a medical way forward.  Now, I have the answer to that question - I can ride but I have a very compelling reason to watch and control my heart rate.

So this is the first time I've ridden since last summer, but fortunately the chain lube had done it's business.  A quick pump up of the skinny tyres and it was ready.

I even remembered how to clip in and more importantly unclip.  Always a bonus.

Now all of that is probably making me sound like the expert - and I'm not.  Today's effort was a mere 6 miles, and at a moderate pace.   I've never been a racer, I just tend to cycle at a pace my legs are happy with in a gear that's not too hard going.  But I survived, and it's a start to gradually and very carefully getting fitter again. On sunny days anyway.

IMG_2857.thumb.jpg.68f79b5825165139309593a7532adcf4.jpg IMG_2847.thumb.jpg.575a9ea3e000f00a89fc02294b4f70af.jpg

• Like 1
  • Hug 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

It's been a while since I did any exercise (that didn't involve solely my right hand).

Today I've been WFH and it's been looking like a lovely day out of the window.  Blue skies, sunshine, nothing like the last few weeks.

On a whim I decided to get my bike out at lunchtime, for a quick ride.  I did get quite into cycling a couple of years ago but then over the last two years spent some time awaiting for a medical way forward.  Now, I have the answer to that question - I can ride but I have a very compelling reason to watch and control my heart rate.

So this is the first time I've ridden since last summer, but fortunately the chain lube had done it's business.  A quick pump up of the skinny tyres and it was ready.

I even remembered how to clip in and more importantly unclip.  Always a bonus.

Now all of that is probably making me sound like the expert - and I'm not.  Today's effort was a mere 6 miles, and at a moderate pace.   I've never been a racer, I just tend to cycle at a pace my legs are happy with in a gear that's not too hard going.  But I survived, and it's a start to gradually and very carefully getting fitter again. On sunny days anyway.

IMG_2857.thumb.jpg.68f79b5825165139309593a7532adcf4.jpg IMG_2847.thumb.jpg.575a9ea3e000f00a89fc02294b4f70af.jpg

Well done for getting out. Hope you can do it more and build your health back up

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Well done for getting out. Hope you can do it more and build your health back up

Thanks - The weather was certainly an encouragement.

I don't feel too 'unhealthy' - I'm a reasonably brisk walker and reasonably active, maybe a few kg heavier than I could be and would like to lose a few inches of waistline.  I have to keep an eye on max heart rate to keep blood pressure in check and no heavy lifting.

My plan was once it got a fraction warmer to set up my turbo trainer in the garage again and use that to rebuild the cycling ability I had a couple of years ago, albeit in a controlled way.  But yesterday was too nice to waste.

Thanks for the encouragement!

• Love 2

I'm not sure if this counts as "sporty" so feel free to tell me off for being naughty and breaking the rules.

I did some errands on the bike today with my daughter, well, we went to two shops. It was really nice to get out on the hybrid and just have a ride with her, backpacks on our backs, jeans and a hoody. No lycra or anything, not even any padded shorts. Locked our bikes outside, went into the shops to buy some things (including chocolate, VERY important!) and rode home again. Did a little over 5 miles according to Google maps. Much nicer than taking the car!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Sophie said:

I'm not sure if this counts as "sporty" so feel free to tell me off for being naughty and breaking the rules.

I did some errands on the bike today with my daughter, well, we went to two shops. It was really nice to get out on the hybrid and just have a ride with her, backpacks on our backs, jeans and a hoody. No lycra or anything, not even any padded shorts. Locked our bikes outside, went into the shops to buy some things (including chocolate, VERY important!) and rode home again. Did a little over 5 miles according to Google maps. Much nicer than taking the car!

It counts. Definitely 🙂

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't gone out to do any exercise recently, this was due to several family difficulties and loses recently. The only form of exercise I've done is walking back and forth to my local hospital, sometimes several times per day. 

I finally had the chance to get up and get out for a ride today. I set my bike up last night, got out all my cloths and left them in the bathroom. I even made up a sports drink and got out some snacks. Sadly the only thing that I didn't get ready was motivation, I think I've lost it somewhere between sanity and stress. Oh well, maybe next time. 

Oh, if someone has found my motivation, and you please send it back before all the comfort eating I've done makes my belly not fit into my cycling gear anymore lol

• Hug 1

I don't know why, but I really want a hardtail mountain bike. I have no need for one, I already have two bikes, I live in the middle of a city so there are no trails and I don't see myself flying off jumps and things anyway. The closest thing I get to a trail is the potholes!

I have a Trek FX1 equipped with knobbly tyres which is my go to bike for commuting around town and just having fun. It's what I ride when I feel like being a bit of a hooligan, riding down stairs, popping wheelies, that sort of thing. It does everything I need it for so I really wouldn't benefit from a hardtail, yet I still want one lol.

FX1Disc_22_35001_A_Primary.thumb.jpg.ca9762f05867bdbc7b45da16a46e93f8.jpg

91520-79_ROCKHOPPER-29-CSTBLUMET-ICEBLU_

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I don't know why, but I really want a hardtail mountain bike. I have no need for one, I already have two bikes, I live in the middle of a city so there are no trails and I don't see myself flying off jumps and things anyway. The closest thing I get to a trail is the potholes!

I have a Trek FX1 equipped with knobbly tyres which is my go to bike for commuting around town and just having fun. It's what I ride when I feel like being a bit of a hooligan, riding down stairs, popping wheelies, that sort of thing. It does everything I need it for so I really wouldn't benefit from a hardtail, yet I still want one lol.

FX1Disc_22_35001_A_Primary.thumb.jpg.ca9762f05867bdbc7b45da16a46e93f8.jpg

91520-79_ROCKHOPPER-29-CSTBLUMET-ICEBLU_

I've got a hard tail and 2 road bikes and if I could, I'd get a gravel bike. And if I get a gravel, I'll probably want a full suspension or a flat bar road bike or something else, you know what they say... N + 1

That hard tail does look nice. I think K you should get it just to survive the pot holes. 

^^^ You had me trying to work out if that was exactly the same as my last (N+1 -1) bike...

We have a cycle to work scheme through work and having got a road bike last time around, I decided on a hybrid for the more casual trips when the scheme came out again.  Mine looks identical, give or take - but is a Boardman MTX.

4 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

^^^ You had me trying to work out if that was exactly the same as my last (N+1 -1) bike...

We have a cycle to work scheme through work and having got a road bike last time around, I decided on a hybrid for the more casual trips when the scheme came out again.  Mine looks identical, give or take - but is a Boardman MTX.

Beautiful bike.

I have a road bike too but I opt for the hybrid for more casual trips. There's no technology on it at all, not even the cheapest of the cheap bike computers. I feel much safer leaving it outside a shop for 10-15 minutes while I pop outside. So I'm really not sure why I want the hardtail.