The PeeFans Sports Club

10 hours ago, LovesToWet said:

"Come for a run", my mate said

"It'll be a steady pace" he said

10k later and I'm knacker. Wasn't expecting to run that far. I'm never trusting him again!

Great stuff! You did it. Hope you recover quickly 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, LovesToWet said:

I had a bath afterwards and kick my legs in the water, does that count?

That'll do! (I just ran in the rain - that's my swimming for the day lol.)

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Kupar said:

That'll do! (I just ran in the rain - that's my swimming for the day lol.)

I enjoy running and biking in the rain, it's helps hide things lol. On a serious note, I'm not doing anything today, it's a rest day for me, back to biking to work tomorrow to build my fitness back up. Had time off looking after the wife now I need to look after myself.

• Love 1

Top tip before going out for a run.... make sure you don't have toothpaste stains on your black shorts, it's not a good look especially when it's in your crotch! 

On the plus side, that's another 4 miles in the bank

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

I did another race last night (5 miles) and now my knees are killing me. I feel old

I feel for you! Knees are a problem for me and can take a long time to get better. Hope you're back running soon, but don't rush it.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Kupar said:

I feel for you! Knees are a problem for me and can take a long time to get better. Hope you're back running soon, but don't rush it.

They feel loads better now. Think I'll take it steady over the weekend just to be safe

• Like 1

Less than 2 weeks to a half marathon and first run for a while after feeling a nasty twinge in my dodgy left knee. And ... 15k done this morning with knee braced, but feeling fine - so all is good 🙂. I might get round that half after all!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

That's good going @Kupar. Good luck with your half.

I managed 7 miles last night, slowly building to a half myself

Well done 🙂 That's over half way 🙂  -- and thanks!

Edited by Kupar

Last training run before this weekend's half - more diagnostic than anything, to check that my knee is OK, remind my heart and lungs that there's a difference between running and walking, and to discover which muscles and joints are going to feel it and will need proper waking up and stretching before the race. Just a gentle 4.5 miles at a pace that suggests I might get round the half in around 1hr 50m. So that's the target. (Stripped off in the garden to cool down afterwards, stood with feet apart, and let out a nice pee on to the lawn - it helps with post-run relaxation I find 🙂)

@LovesToWet, @harry_jones_1975, @Sophie - how is your training going? And @amack - you still running?

Edited by Kupar
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Kupar said:

Last training run before this weekend's half - more diagnostic than anything, to check that my knee is OK, remind my heart and lungs that there's a difference between running and walking, and to discover when muscles and joints are going to feel it and will need proper waking up and stretching before the race. Just a gentle 4.5 miles at a pace that suggests I might get round the half in around 1hr 50m. So that's the target. (Stripped off in the garden to cool down afterwards, stood with feet apart, and let out a nice pee on to the lawn - it helps with post-run relaxation I find 🙂)

@LovesToWet, @harry_jones_1975, @Sophie - how is your training going? And @amack - you still running?

Good luck hun, kick ass! 

Training is going well thanks, confident me and my daughter will be able to complete the half marathon on the 26th. We have done a few 15k runs now but would like to do a 20k to see how we cope with the extra distance. Going out later today for a run and will have another this weekend. 

I'm excited! 

• Love 2
Just now, Sophie said:

Training is going well thanks, confident me and my daughter will be able to complete the half marathon

Yay! Good luck to both of you this afternoon 🙂 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1