The PeeFans Sports Club

On 8/28/2022 at 8:55 AM, harry_jones_1975 said:

Race information has arrived "Portable toilets are

also located on the course in close

proximity to the refreshments points"

Blast. 

Let's face it though, if you're in the middle of the main group then there's suddenly going to be a lot of people at the refreshment point ?    And if you're both after a quick stop and then keep up running pace then the last thing you need is being in a big queue for a portaloo....

That logic works for me anyway.  Don't know if your running partner will see it that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Let's face it though, if you're in the middle of the main group then there's suddenly going to be a lot of people at the refreshment point ?    And if you're both after a quick stop and then keep up running pace then the last thing you need is being in a big queue for a portaloo....

That logic works for me anyway.  Don't know if your running partner will see it that way.

We are going to be be stragglers spaced out at the back. I might try and persuade against it ha ha ha

• Love 1

Panic. My running buddy is not feeling great. So if she bails on me I will want to post sub One Hour but haven't practiced at all on the basis we were aiming for 90 Minutes together. Of course she might drag herself along to walk it which means taking longer and more pee stops. Final weather forecast is 23 degrees moderate Southerly winds and cloudy so ideal in my opinion. 

• Hug 1
12 minutes ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Panic. My running buddy is not feeling great. So if she bails on me I will want to post sub One Hour but haven't practiced at all on the basis we were aiming for 90 Minutes together. Of course she might drag herself along to walk it which means taking longer and more pee stops. Final weather forecast is 23 degrees moderate Southerly winds and cloudy so ideal in my opinion. 

Stay calm Harry! If she can't run tomorrow, work out your pace for the time you want to aim for and start off at that pace. There's always a tendency to go off too quickly, so be ruthless about not doing that. Then after a mile or two check in with your body and see how you're feeling. That way you've got time to adjust the pace - down if you're feeling like it's a struggle, or keep to it if you're feeling OK. For me, it always takes a mile or two to settle into a rhythm so not worth panicking until then! 

In any event, doing the run at all, at any pace, is an achievement - good luck!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

We made it around. My poor friend was so unpracticed due to being ill and a busy family life that I nearly killed her, but am well proud of her completing it. 

Well done to both of you ❤️. I'm so pleased she did it, and massive kudos to you for supporting her like that. Nice one Harry. Hope you enjoyed it x

Edited by Kupar
Typo
  • Like 1

I got round the half marathon. Phew. I wasn't feeling right, and after 10k I switched off my running watch, and half-walked, half-ran the rest of the distance. I finished in just under 2:13. To put that into context, a couple of years ago I ran the distance in under 1:42. But, as I say, I got round. And I'm happy with that 🙂

Oh ... And at about 11k, a guy running about 200m in front of me stopped for a slash in the hedge. No attempt to hide. 😊

Edited by Kupar
  • Hug 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Kupar said:

I got round the half marathon. Phew. I wasn't feeling right, and after 10k I switched off my running watch, and half-walked, half-ran the rest of the distance. I finished in just under 2:13. To put that into context, a couple of years ago I ran the distance in under 1:42. But, as I say, I got round. And I'm happy with that 🙂

Oh ... And at about 11k, a guy running about 200m in front of me stopped for a slash in the hedge. No attempt to hide. 😊

Glad you got round it and I hope you feel better. Must be something in the air cos I had a bad training run on Saturday and ended up run/walk just to get home. 

Least you had a highlight to the run and had a view, even if it was just a flash. 

• Thanks 1
On 9/4/2022 at 5:47 PM, Kupar said:

How do you feel now mate

44 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

How do you feel now mate

I'm OK thanks! Legs (inc knees) were fine, and my sore throat (which got worse in the days after) has sorted itself out. The only problem I have right now is that I've done my back in somehow ... very painful yesterday, and still bad this morning. But I'll survive! Old man's problems. Hope you're doing OK

• Hug 2
8 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

Great! My 1st half marathon is tomorrow and my knee currently hurts......oh boy

Gonna tape it up tomorrow, slow down my pace and hope for the best because I'm a scrooge and don't want to loose my entrance fee 😅😅 by pulling out

Oh!! Take care my friend, and listen to your body. Good luck x

• Agree 1
On 9/4/2022 at 5:47 PM, Kupar said:

Haha, great use of ‘stopped for a slash’! And good work on your half, too.

I did a half marathon last weekend, and almost ended up having to do the same. Upon heading to the start line, I had the initial inklings of needing a piss, but it was too late to trek back to the toilet - fortunately I was able to hold out for the 21km without it growing any more noticeable. Time-wise I didn’t have any particular target set, although did have at the back of my mind that it would be lovely to finish in sub 2 hour; so it was a pleasant surprise when I crossed the finish line on 01:58!

I also got a new PB at parkrun this morning, with a 23:10 🤠 

Next up, the Great South run.. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

Great! My 1st half marathon is tomorrow and my knee currently hurts......oh boy

Gonna tape it up tomorrow, slow down my pace and hope for the best because I'm a scrooge and don't want to loose my entrance fee 😅😅 by pulling out

Have a good run mate! Steady pace and good playlist.. hopefully some good comfy running shoes too? And you’ll be grand 🤙🏼

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

First run for me for four weeks (!) and I am so pleased I went out, even if it was a very gentle 4 miles of running, plus 0.1 mile walking between each mile. Glorious weather here this afternoon: really warm sunshine and a southerly breeze, so vest off after a mile. 🙂 Felt really good to be back out there.

• Like 1
  • Love 3