The PeeFans Sports Club

11.52k in 1 hour 13 minutes 19 seconds. It's already 21 degrees at 9am and the sun was relentless. Since April my only other run was a 5k on Monday so content with that. 

21 Days until my official 10k run which is at 4pm in the afternoon. If the hot weather keeps up everyone will be drinking so much water that it could turn into a massive peefest. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

11.52k in 1 hour 13 minutes 19 seconds. It's already 21 degrees at 9am and the sun was relentless. Since April my only other run was a 5k on Monday so content with that. 

21 Days until my official 10k run which is at 4pm in the afternoon. If the hot weather keeps up everyone will be drinking so much water that it could turn into a massive peefest. 

Excellent stuff! Coming along nicely 🙂. And ... that would be nice! 

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

That could be a good run to join

• Agree 1
24 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Nice weekend.  Did my 1st 10 mile run on Saturday and went to Yorkshire for a bike ride on Sunday. 2 "nice" 33% climbs and my legs are now done lol

Neither of those things alone are trivial, in fact both are beyond the abilities of the majority of us - so huge kudos on achieving either  and (kudos^2) for achieving both in one weekend.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Did a race last night,  5 miler on an undulating course.  I managed to take over 2 minutes of my previous time and set a new PB on a 5k as well so I'm rather happy with my effect,  and what made it better was I feel I could have gone faster. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

Did a race last night,  5 miler on an undulating course.  I managed to take over 2 minutes of my previous time and set a new PB on a 5k as well so I'm rather happy with my effect,  and what made it better was I feel I could have gone faster. 

This is great stuff! It's lovely to get to the end of something like that and know you are still on an upward performance trajectory. Nice one!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Just 9 Days till my first 10k run and still haven't checked the route for pee stops en route. 

If it's the same as when I ran it (last year I think) then there might not be any obvious places ... but I'm sure you'll find somewhere 🙂

• Agree 1

Route checked.  7 to 8k in is a country lane with no vehicles permitted and trees / hedges all about so looks ideal for me.  Whether I can persuade my female colleague to join me is another matter indeed lol. Sadly the weather is a lot cooler now so my hopes of her drinking pints to combat the heat and failing to hold are long gone. The only hope I have is how slow she is means we will be out for far longer than anyone would anticipate for a 10k which might just be long enough especially with the water stop at 5k.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Route checked.  7 to 8k in is a country lane with no vehicles permitted and trees / hedges all about so looks ideal for me.  Whether I can persuade my female colleague to join me is another matter indeed lol. Sadly the weather is a lot cooler now so my hopes of her drinking pints to combat the heat and failing to hold are long gone. The only hope I have is how slow she is means we will be out for far longer than anyone would anticipate for a 10k which might just be long enough especially with the water stop at 5k.

OK ... you need to persuade her to take on a couple of bottles at that water stop stage 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

I decided to take advantage of the long weekend and get some miles in. 90 miles from 2 bike rides and a 7.5 mile run (should have been longer but I wasn't feeling it) plus a few walks......can't wait to go back to work for a rest lol

Good work! You are getting the miles in!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
On 8/28/2022 at 8:55 AM, harry_jones_1975 said:

Race information has arrived "Portable toilets are

also located on the course in close

proximity to the refreshments points"

Blast. 

Let's face it though, if you're in the middle of the main group then there's suddenly going to be a lot of people at the refreshment point ?    And if you're both after a quick stop and then keep up running pace then the last thing you need is being in a big queue for a portaloo....

That logic works for me anyway.  Don't know if your running partner will see it that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1